Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Littlebird

"Mom, can we play with this little puppy before bed?"

btw, chopper is not mine. biggrin.gifScreenshot5.jpg

i cant remember which site it was on, on a german ofp site though. I couldnt make sense of the writing, but the pic was amazing.

I remember this.

This LittleBird is from Ofp Editing Center.

That looks so cool I think Im gonna shit my pants.

(3 minutes later)

*WHHOOOSSHHHH*

Man its like something outta that wet dream i had last night...erm yeah, but man this is freaking sweet, is it avalible for download?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ May 30 2002,19:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or Other Pics<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah looks like the unarmed MH-6J Little Bird Special Operations helicopter. The real thing actually seats 6 externally along with a pilot and one passenger in the front seat. Some versions also have a FLIR mounted on the nose as well as the brackets for mounting up to 2 motorcycles as well. They can also be equipped for fastrope insertions.

That would be VERY sweet for OFP. I already created a massive "Blackhawk Down" mission in which I used the Kiowa Warrior helicopters to simulate the MH-6 and AH-6 Little Birds. The AH-6 is the one with the rockets and miniguns.

The MH-6 carries 3 troops on either side.

But I'm not complaining if this addon only seats 4. That's cool with me. I just hope they also make an AH-6 with a rocket pod and a minigun to go with it. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ May 31 2002,03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I already created a massive "Blackhawk Down" mission in which I used the Kiowa Warrior helicopters to simulate the MH-6 and AH-6 Little Birds.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

where can we find this gem?

Oh, i just found out from the Breathe Forums that it is Kacey's model. he's got it ingame, but its still under development.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (elendil004 @ May 31 2002,05:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ May 31 2002,03:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I already created a massive "Blackhawk Down" mission in which I used the Kiowa Warrior helicopters to simulate the MH-6 and AH-6 Little Birds.  

Chris G.

where can we find this gem?<span id='postcolor'>

My "Blackhawk Down" mission is a big 14meg download that includes all the necessary addons. It can be found at:

http://nas1.timezone-warriors.net/ofp-blackhawk/

It follows the book very closely and uses rapelling scripts, and a script that mounts the M2 machine gun on the Humvees very realistically. It uses the Desert Malden addon and the SEB Delta Force addons. I made all the Somali civilians black and gave most of them Ak's. I also used the "Gimbal thrower" addon to simulate some of them throwing rocks and bottles at your soldiers. Oh...and I also use custom music, custom sound fx, custom radio voices, and also the tail rotor failure script. The only problem. The thing is very CPU intensive because I use alot of building objects to get more of a feeling that you're in Mogadishu. On some computers the movie outro doesn't play right also. Finally it has some incorrect information at the end that I need to fix. But other then that it's a very cool mission to play if you have a fast computer and it sticks fairly closely to the movie.

My other missions can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/dwimmerlaik2001/MilesTegMaps.html

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD

Okay since this is a little bird thread can anyone guess where this is from?

dfbhd4_ch.jpg

Dude, how did you get the .50's on the humvees? I wanna find a model with one on it.

Use de-pbo on it and look at the scripts(can't say much as i am downloading it right now). Wow, 14.1MB. I gotta see this

hehe, i could use it online, since it is small, it would probably be hard to hit. smile.gif Now... where is my spray paint, that makes every thing invisible. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UrbanMonkey @ June 01 2002,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dude, how did you get the .50's on the humvees?  I wanna find a model with one on it.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe...glad ya noticed that.  smile.gif  Actually it was pretty easy to do.  I just modified that script for getting soldiers to sit on the backs of tanks.  Like someone else said, if you de-pbo it you'll all the multitudes of scripts I used for this mission.  Also, there will be a new version soon which blows away the old version.  The new version will have the new MH60 Pavehawk addon that has both a refueling probe and radar on it.  Also I finally found the music from "Blackhawk Down" and I stuck the song "Bara Bara" in the intro.  I also found a camera script where the camera follows the vehicles.  With that I made a VERY cool simulating of the part of the movie where they arrest Mohamed Aidid's aid, where it shows those blackhaws flying low along side his car and they shoot out his engine.  I used the "flat-tire" script to simulate that.  There's a Kiowa Warrior that lands in the middle of the road to block the path.  The D-boys get out and put the civilians in the car into the blackhawk and they take off...which is where it begins the old intro.   The ending movie is now also fixed.

The only thing needed is a SP respawn script so I just reuse the same enemy units and not be forced to stick hordes of them into the mission which just slows down the CPU.  I'm not sure if that exhists but if it does someone let me know.  I tried one script like that but if the AI enemy dies, they respawn dead also.  sad.gif

Anyhoo the next version will kick ass!  Hopefully by the time it's ready for release the Little Bird addon will be out so I can replace the Kiowa Warrior's with it.  

If anyone knows where to get that script or if anyone has a Little Bird beta that they'd be willing to let me use in the mission, my email is at: chrisgie@txdirect.net  

Oh and finally here's a little snap shot from the new movie intro showing the MH60 Pavehawks swooping into to arrest that Aidid's aid.  A preview pic can be seen at my missions web site at:

Miles Teg's missions

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Remember Miles, when Task Force Ranger was in Somalia in 1993, they didn't have the blackhawks with all that new radar and probes and such. The front looked like the regular UH60 in OFP, except it was black. Anyways, I can't wait for your new thing to come out, even though I could play the first one(my comp wasnt good enough smile.gif) I can find some other music from the movie if you want it? I know barely anything about scripting, but I can help with the mission if you want. Email me at seanmi6@hotmail.com.

-----------------------------------------------------

[160th] UrbanMonkey, leader of the "OFP Nightstalkers"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 02 2002,17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UrbanMonkey @ June 01 2002,22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dude, how did you get the .50's on the humvees?  I wanna find a model with one on it.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe...glad ya noticed that.  smile.gif  Actually it was pretty easy to do.  I just modified that script for getting soldiers to sit on the backs of tanks.  Like someone else said, if you de-pbo it you'll all the multitudes of scripts I used for this mission.  Also, there will be a new version soon which blows away the old version.  The new version will have the new MH60 Pavehawk addon that has both a refueling probe and radar on it.  Also I finally found the music from "Blackhawk Down" and I stuck the song "Bara Bara" in the intro.  I also found a camera script where the camera follows the vehicles.  With that I made a VERY cool simulating of the part of the movie where they arrest Mohamed Aidid's aid, where it shows those blackhaws flying low along side his car and they shoot out his engine.  I used the "flat-tire" script to simulate that.  There's a Kiowa Warrior that lands in the middle of the road to block the path.  The D-boys get out and put the civilians in the car into the blackhawk and they take off...which is where it begins the old intro.   The ending movie is now also fixed.

The only thing needed is a SP respawn script so I just reuse the same enemy units and not be forced to stick hordes of them into the mission which just slows down the CPU.  I'm not sure if that exhists but if it does someone let me know.  I tried one script like that but if the AI enemy dies, they respawn dead also.  sad.gif

Anyhoo the next version will kick ass!  Hopefully by the time it's ready for release the Little Bird addon will be out so I can replace the Kiowa Warrior's with it.  

If anyone knows where to get that script or if anyone has a Little Bird beta that they'd be willing to let me use in the mission, my email is at: chrisgie@txdirect.net  

Oh and finally here's a little snap shot from the new movie intro showing the MH60 Pavehawks swooping into to arrest that Aidid's aid.  A preview pic can be seen at my missions web site at:

Miles Teg's missions

Chris G.

Hehehe saw the pic... looks like the black hawk i made.. is it the one from www.operation-flashpoint.dk?

any way if yes, nice to see it in action biggrin.gif

keep up the good work!

Hey, can someone tell me where can I find this script for getting the men on top of apc:s or tanks? That would be great for some chechnya conflict missions smile.gif