Sign in to follow this  
Remy

Bomber are a mint idea

And BTW, I'm running a AMD Athlon T-bird 1600. That's more than enough for OFP...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Slick on 10:09 am on Oct. 27, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 1:01 am on Oct. 27, 2001

Man, have you just lost your bottle or something? this is an infantry simulator! You simply ain't getting your bomber!!

<span id='postcolor'>

If it's an infanrty simulator it has to be as realistic as can be so we need bombers for close air support.

Why arent there mortars in the game?? a mortar is an infantry tool.

and why did you buy this game I think you wil have more fun playing the delta force series.

if you dont like the freedom of controling other vehicles

then dont play this game.

<span id='postcolor'>

And if you like bombers, go play a flight sim.

(Edited by RedStorm at 7:02 pm on Oct. 27, 2001)

Kill 100+ people with 1 or 2 bombs? We arn't talking about putting really big bombs into this game. There are plenty of bombs that do much less area damage then that. We never said bombers with nuclear warheads or the A bomb. Just smaller bombs for air cover for troops. I can think of plenty of new missions I could make if only we had a bomber in the game. I think this game would be even better with bombers, so much more things you could do with them in there. Don't worry RedStorm, we'll get you wanting bombers in the game too, just give us time wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 6:54 pm on Oct. 27, 2001Yea, battles with 100+ people are really good, especially when ur in a bomber. You drop 1 or 2 bombs and they're all dead...<span id='postcolor'>

They'll all be dead if you use one of these babies.  A fifteen thousand pound bomb, the BLU-82 "Daisy Cutter"is the biggest non-nuke bomb in the US inventory.  They're dropped from C-130s via parachute, maily used to create LZs in dense forested areas.

blu-82-small_blu.jpg

-=Die Alive=-

yea, it would create a landing zone alright...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 7:01 pm on Oct. 27, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Slick on 10:09 am on Oct. 27, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedStorm on 1:01 am on Oct. 27, 2001

Man, have you just lost your bottle or something? this is an infantry simulator! You simply ain't getting your bomber!!

<span id='postcolor'>

If it's an infanrty simulator it has to be as realistic as can be so we need bombers for close air support.

Why arent there mortars in the game?? a mortar is an infantry tool.

and why did you buy this game I think you wil have more fun playing the delta force series.

if you dont like the freedom of controling other vehicles

then dont play this game.

<span id='postcolor'>

And if you like bombers, go play a flight sim.

(Edited by RedStorm at 7:02 pm on Oct. 27, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

NOW I KNOW YOUR ANAL RETENTIVE! Man grow up lol spend some time outdoors and stop freeking over a game like its your child lmfao.

You talking to me? Here I have a gift that will make you feel better: pips5.gif

you are a real nerd Redstorm.

Do you ever go outside ? or see the news?

stop saying the bronco is a bomber. give it some respect. the bronco was/is a FAC aircraft. it had some weapons to mark targets not for regular offence. plus its hard enough to fly the aircraft in this game without worrying about dropping bombs on targets you cant see.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Devildog815 on 8:26 pm on Oct. 28, 2001

stop saying the bronco is a bomber.  give it some respect.  the bronco was/is a FAC aircraft.  it had some weapons to mark targets not for regular offence.<span id='postcolor'>What do you suggest as a slow moving aircraft that can drop ordinance?  I know it's not a real bomber, but I think it's one of the only aircraft that can keep the game from getting out of hand.  I don't want aircrafts zooming buy over my heads at Mach 1+, so that's why I'm suggesting the Bronco as a substitute.  Or how about this A-6E Intruder?  But then again, there's no aircraft carrier to launch them, nor should there be any.  That's why I think the bronco would fit in nicely.

-=Die Alive=-

I dont suggest any bomber aircraft. Not because it wouldnt be cool but just because the concept of the bomber a/c is destroy as much as possible and if you did that then the game would not be any fun. I agree it would be a great thing to have but until they come up with a larger "battle area" (i didnt know what eles to call the islands) then they have no place in the game.

there's a massive destruction weapon there :

www.operationflashpoint.cz

in the "neo offici addons" section

download a anti tank missile pack and the weapon will be in one , they ask it the TAR

it's an infantry portative weapon , but you must stay at 1 kilometer far from your target , or you'll be f**ked

it can destroy every thing on the land/air/sea (houses and vegetation included)

excuse me sorry but i cannot tell which one it is....could you possibly tell me the exact name for this missle pack?

I'm glad you have corrected everyone about the Bronco, Devildog815, cause the idea of describing the Bronco as a bomber was a bit ridiculous. (Although they were great air support in SEAL Team) I am against the bomber idea - ever think why the A-10 and SU 25 were armed with missiles instead of up to about 18 500 pound Snakeyes? Thats 9 tonnes of High Explosive! Massive overkill. Drop that many bombs on a base or treeline and everything within 400 metres is going to be having a seriously bad day. Its just too unbalancing and takes too much away from the game which, at its heart, is meant to be a infantry simulator. Still, I'm sure when enough tools come out, people will make a bomber model/ add-on, but I dont think I will be using it.

I see many valid reasons for not including bombers in the game. I was wondering if there was any desire to see any more planes implemented at all. I for one would like to see some more Liason/Army Co-op aircraft. I am reminded of the L-5's and Cessna 172's that were used in the bush fighting of Central Africa. The planes carried two 57mm Rocket pods, 1 under each wing. Could an airplane such as that find its way onto everyone's "acceptable" l st?

I think those would be acceptable as it would be the same as helos but they never stop moving forward.

The main problem with aircraft is the size of the maps. An F-111 would be pointless since it moves too fast tobe usable in such a small playing area. There's no real decent airfields for larger craft (lets see you get a B-52 or a B-1 in the air from Malden or Everon). Most of the smaller craft used as bombers are multi-role supersonic fighters like the F-16, which again are useless due to thier high speeds. Really, there's only a few aircraft that could even remotely be usable as tactical bombers in the game, the A-10 already included, and possably the A-6 or the A-7. Still, bombing's not an easy task, and the mavericks are infinitely easier to use and probably more deadly because of this. Now a Hind with bombs (yes, the Hind can really carry bombs) would be a different story, since it's d*amn hard to miss when you can just hover over the target in your flying tank that can survive a direct hit from a Stinger missile. If you're worried about the deadliness of bombs, maybe you should consider the fact that most aircraft can already spray a full auto barrage of explosive rockets, and some of the Russian aircraft carry ALOT of rockets.

not on a small island it would no make the game fun "your unde fire your in a tank the fire stops and you hear a wistle that dreaded wistle BaNG your dead" not much fun is it?

Didn't they use hariers on the falklands island's.

those island's are small too but stil they bombed s**t with aicraft.

to hit a tank with one bomb is to difficult.

so i think you would be pretty save in a tank, cobra's and hind's are much more of a threat to a tank than a

plane with dumb bombs.

the problem with saying anything about the falklands or any other island campaign is they had the whole entire island chain to fly over to ine up. with this game you get one little island, and while technically you are right about hinds and cobras shooting a bunch of rockets its alot easier than modifying the game to make the avionic systems in new aircraft to be able to drop "dumb" bombs. they may be dumb but you still need a complex avoinics package to be able to identify the target, lock on said target, and get the computers to tell when to drop the bombs.

Ok some of you guys don't get what the f**k im talking about. All im saying is that it would be nice to have a small bomber that has like 4 or 5 bombs. not one that could destroy a whole base or take out a whole army. It would be nice because its hard enough trying to fire and fly su25 with out crashing in to the ground. And if you want to talk about cheap why don't you take out the chopers then. the mi17 f**k its got like 192 small rockets, d*amn that would take out a whole base, why don't you just add a bomber just for fun. and if you don't like it don't f**king fly it.

Dude, no offence but the OFP engine just isn't designed for aircraft.

yah I agree with you that this game isn't designed for aircrafts but sense they aready have them in the game you might as well put a bomber in it.

I have an idea. Just take away two mavericks on the A10 and replace em with bombs. smile.gif