Sign in to follow this  
mankyle

Trophy tank defense system and modding

If we look at the teaser video it's very clear that the attacked tank has some kind of active defense system.

I don't know how it works (yet) but applied to ships maybe the trophy system code can be used to simulate ESSMs or other missiles that can be used to counter and destroy enemy missiles and projectiles.

Anyway, I'm eager to see the functionality of that system ingame

I also wonder how this will be implemented into the game. Will tanks be overpowered in the beginning or similar.

Edited by paecmaker

Tanks have to be big nasty killing machines where everybody shits his pants when he hears then coming onto the battlefield. I really don´t know whats wrong with strong tanks?

Pretty much..that is why shoulder mounted rockets were invented, even with trophy a team can take out a tank, the system probably can't take out two consecutive rockets or missiles. Or who knows, perhaps with the vast jump in technology new armor piercing weapons will have been made.

Edited by NodUnit

I have already simulated the Russian Arena system for ACE, but we have no vehicles to put it on. :p

I have already simulated the Russian Arena system for ACE, but we have no vehicles to put it on. :p

This is where someone from RHS jumps in and says "o lol we haz a T80 version now wit arena hay nouber send me a PM for dominate"

This is where someone from RHS jumps in and says "o lol we haz a T80 version now wit arena hay nouber send me a PM for dominate"

I wouldn't complain, LOL.

I'm glad there's a TROPHY system. Tanks need to return to a "Oh my god, it's a tank" status instead of "Oh, another tank? NLAW target practice time...." Tanks need to be made more formidable, and/or AT missiles need to be made more realistic.

I'm glad there's a TROPHY system. Tanks need to return to a "Oh my god, it's a tank" status instead of "Oh, another tank? NLAW target practice time...." Tanks need to be made more formidable, and/or AT missiles need to be made more realistic.

^this

Pretty much..that is why shoulder mounted rockets were invented, even with trophy a team can take out a tank, the system probably can't take out two consecutive rockets or missiles. Or who knows, perhaps with the vast jump in technology new armor piercing weapons will have been made.

IIRC Trophy has 0.3 second between shots and can engage 2 enemy missiles/RPGs at the same time (I saw video where they tested it agains 2 RPGs at the same time), so it will wont be easy to take it out. Also remember that Merkava 4 is very well armored, so you would need powerfull ATGMs or RPGs to disable/destroy it.

I agree with others that tank should be something that bunch of soldiers should fear instead of thinking "bleh, another target practice".

The vehicle armour and anti tank weapons in ace 2 are good enough for now as a fix, but for arma 3, I really want more realistic vehicle armour and at weapons.