Sign in to follow this  
WingsOfDeath

Harrier GR.9 W.I.P

Recently I’ve been working on a Harrier GR.9 For Arma 2,

I thought I would post up Some Pictures of what I have so far.

Main Features:

New VTOL Syestem

New Texture

The Av-8b Model From BIS is used

New Ordnance

NOTE: NOT FINAL PRODUCT

vj69h597.jpg

arma2oa2011082019165186.jpg

fe6i5lew.jpg

:bounce3: :bounce3: :bounce3: :bounce3: :bounce3: :bounce3:

:coop::638:

Edited by WingsOfDeath

What kind of bombs are those? They look huge!

I think those are Enhanced Paveway or Paveway IV

What kind of bombs are those? They look huge!

Paveway 2 - 1000lb

laserguidedbombs.jpg

Edited by WingsOfDeath

Looks nice! will this one be able to actualy take off verticaly with the new vtol system??? cause i know you can adjust the nozles with flaps up and down when in autohover mode with analoge thrust but it still didnt gave you enough power to actualy take vertacly off like the f-35

Looks nice! will this one be able to actualy take off verticaly with the new vtol system??? cause i know you can adjust the nozles with flaps up and down when in autohover mode with analoge thrust but it still didnt gave you enough power to actualy take vertacly off like the f-35

in real life the harrier can take off vertically, but many factors affect it, from fuel load to payload, but in the version you will be able to take off vertically, until I figure out how to add a more complex system to handle the VTOL

is that the RKSL air weapons on that baby?

is that the RKSL air weapons on that baby?

Yep had some trouble with the postion of the bombs at first but i've improved it as much as i can :) :yay::yay:

I feel like i should tell you that you are creating the Sea Harrier FRS.2 at the moment and not the Harrier Gr.9. Having said sea harrier it could also be the Harrier Av.8b but the aircraft operated by the RAF and FAA has a completely different nose cone and radar.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=harrier+gr+9&hl=en&safe=off&gbv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=68DlcHM0FN1oWM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fast-air.co.uk/mach-loop-and-raf-cottesmore-photography-090421/&docid=RzCHdm_SVdj7TM&w=800&h=533&ei=PJtTTvStCcaq8QPt9eTuBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=846&vpy=348&dur=189&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=77&ty=178&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=236&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0

I feel like i should tell you that you are creating the Sea Harrier FRS.2 at the moment and not the Harrier Gr.9. Having said sea harrier it could also be the Harrier Av.8b but the aircraft operated by the RAF and FAA has a completely different nose cone and radar.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=harrier+gr+9&hl=en&safe=off&gbv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=68DlcHM0FN1oWM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fast-air.co.uk/mach-loop-and-raf-cottesmore-photography-090421/&docid=RzCHdm_SVdj7TM&w=800&h=533&ei=PJtTTvStCcaq8QPt9eTuBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=846&vpy=348&dur=189&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=77&ty=178&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=236&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0

I am aware of that but i can not change the model as it is based off the original AV-8B from BIS

Is it possible to see a photo sans massive contrast/compression?

Hope these can make their way into the VCB/16AA JOP, look like a decent start

That most certainly does not look like a Sea Harrier. The Sea Harrier (both FRS1 AND FA2) have added beams on the front of the widshield. Added to that, FRS1 had a conical radome with an antenna on top :

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/7/5/0689572.jpg

and the FA2's nose looked like this:

http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/aircraft/Harrier/SeaHarrier-FA2_RIAT2005_014_800.jpg

That most certainly does not look like a Sea Harrier. The Sea Harrier (both FRS1 AND FA2) have added beams on the front of the widshield. Added to that, FRS1 had a conical radome with an antenna on top :

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/7/5/0689572.jpg

and the FA2's nose looked like this:

http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/aircraft/Harrier/SeaHarrier-FA2_RIAT2005_014_800.jpg

So it's an AV8B with RAF roundels ;)

Pretty much, yah ; )

Except the paint job does look straight from the Falklands : P

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Looks great, always remember the first time I was close upto a Harrier, watching it come in then hover before shooting off again, nearly blew my ear drums out. If you can get the sound I heard that day, I best get new headphones….

Lovely work...

Looks great, always remember the first time I was close upto a Harrier, watching it come in then hover before shooting off again, nearly blew my ear drums out. If you can get the sound I heard that day, I best get new headphones….

Lovely work...

Get the HiFi Harrier sound mod, it's wonderfully loud ;)

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Hello Guys Harrier's Pritty Much Done i Shall be realising it Shortly. Any Questions I can answer for you guys? :)

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Is it possible to see a photo sans massive contrast/compression?

Hope these can make their way into the VCB/16AA JOP, look like a decent start

They should be in the Joint op When ever we get it working :)

arma2oa2011082611050548.jpg

They look smexy!

Can't wait to give them a spin.

I have to ask though sth about the stormshadows, have you been actually able to use GPS targeting on them?

They look smexy!

Can't wait to give them a spin.

I have to ask though sth about the stormshadows, have you been actually able to use GPS targeting on them?

I Recently Made the Choose to Remove the Storm Shadow's Since there Superly Over Powered! 1 Missile could take out a entre City and not so realistic in the way that the harrier would never carry them. I have replaced them with some other RKSL ordnance

I Recently Made the Choose to Remove the Storm Shadow's Since there Superly Over Powered! 1 Missile could take out a entre City and not so realistic in the way that the harrier would never carry them. I have replaced them with some other RKSL ordnance

Well actually the GR9/9A harrier could/would have carried the Stormshadow. It was part of the final capability upgrades being added just prior to the Harrier's premature withdrawal form service.

As for the RKSL Stormshadow, It uses the same values as the 1000lb LGB. Since thats the equivalent for the real warhead. It was never really intended to be used as a missile. Its just a place holder for something ... new. ;)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Please do not remove them. I went on the MMA thread yesterday to ask for a fix related with using MMA's GPS targeting system with the Stormshadow, which i'm happy to say Mandoble fixed quickly, providing a test version there (check the latest posts), so one could actually use them as cruise missiles.

Please do not remove them. I went on the MMA thread yesterday to ask for a fix related with using MMA's GPS targeting system with the Stormshadow, which i'm happy to say Mandoble fixed quickly, providing a test version there (check the latest posts), so one could actually use them as cruise missiles.

Ok i will make a seperate Class just for you with stormshadow's :)