Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

COWarMod ACE Compatible - Open beta Project

Sounds good, and understandable.

Final decision:

Rocket Ballistics

Keep

Tested in all configurations of the game and apart from the added ACE features could not find any difference to how the rockets behaved with the addon enabled.

You did good Angus, we'll go with it, if there were no conflicts, or you did not see any difference then thats fine, lets move on.

The next feature I would like to have you on is the AI improvement feature.

As per my previous post:

The next test will be the AI Improvements, Soldaten is already testing this ACE feature but the AI is a

big aspect of the game so like you had tested the jtd fire and smoke, we will also need to test the AI.

For information on what files to test, refer to:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....6&postcount=20

post #20 towards the middle, that is the post i made about the AI improvement feature to test.

You can start testing that when you are able and ready.

In the meantime while you guys are testing the AI Improvements, I am working on a list of other things that will be needed to test.

Any questions, thoughts, post your reply, or send me a pm.

Just go to post 20, and scroll down mid page youll see the format, and what addons in COWarMod need to be tested with ACE.

I click on the link and it just comes up with "The requested URL /showpost....6&postcount=20 was not found on this server."

What mod have that can't-shot-while-walking-thing?

Soldaten report

I tested the following addons:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagement.pbo

Recomendations:

To remove Zeus AI mod;

I tested with ACE and it overrides ACE's AI Skills.

With Zeus AI too accurate; engagement ranges are better with ace. however need a second opinions.

Hey Soldaten,

I want

Soldaten

Col.

and anyone else whos available,

I will also be testing this too.

Feature to test:

[b][color="Green"]AI Improvements [/color][/b]
[u]addons that are in concern here:[/u]
- [b]ard[/b] - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12815
- [b]sys_airearming[/b] - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105
- [b]inf_stealth_recognition[/b]- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9604
- [b]mechinftac.pbo[/b] - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13199
- [b]zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors.pbo[/b] - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250
zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

Lastly...

Testing Notes2

when you are testing you need to understand what we are looking for, questions are as follows to keep in mind:

1. What does the ACE feature do?
2. What does the feature in COWarMod do?
3. when i test with COWarMod and ACE does the ACE feature work or is it overridden, does the CoWarMod feature work or is it overriidden or enhance (add) to the ACE feature?
4. when I test with CoWarModACE (Cowarmod files removed) does ace features work with CoWarMod or are their any conflicts?

Understand? any questions please ask, either ask here in reply, or pm me.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

AI Enhancements (Extended engagement ranges, improved ROF selection, improved spotting capabilities, improved accuracy, faster target reacquisition, and throwing smoke while healing).

Not recommended to use with (currently outdated) ZEUS AI config tweaks or similair addons.

I would recommend not removing it, but replacing it with the ACE compatible zeus mod. I know it's all up to you Günter Severloh, just giving my opinion

I click on the link and it just comes up with "The requested URL /showpost....6&postcount=20 was not found on this server."

Yes I know, and I dont know why its broken dont matter post 20 says this:

Feature to test:

[b][color="Green"]AI Improvements [/color][/b]
addons that are in concern here:
- ard - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12815
- sys_airearming - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12105
- inf_stealth_recognition- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9604
- mechinftac.pbo - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13199
- zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors.pbo - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250
zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

Col said What mod have that can't-shot-while-walking-thing?

That was Sam hand signals, but thats not in COWarMod v 1.1, I had removed it as that is really just for COOP play, and to use it you have to configure your controls.

For testing you need CoWarMod v 1.1 or the results will be different to some degree.

Soldaten report

I tested the following addons:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors.pbo

Recomendations:

To remove Zeus AI mod;

I tested with ACE and it overrides ACE's AI Skills.

With Zeus AI too accurate; engagement ranges are better with ace. however need a second opinions.

AI Enhancements (Extended engagement ranges, improved ROF selection, improved spotting capabilities, improved accuracy, faster target reacquisition, and throwing smoke while healing).

Not recommended to use with (currently outdated) ZEUS AI config tweaks or similair addons.

Angus S said I would recommend not removing it, but replacing it with the ACE compatible zeus mod.

Use this version of Zeus instead:

Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular - ACE

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688&highlight=ZEUS%2BAI

We'll still need to test this even if its compatible if no issues then we can go from there.

The outdated zeu_c_ai_ addons will only work against ACE (/ASR) enhancements.

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion - maybe.

The rest probably adds some interesting and useful features.

I hope you guys are testing with the latest 1.60 betas, as a lot of fixes/improvements have been included especially regarding AI,

ACE is recommended to be played with it :)

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sickboy,

The outdated zeu_c_ai_ addons will only work against ACE (/ASR) enhancements.

Ca you be more specific as to how it would work againsted.

If Zues works with ACE then I see np, Zues is one of a few AI addons/mods in CoWarMod that we are testing.

I hope you guys are testing with the latest 1.60 betas, as a lot of fixes/improvements have been included especially regarding AI

Sounds good, but I dont use betas, never have, I prefer official patches, and since we had started with the latest official patch,

we will stick with it.

When the CWM/ACE is released or downloadable rather it can be updated if need be, as what were doing is basic,

seeing what works what doesn't.

If you have some insights for ACE to help out in our testing, for ACE, then I'm open to suggestions.

The thread is open to suggestions, and or feedback, any feedback will only help speed up our testing process,

as there is alot more to test then just what were currently testing atm.

As said the zeu_c_ai_ pbos are outdated. Our settings are updated all the time, and Robalo has put a lot of work into it.

So if you're going to add the zeu_c_ai_ pbos (im not talking about the others!), then you are overwriting awesome and up2date settings, with over a year old, outdated, unbalanced ones. Those pbos are not needed for the other nice AI features the zeus AI mod delivers.

Anyway, up to you, but seems deconstructive.

Not sure what you mean with "CWM/ACE". I was talking about http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Edited by Sickboy

As said the zeu_c_ai_ pbos are outdated. Our settings are updated all the time, and Robalo has put a lot of work into it.

So if you're going to add the zeu_c_ai_ pbos (im not talking about the others!), then you are overwriting awesome and up2date settings, with over a year old, outdated, unbalanced ones. Those pbos are not needed for the other nice AI features the zeus AI mod delivers.

Anyway, up to you, but seems deconstructive.

Not sure what you mean with "CWM/ACE". I was talking about http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Is the latest 1.60 betas stable enough to update arma2? I would like to test CWM/ACE with this beta.

"CWM/ACE"
COWarMod/ACE

So for the Zeus use the following:

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion

zeu_FindCover

zeu_GLx

zeu_netcode

zeu_sys_AI

remove the following:

zeu_c_ai_recognition

zeu_c_ai_rof

zeu_c_ai_skill

Zues readme for AI skill and precision

Player and server profile skill levels significantly affect gameplay. Empirical

data provides the following recommended skill settings for the .ArmA2Profile:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

With the above settings, AI provide good suppression levels, attempt flanking

manoeuvres on spotted enemy while maintaining close formation and also make use

of cover and concealment during movement. Attacks are slower, in larger force

and more deliberate. Spotting distance is slightly extended in comparison to

lower skill settings.

Reducing skill settings to:

skillFriendly=0.5;

skillEnemy=0.5;

With these settings AI tend attack individually or in loose formation with

little regard for use of cover. Frontal attacks are common.

Recommended precision settings for the player/server profile are:

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

Higher precision settings tend to make the AI too accurate, which destroys

some of the immersion. These are recommended values borne out of extensive

testing. You can of course vary them as you wish to make enemy more

lethal, but the window for adjustment is very small for precision: 0.2 - 0.245

Friendly precision is set higher to mitigate against friendly fire and does not

appear to unbalance gameplay when commanding AI squads.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I took everything out of zeus and just kept find cover part and it works great they really take there time covering and then move to next area.Also I left asr 1.1 as is and kept slx mod that came with cowarmod. I'm running Ace 1.12 updated

Hey Bravo,

So you followed my list here then:

So for the Zeus use the following:

zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion

zeu_FindCover

zeu_GLx

zeu_netcode

zeu_sys_AI

remove the following:

zeu_c_ai_recognition

zeu_c_ai_rof

zeu_c_ai_skill

and the AI is working good for you then overall, they dont seem to accurate using the above mentioned profile settings?

As atm not that I have experienced it recently but there is an AI accuracy problem where the AI are very good shots.

Hows the testing with everyone else, what are your results for the AI so far with the above files removed and other ones used,

as well as profile settings as mentioned in my previous post?:

Soldaten

Angus

Col

Kommiekat

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I haven't had much of a chance to test sorry, but from what I've seen the AI has been working well and their accuracy isn't over the top. The game is amazing with all of these AI mods working together, I've never enjoyed it so much

I took Zeus and stripped it down to just Zeus core and find cover and erased everything else in Zeus...The ai really took cover more realistically then before,now if we can get them from seeing in high grass we would be almost golden here.The one thing I dislike about the ace mod is the stupid satchel arming im still confused on the keys cause I tried them all.They should have left it as is with once its place scroll mouse wheel once and pick satchel,but no they had to change such a easy way to arm it.recognize and stealth skill mod you have I don't really know how to make that work.I also took the ai talking mod out it was getting stupid they just say things at wrong times and made no since to have it. Also took vfladder out no need for that I found no use for it most house have a way to get to the to top of the roof.True mod is great I love that don't have to zoom in when using my m4a1 rifle. As I said before I also left Slx as is nothing to change on that. One thing I do have a problem with is smoke grenades they slow my system down when the ai is consistently throwing them. How can I change that from happening.The rest of the mods I left as is. hopefully the ver 1.60 will take care of some the ai things like knowing where you are even when you moved location and I'm sure they did not see me. and seeing through high grass which I saw they did a beta patch for that. Really for the ver 1.60 it should concentrate on ai because that's what really makes the game enjoyable. Nothing like playing a ai that while think more human like and not know every move you made. Well try the Zeus thing out and keep asr ai 1.1 in too you will see a good change in ai behavior for the most part but I'm sure they can make it better with the new patch.

Edited by bravo409

Thanks for the feedback Bravo, but I can barely read the paragraph, its hard to follow and understand what your trying to explain or point out,

you need to use proper English formatting when you type.

as for what I read I will answer what i can accordingly:

recognize and stealth skill mod you have I don't really know how to make that work.

You mean infantry and stealth recognitionthat is used or changed adjusted what have you via userconfig. see here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9604

In CoWarMod I had already did many tests to adjust the settings in the config, yet it still can be tweaked a bit,

this will have to be tested alone in order to see what the AI does I will make those adjustments for you based on the feedback we get when we test this.

I also took the ai talking mod out it was getting stupid they just say things at wrong times and made no since to have it.

Theres actually a few AI talking mods not just rug dsai, but the AI at times I found actually said things in relation to the situation,

but this is a personal preference for this mod.

lso took vfladder out no need for that I found no use for it most house have a way to get to the to top of the roof.

I beg to differ, the houses on Takistan and on zargabad but outside of those 2-3 islands for OA, most house do not have a way to get to the roof,

all depends on what island your on and where your at and what buildings you are around. i personally use it about half of the time I play,

i find it very useful, but again this mod is a personal preference.

One thing I do have a problem with is smoke grenades they slow my system down when the ai is consistently throwing them.

How can I change that from happening.

Well considering this is not the COWarMod thread but one for testing only, and that the question has been answered already,

you will need to refer to my questions & Answers FAQ question #21 to get your answer http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/#anchor-1-20

if any more questions about COWarMod in general issues or what not, refer to that FAQ for CoWarMod or post in the COWarMod thread.

I would like to keep this thread relevant to CoWarMod ACE Compatible testing and feedback for it.

Thanks for your feedback Sickboy,

I had already known about this feature, but for those you have either option,

you can use the AI talk type mods in CoWarMod or just use the AI talk from ACE, they both work, but its a personal preference.

If I'm not mistaken i will have to look but I believe Rug DSAI has a module too for the editor.

UPDATE

When you guys test, use the latest version of COWarModACE that we have as per Our testing.

If your not sure what to do, do the following:

COWarModACE

1. create an exact copy of @COWarMod and name the new copy @COWarModACE

just add ACE to the end of the new copy.

2. in the addons folder of the @COWarModACE remove the following files:

Files to remove from COWarMod

to make it compatible with ACE:

- inko_disposable.pbo
- map_no_sat.pbo
- slx_anim_weapontransitions 
- FasterHandGrenadeThrowAnimation_Gameplay_C_PvPscene
- slx_anim_grenadethrow
- fnc_ballistics_infantry
- fnc_ballistics_launchers
- fnc_ballistics_vehicles
- fnc_muzzlevelocity
- fnc_scopes_common_c
- fnc_scopes_common_m

Optional files

- [b]ReducedFatigue_Gameplay_C_PvPscene[/b]
if you want to keep ACE realistic then remove this.

- [b]ReducedWeaponWeight_Gameplay_C_PvPscene[/b]
if you want to keep ACE realistic then remove this.

either remove 
- [b]ICE_AircraftHUD[/b] or remove ace_sys_mfd 
(Aces MFD) or keep both,
Im leaving this up to the user.

remove these if you just want the AI talk in ACE, but these
files wont hurt nothing by having them.
- RUG_DSAI -(allincluded files that say Rug_DSAI)
- sar_krik 
- slx_dialogue
- radio_streamlined.pbo
- radio_streamlined_text.pbo
- radio_streamlined_identify.pbo

Download:

[b]Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular - ACE[/b]
[url]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ight=ZEUS%2BAI[/url]
[b][size="3"]So for the Zeus use the following:[/size][/b]
- zeu_ACE_c_wep_dispersion
- zeu_FindCover
- zeu_GLx
- zeu_netcode
- zeu_sys_AI

[b][u][size="3"]remove the following:[/size][/u][/b]
- zeu_c_ai_recognition
- zeu_c_ai_rof
- zeu_c_ai_skill

ArmA2OAProfile

Player and server profile skill levels significantly affect gameplay. Empirical

data provides the following recommended skill settings for the .ArmA2Profile:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

With the above settings, AI provide good suppression levels, attempt flanking

manoeuvres on spotted enemy while maintaining close formation and also make use

of cover and concealment during movement. Attacks are slower, in larger force

and more deliberate. Spotting distance is slightly extended in comparison to

lower skill settings.

Reducing skill settings to:

skillFriendly=0.5;

skillEnemy=0.5;

With these settings AI tend attack individually or in loose formation with

little regard for use of cover. Frontal attacks are common.

Recommended precision settings for the player/server profile are:

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

Higher precision settings tend to make the AI too accurate, which destroys

some of the immersion. These are recommended values borne out of extensive

testing. You can of course vary them as you wish to make enemy more

lethal, but the window for adjustment is very small for precision: 0.2 - 0.245

Friendly precision is set higher to mitigate against friendly fire and does not

appear to unbalance gameplay when commanding AI squads.

This is the current position of the project.

For testing I am currently finishing up on my own tests with the AI Improvement, and testing the following files in COWarModACE.

repeat @COWarModACE

again testers need to test with all files above either removed or changed, using the new @COWarMod

ACE folder to test when you test with ACE, so it looks like this in your target line:

-mod=@CBA;@COWarModACE;@ACE

any questions, or feedback let me know.

Currently working on another small project for the remaining of the week, will be back testing this by the weekend.

The AI aspect of the testing is down to two files, the remaining tests are mods that need to be tested that are not listed in the ACE features list.

I know of one testers out of the country atm and he will be back around the 6th or so, but the rest of the guys not sure what happened to them.

Suppose i will have to do this again myself as usual if no one wants to help.

Hey I'm still keen to help, but I'll be pretty busy for a week and a half or so sorry. I'll get back on to testing as soon as I can

I still have problem with my ai in my squad when i play bennys warfare.

When i have asked my ai squad to go to crouch stance, some of them suddenly wouldn't move or do anyting they just go to crouch and stand still, cant order them to do anything. really annoying, i really like this mod compilation, and its superb with ACE, can there be any solution for this??

I play with GL4, fx turned off, also.

Try without GL4 just run COWarMod with ACE as i had described in detail how to do in my 2nd to last post.

Any mods outside of COWarModACE added will effect the game obviously but be sure the game works

with COWarModACE before reporting any issues.

Also consider nothing in the testing here is final yet. Even COWarMod still needs to be updated,

its pretty good and stable where its at but I'm still looking for more bugs and what not if there is any.

If your questions are specifically COWarMod then use the CoWarMod thread, if your actually using the

COWarModACE setup as described in the thread here then run that alone and go from there.