Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Cliffs, abseiling and caves

Would love to see these three added. Abseiling down a steep rock face to get into a strategic position. And also one or two cave systems.

Underground constructions would be fancy.

Is absieling just fancy talk for sliding?:)

Just curios.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=nl&q=abseiling&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&biw=1920&bih=942&wrapid=tlif131336457493310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Anyway, i doubt that any climbing will be in. The only game that had real climbing that i can remember is Assasins Creed, and even that didnt work on mountains.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=nl&q=abseiling&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&biw=1920&bih=942&wrapid=tlif131336457493310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Anyway, i doubt that any climbing will be in. The only game that had real climbing that i can remember is Assasins Creed, and even that didnt work on mountains.

I dont think he meant climbing in the normal sense, abseiling is just walking up/down a wall with a rope attached.

Im not sure how many cliffs we'll see in A3, but seeing as every building is enterable then a bit of rainbow sixing it down a wall to see in a window would be cool, even just a grappling hook to descend or climb walls/onto roofs.

I was thinking mOre in terms of cliff face, real cliffs which you can't walk, slide down.

Hell I'd love the cliff just for running a Humvee off of the edge into a helicopter!

Would love to see these three added. Abseiling down a steep rock face to get into a strategic position. And also one or two cave systems.

you should be able to if u have the gear

its a good idea and like stoping on rope to shoot would be cool sccaling walls etc

Hell I'd love the cliff just for running a Humvee off of the edge into a helicopter!

you have watched James Bond didn't you? :P

I dont think he meant climbing in the normal sense, abseiling is just walking up/down a wall with a rope attached.

Im not sure how many cliffs we'll see in A3, but seeing as every building is enterable then a bit of rainbow sixing it down a wall to see in a window would be cool, even just a grappling hook to descend or climb walls/onto roofs.

I FULLY AGREE with you! its looking better! :bounce3:

A generic rope insertion procedure would suffice for both rope insertion and rappelling/abseiling yes?

on what BOTA said, imagine the physics engine kicking in after ramming a helo with a HMMWV in mid-air, I see new clans being created, along the lines of "Arma 3 Stunt Academy"

:)

Oh, now that we're here, how about a SPIE rig? :p

Or fast roping, if you prefer that...