Sign in to follow this  
R. Gerschwarzenge

Best cure for hangover.

I have now a little bit shaky feeling in my stomach because last night some weird demon in my head made me drink a couple of too many alcohol beverages. So give your favourite cure for hangover and save a moderator's life. I've already taken some painkillers and drank lots of water but they don't seem to work.

Edit: typo busting.

A girl that wakes up in your bed the morning after smile.gif

But otherwise Gimbal is right.. the second best cure is to get drunk again. Not very practical, but it works.

Otherwise my personal favourite is

samarin.jpg

It neutralises the acids in the stomach and eliminates pyrosis.

One word ,TOAST!!! We get back from going out drinking ,and the first thing my gf does is make toast....don't ask me how it works it just does smile.gif

Water only makes it worse. You need sugar. Or sugerwater. That helps. I don't want to explain completely why, but i'm sure Oligo knows why. In short

When drinking alcohol, a hormone is released which makes you piss and gives you a headache. When drinking water this is promoted, and gives you more headache. When eating/drinking sugar, an inhibitor of this hormone is released, which makes you not piss a lot, and you don't get a headache.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 31 2002,11:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A girl that wakes up in your bed the morning after smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I already tried that this morning but it didn't remove the whole hangover. smile.gif

A beer would do the trick but for some strange reason I can't drink at work. tounge.gif

best cure for hangover is

take one glass, put a little tomato ketchup in bottom, some pepper, a bit liver, a drop of whisky, raw egg mix together and ur sorted u will never drink again biggrin.gif

Go to the toilet, and put your finger in your throat. Eat a lot of biscuits, look at your mother in law, drink blood, go to bed, play flashpoint, go to the sea and smell the fresh air.

Agreed, getting drunk works. If that is not an option, you better restore fluids, get some salt into your system and get yourself occupied with something. If you are just sitting around vegetating you will never get out of it.

Drink a glass of lemonade before you go to bed. It always works for me. Maybe it's because of the sugar, like Gorgi said.

Ice cream, an energy drink and a walk out in the fresh air (city air is fresh? ya, right) seems to be quite effective. I'm back in the book of living now. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ May 31 2002,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ice cream, an energy drink and a walk out in the fresh air (city air is fresh? ya, right) seems to be quite effective. I'm back in the book of living now. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

For you, next time, try hair tonic.

If you don't have a Playstation equipped with Tekken,

then I can't figure anything.

When I have a hangover (like once in a year tounge.gif) I like

to close the curtains, order family size pizza, play

PS or watch some really shitty movies

( American Pie 2 will do, any Jackie Chan, Rockies ).

The best cure is prevention (end crappy health care slogan) smile.gif

But seriously: Drink as much water as you do alcoholic beverage during the evening. It always works for me.

Even if you have to piss twice as much, it beats the hangovers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ May 31 2002,01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So give your favourite cure for hangover and save a moderator's life.<span id='postcolor'>

not drinking

Anything with b5 vitamine will help. You can ask for pills in the chemist. Personaly, i just sleep 14 hours.

biggrin.gif

When you drink lots of alcohol your body gets drained of minerals and vitamins in addition to becoming slightly dehydrated, what makes you feel bad the other day.

Drink lots of mineral water, about 1-2 bottles after you woke up and have a normal breakfast.

Whenever you still have the consciousness to open and drink a bottle of mineral water before you go to bed, do it, you will feel better when you wake up.

BTW; avoid coffee, it only dehydrates your body even more and doesn´t help.

Well, I'll be sure to check out this thread some more tomorrow. I am going out with some friends which I always end up in a drinking binge with smile.gif

Just flood yourself with as much water as possible before you go to bed (not when you get up because the damage is already done then). This expands the contracted blood vessals in your brain and reduces pain. It really works (learned it in biology class and have put it to practice).

As far as I know sugar has nothing to do with it. The alcohol contracts the blood vessals in you brain <which causes the pain> and the most effective way to open them is with plain ol H2O.

LOTS of fluids. Water works really well, dont listen to that Georgi twonk! Gatorade works even better, as it helps your electrolyte balance. Avoid taking acetominophen (Tylenol) because if you've drunk enough, it can actually cause liver damage. EEK.

Best bet is to have a couple 1.5 litre bottles of water at home, and force yourself to drink them when you get home from your bender. And the b vitamins can help too. Next day... more fluids, a dark room, and then perhaps an aspirin for the headache.

And getting drunk again may help...but you're just putting off the problem not fixing it. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ May 31 2002,04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">get a beer, that's the only thing that works.<span id='postcolor'>

You guys are sick. When I have a bad hangover the last thing I want to smell/taste is more alcohol.

Though I gotta secret. If you take Vitamin C pills as you drink you pretty much eliminate any noticable "hangover". Take one, two or three pills during the drinking and you'll see. I got that tip from my dad's friend, he's a physician. Works for me, though he did mention it may not work for everyone.