Sign in to follow this  
Remy

Bomber are a mint idea

I want to see either mortars or bombers, one or the other or both.  I don't want to see aircraft carriers like other's have asked for, I just want an aircraft that can drop bombs, not big f'in bombs, just maybe 250lbs or 500lbs bombs, maybe some cluster bombs.

I know some of you's don't want to see any bombers in the game as it is right now.  I can see why with the AA rockets being as buggy as they are, and how hard it's to fly the aircrafts.  But I think in time, with fixes and tweaks of the physics, with addional Anti-Aircraft Weapons, and some larger maps, bombers are a possibility.  At this point and time of the game's development, bombers wouldn't be-shouldn't be a priority to the developers.  I'd like them to fix lots of other aspects of the game first.  I don't expect to see a bomber in the game for some time now, but eventually, there will be one.

"Who are you to moderate these boards? If BIS sees no opposition against idea of bombers they might be fool enough to listen idiots who want them to OFP."

I let the developers decide what goes in and what doesn't. I don't expect anything from them, nor do I b*tch or whine when something goes in or isn't in. I take what I get and play with what I got.  Take the addition of the AUG in the next addon. I'm pretty sure someone suggested it, and they looked at the idea and went with it.  Now there's quite a few people up in arms with that decision.  One of the reasons I like posting here is because some of our suggestions may make it into the game, and I think that's cool.  I feel there's a time and place for every addon, no matter what it is.  Most of the suggested addons aren't do-able, but that's ok, because right now isn't the time for most of them anyway.  But if we all keep our cool and let time do it's work, I'm sure the game will play out.

-=Die Alive=-

About time someone started making sense. I totally agree with you. When the other problems are fixed and when it is more appropriate for bombers then I agree they should be added but as the game is right now with the smaller islands and that the game is doing a infantry sim rather than everything sim then bombers will have to wait (this of course being my own opinion as to why they should not be included). Mortars on the other hand would be a great add-on at the moment, good thinking.

Guest Scooby

I used to try to write some actual positive suggestions and ideas what could be added into game and what could be changed in order to make it more realistic.

I noted that BIS really didnt seem to be very interestied about it since the biggest group of people are the 14 year old ones who want to get every "cool" piece of equipment or special forces unit they happen to see in TV without thinking how it is used and why it should or should not be in OFP.

I though that it would be better stop wasting my time and rather just to focus my aim to get idiot population out of these boards and atleast get some negative feedback to their ideas which go along the line of MRLS, Aircraft carriers, Fighters, Bombers, Nukes, etc.

My main focus earlier on was to get BIS to realize that infantry has alot of work to do and that infantry is seriously handicapped at the moment. Result being that infantry gets worthless eye candy to use such as rotating grenade launchers, G36 and steyr aug.

I agree with you scooby but there is nothing wrong with people - whatever age - posting their opinion on this board. (Im much more than 14 years old BTW :-)

I just dislike when someone who's gone and purchased OFP posts 'I want a flamethrower' only to get a reply by some realist gun-nut calling him a 'retard'.

Ok S-T-U-P-I-D Kidies! Not everybody! A Bomber is very usefull thats for sure! But now to the others who says ´for example: A bomber in an infatry simulator.... WHO DA #### SAID OFP IS AN INFANTRY SIM??? OFP IS A REALISTIC WAR SIMULATION AND IF YOU WANT TO SIMULATE WAR YOU NEED AIRSUPPOT, INFANTRY, TANKS AND MAY MORE!!! SO WHAT???

Iam German hit me if you can tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suddy on 3:14 pm on Oct. 31, 2001

Ok S-T-U-P-I-D Kidies! Not everybody! A Bomber is very usefull thats for sure! But now to the others who says ´for example: A bomber in an infatry simulator.... WHO DA #### SAID OFP IS AN INFANTRY SIM??? OFP IS A REALISTIC WAR SIMULATION AND IF YOU WANT TO SIMULATE WAR YOU NEED AIRSUPPOT, INFANTRY, TANKS AND MAY MORE!!! SO WHAT???

Iam German hit me if you can tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Fly your plane any higher than 200 feet. Than you'll see why it isn't a fly sim...

Hey why do you think it is lame to have bombers in the game

I think it is a good idea to have bombers and Scud missils in the game.

No one says that they have to be in every mission

But, They would be great in coop missions,

(save the world from Atomic Destruction!!

or save a city from being bombed in to pices!!.

That Would be Great!!!

Yah, i like the last guys comment. And I really liked Suddy because he is telling the truth about ofp. The bomber was apart of war. mostly in ww2. But since this is a cold war and it is more in the further in the future than ww2 Im pretty d*amn shure they would use bombers in the war again. Dont you think so?

You don't even want to know how many of these topics I have discussed. It always ends in an 'NO' so don't even bother. Do a search in the forum. You'll come up with tens of bomber request. It's just a plain srupid request. It would be cool to have in cutscenes, but NOT as a flyable plane.

yeah, i agree. it shouldn't be anyway, but if it is then it should be strickly for show. it'll probably be crap and hard get right if its put in the game, and even then it'd be overkill.

Ok this thread is officaly closed now, way to many f**king replys to it. It was just a joke

hahahahha

What do you mean officically closed?

I am ith the veterans on this one, bombers have no stratigic value in this game, nor could they be implamented.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Remy on 7:44 am on Nov. 2, 2001

Ok this thread is officaly closed now, way to many f**king replys to it. It was just a joke

hahahahha

<span id='postcolor'>

Wow, we sure had a great time...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from The Jub Jub Bird on 1:03 am on Nov. 3, 2001

What do you mean officically closed?

I am ith the veterans on this one, bombers have no stratigic value in this game, nor could they be implamented.

<span id='postcolor'>

Haven't you paid attention for the last 2 weeks? Kegetys made a rather nice bomber from the A10, it's in the game, it works. It's not the incredibly powerful superplane you somehow see it as, it makes an excelent low altitude bomber and seems to snap right into place in OFP.

Thats not a bomber in the true sense of the word "bomber", the A-10 is a close-support attack aircraft. A bomber is like a B-52 for example, which drops its payload from an altitude far outside the games engines capability and any weapon range of the game. The payload dropped by these types is also far, far more than is neccessary for this game, or an conflict like this in general. They could flatten the island in one fly over.

Tactical bombers were also spoke of. Now tactical bombers, I am thinking of planes like an F-16 for example (is infact a multirole air-combat fighter with advance ground attack capabilities) would be useless on islands of this scale. The maps in this game are 14km square, thats less than 4km either way, which means that at full cruising speed these planes could pass the island in less thna a second. With it hard enough to see things as it is try hitting a target at that speed. You need, smart guided bombs, which it'll please you to here are being added into the game with the next patch as a part of the A-10 load-out and guided by a black op laser which was added in patch number 1.29.

Anything else?

Oh, I nearly forgot, I wouldn't mind seeing a Bronco, those things rock.

(Edited by The Jub Jub Bird at 11:29 pm on Nov. 3, 2001)

OMG, next their gonna be asking for a B-17 or a B-29 or maybe even a PE-8 :biggrin:

all i have to say is d*amn skippy. i would love to see a Bronco in the game but in its normal role not the one that some people who can think straight are trying to say. and also i agree with both the large bombers and fighter-bombers would be usless in the game. thanks for the help in telling these people how stupid this idea is at the moment.

Say, I was the one starting the counter bomber thing sad.gif I should get all the credit (and chicks) :biggrin:

I've had the hardest time. I've been arguing with these guys for 6 pagas!

I think the fact that this topic as gone as long as it has is because we all agree to disagree.  But  I still want my BOMBER.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Ruskie on 8:08 pm on Nov. 1, 2001

yeah, i agree. it shouldn't be anyway, but if it is then it should be strickly for show. it'll probably be crap and hard get right if its put in the game, and even then it'd be overkill.

<span id='postcolor'>

this statement pretty much killed all the arguing, at least for while. so i deserve a few chicks and maybe some money too.....