Sign in to follow this  
Col.

Cook. American Big City

As I have said before ‘Col’ I know very little about Pc’s but I have used image capture a little before, this is what I do with my images..

Take a fraps screenshot, go to view it, open it with ‘Paint’ then immediately save it as jpeg, go into the jpeg you just saved by opening it with ‘Microsoft Office Picture Manager’ go to edit, then re-size, I always put 1900 x 1100, seems to be right save it on the way out and load it up to your image store. While you are in the Picture manager you can auto enhance it, helps re-light the pic if it is a little dark..

I have to say I don’t have a saving file size issue, but you could always reduce it again for smaller file sizes if you prefer after uploading..

I am not trying to teach you to ‘suck eggs’ if you understand the saying… just how I do it.. may be of help, may not..

Hope all’s well with your project..

Many thanks for the tip, man! I will use that next time I'll upload pictures :D

Many thanks for the tip, man! I will use that next time I'll upload pictures :D

Get a different program for saving a jpg (jpg, not jpeg), like Paint.Net. You'll preserve the quality of the image (Microsoft Paint lessens the quality of the image significantly). With Paint.Net, you can choose the quality of the image when you save it, kinda like GIMP with the slider. And Paint.Net will show you the approximate file size corresponding to the quality. Just don't use Microsoft Paint.

wow, nice city man!! keeping my eye's on this. keep up the great work.

would be nice to add to seattle downtown (take on heli) better ground texture and export it to arma2 :)

would be nice to add to seattle downtown (take on heli) better ground texture and export it to arma2 :)

Not gonna happen.

Just don't use Microsoft Paint.

Paint is a convenient converter for your images..

These impact enough for the subject.. un-altered just as Fraps Screenshot took the image, then converted from the source bitmap to a jpeg, in 'Paint'.

Out and about in Podagorsk

jpg or jpeg, aren't they the same?

Sorry 'Col' slightly off topic :j:

Edited by HR4 Elite

Paint is a convenient converter for your images..

These impact enough for the subject.. un-altered just as Fraps Screenshot took the image, then converted from the source bitmap to a jpeg, in 'Paint'.

Out and about in Podagorsk

jpg or jpeg, aren't they the same?

Sorry 'Col' slightly off topic :j:

There's some difference between jpeg and jpg. I know that jpg is used more than jpeg. And I do KNOW that Paint lowers the quality of jpegs and jpgs. I'm just trying to help Col. Paint.Net and GIMP are more useful for image conversion. And you can choose the quality of your image when converting. And they're both free. Check out Paint.Net anyway, Col. , just see how you like it. This coming from a guy who does a lot of image manipulation. And coming from a guy who actually does know something about PCs.

JPG's should not lose quality if saved back to the same file that was opened in an editing program. Of course i cant be sure about Paint, but generally it should not degrade.

Difference between jpeg and jpg?!?! OMG! There is no difference besides the filename ending. There was a time when files were only allowed names with 8+3 characters (8 for name, 3 for extension) and that's where the jpg is from.

Generally images should be worked on (cut/resize) before compression(=making it a jpeg)

Anyways - nice work on the map and models! Hope to see some release soon :)

Difference between jpeg and jpg?!?! OMG! There is no difference besides the filename ending. There was a time when files were only allowed names with 8+3 characters (8 for name, 3 for extension) and that's where the jpg is from.

Generally images should be worked on (cut/resize) before compression(=making it a jpeg)

Anyways - nice work on the map and models! Hope to see some release soon :)

Hey, newbie, that discussion is over. Did you really need to make an account just to post that? The main point is that there area clearly better free programs to use than Paint and which are much better at conversion. I know from experience with these programs.

which are much better at conversion.

Of course that should read ‘does the same job’.. lol

I know from experience with these programs.

:rolleyes: where's that 'e' gone..

Of course that should read ‘does the same job’.. lol

:rolleyes: where's that 'e' gone..

Higher quality vs. Lower quality. I think higher quality counts as a better job. Look, Col., you can stick with Paint if you want.Like I said, I'm just trying to help you out. To the rest of you, fuck off. Because I'm sure you consider Microsoft Paint to be on the same level as Adobe Photoshop. Fucking retards.

Higher quality vs. Lower quality. I think higher quality counts as a better job. Look, Col., you can stick with Paint if you want.Like I said, I'm just trying to help you out. To the rest of you, fuck off. Because I'm sure you consider Microsoft Paint to be on the same level as Adobe Photoshop. Fucking retards.

+2 infraction points for calling other members of this forum retards.

Well. This got a bit out of hand.. Well, thanks for the tips, guys.

Sidewalks dude. The place looks great but needs sidewalks. All the buildings just jut into the middle of the street. If you add a sidewalk or something to make sure the buildings are somewhat an even line and that the buildings don't obstruct the road.

You don't just drive down the street and have to turn out of the way because there is a house in the middle of the road.

Keep up the good work.

Sidewalks dude. The place looks great but needs sidewalks. All the buildings just jut into the middle of the street. If you add a sidewalk or something to make sure the buildings are somewhat an even line and that the buildings don't obstruct the road.

You don't just drive down the street and have to turn out of the way because there is a house in the middle of the road.

Keep up the good work.

There is lots of sidewalks.

There is lots of sidewalks.

Yep, hoping to walk down some of them soon… :D

cookyr.jpg

Black is because that area is fuck'd, needs fixes, don't want to show that street yet.

Hehe, it's growing.

And some more:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7492/arma2oa2011102019244538.png

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/arma2oa2011102016252990.png/

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9733/arma2oa2011102019261469.png

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7236/arma2oa2011102019265235.png

Best regards, Col.

(Haha, the buildning falling on the other is kinda MW3 inspired)

MGB Buildnings (YAY! Enterable buildnings, guys!) and AGB Buildnings is also used. They will be edited in the Credits list soon.

Edited by Col.

Is one of the buildings on the left collapsed against it's twin like in Cloverfield? I like it!

Edited by .Taffy

Is one of the buildings on the left collapsed against it's twin like in Cloverfield? I like it!

Yes! ^^

Looks really awesome, although you really need to take out the russian church and crosses, completely ruin the 'merican mood.

Love the pic with building crashed into another!

Many thanks. And btw on the "east coast" (ahaha, gangster names for the "minor" parts of the city) everything does loose abit of a american feeling, but same shit. This game is war, it will be thorn down like shit anyways!:D