Sign in to follow this  
walker

How you cut Fossil Fuel use in the third world

Hi all

This post may upset DM/Pelham/Baff1 et al but it has to be made.

JOl4vwhwkW8

It is not all high tech you know :)

Thanks to Bryan for the link ;)

Kind Regards walker

Walker, even though this forum description has "Topics should ideally still be related in some way, for example: military, politics, science and other military games" in it means not that you have to start a new thread about every little news snippet about science or politics.

Either you start your very own "Walkers Science News" thread in which you throw all your news, or you start your own blog somewhere.

While your threads are on topic, a some point your numerous threads simply become boring and/or annoying.

Really nice video. That technique is used here in my country too, but we don't use fossil energy sources, mostly hidroeletric sources.

Either you start your very own "Walkers Science News" thread in which you throw all your news, or you start your own blog somewhere.

I am all for that as long as there isn't at least a couple of threads each day linking to different news sites. Can you do that walker?

Or could a moderator (cough Wolle) just merge all of walker (recent) threads? I know it involves some work, but then at least he'll have a place to call his own and hopefully cram everything there

I saw that story on the BBC news website, it's simplicity is brilliant! That they can provide the equivalent of 50 watts is incredible (during daytime of course).

I really like this. Its simple, yet effective. Thanks Walker for posting

Nope doesn't upset me, I am glad you have found something that actually works for a change. It's a good idea, I might even put one in my garden shed.

Why not start your own Blog though? This is the BIS Offtopic forum section not a Greenpeace RSS news service?

it's very simple and usage is well known (refracted and reflected light to illuminate rooms)

carbon water composition improves the refraction

examples:

Tonic has Quinine , or just water with Quinine (they say soda which is carbonated water, but i wonder if it has also Quinine)

why? well because

Quinine's very sensitive to ultraviolet light (UV), will fluoresce in direct sunlight, due it's highly conjugated resonance structure.

so to make this work even better,

slap 1 or 2 UV diodes on edge of the lamp and You have even lightsource on night ....

the amount of possible combinations with other elements is also very nice to think about

just for laught it's also old news (3 years at minimum) see

CS3764DmIP4

Edited by Dwarden

It's much much older then 3 years.

This has been around for for a least 25+ years. I've seen it used

in abandoned cabins uses by hikers in the back woods many many years ago.

It's probably just making a big appearence because of the vast amount of plastic bottles available nowadays.

Edited by jblackrupert