Sign in to follow this  
bussinrounds

Ghost Recon 1 Players- Help me out

Ok, i'm looking to get back into the original Ghost Recon (playing co-op with a friend)

What mods should i be looking at here ?

Anyone ? There looks like there's alot of stuff for this gem. I'm looking at No Easy Day, Blood Oil., Frostbite.. Any suggestions ?

Centcom has great missions and so should be very good in coop and firefights in cooperation, though a bit more ressource intensive than vanilla due to the very high quality models.

Heroes Unleashed that is a gigantic compilation mod and feature hundred of missions and maps, certainly would be very good for MP coop sessions.

For a refreshing change when playing the original coop and firefights, you can try Mission HX, a random mission generator working on every maps.

You can find all of those and hundredmore into GR.net downloads section:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=14

Most mods may require the expansions, but if you don't have them there should be a few old ones for only the basic game. Mission HX works even without expansions.

Thanks for that info on the mods, that's the site I've been on actually. We were able to play some co-op together through tunngle, but I was getting some lag here and there. I tried turning all the graphics down to med, removing all the shadows, the affinity thing, so it only uses one core, but that didn't seem to work either. My specs are - processor amd athlon II X2 3.0ghz and 5 gigs ddr3 ram and a gtx 450 1gig video card. Any suggestions ?

What is your O/S?

Try running under XP compatible mode?

To be honest you might find more & better answers posting at GR net in the GR1 section of the forum maybe.

The newest Unofficial Expansion Pack is Rockall. I like it a lot. It use's Thumper's 7.62 weapons mod.

The best Weapon's mods are, IMHO, Prozac's M4 SOPMOD and M16A4Addon, Natsanwa's SCAR-pack, Earl's Standard Upgrade and Vympel.

You can always try some mods that bring skins and weapons altogether, like the USMC mod or the MVD Osnaz. The best skins mods, IMHO, are Eskwaad's (did I type it right?) Delta Force 1990s and Callmehobbes USSOCOM.

CENTCOM is really good also, but I don't like how some weapons are inacurrate (some fixes shall do, though).

If I get to get my copy of an older 3DSM, I shall start to mod Ghost Recon. I already have some models and I can pretty much do some basic skins.

PS.: Earl also do the weapons for Canadian Operatives 2 and Eskwaad also do the skins for Blood Oil and CENTCON.

Edited by [GR]Operative

What is your O/S?

Try running under XP compatible mode?

To be honest you might find more & better answers posting at GR net in the GR1 section of the forum maybe.

Yea, i tried that. And the O/S is windows 7 64-bit, btw.

I bought the gold edition from Amazon a few months ago and while I am enjoying it I find the enemy AI to be far too accurate and thus the friendly AI get knocked out by Ossetian rebels far too easily.

I know Heroes Unleashed tweaks the AI in this area but are there any small AI mods that simply tweak the AI accuracy so firefights aren't over so quickly?

I think this one should increase firefight duration as i remember weapons in the hands of AI to be more inaccurate :

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=60

Though i don't remember much more of it as it's been several years i have not played it.

Thanks for the link Sanctuary, sounds like the mod I need.

By the way, I cam across this site which has some mods by Sixpence.