Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

Ability to customize the physical characteristics of your player.

Modders will get their head around that one though.... can't wait for the ninja suits.

well there is this thing, which ive never fucking seen before in my life, thats pretty close.

b819100c-43912.jpg

i hope we can actually mix and match stuff and not be limited, though modders will fix that too probably, and i hope the vests and lbv's actually do something (like stop bullets and let you carry more ammo), the opfor lbv wouldnt stop anything, because there are no plates, which makes me think it will only be cosmetic as that would be unbalanced...

i hope the backpacks stay too

You guys are WAAAAAAAAAAY offtopic now. I didn't mean what they are wearing at all. I don't care about that. Customizing would be rather stupid because most of the time they are told what to wear and have not too much control over the variations. I don't want patches or crap like that.

What I was talking about is the physical features of their body, their height, weight (BMI), etc.

So basically I could look like this

(Edited in new picture to make a point.)

liposuction.jpg

:D

I think that this kind of a feature could be very good, and help the player become more recognizable. In game its kind of hard to tell who is who without names over their heads. So this could fix that problem for sure.

LoL, no. :D

But some things like face cammo and body armor types and kits might be a decent idea as long as mission makers can over ride client site selections.

The physical ingame appearance is really important to allot of gamers. Personally, apart for a easy access to proper face cammo, I dont really care how a look in a soldier game.

speaking of face camo, they look like crap, we need better ones (its hardly used now a days anyways)

This is not needed to identify friend from foe, its needed to identify who is john and who is sam in game. It's needed so you can identify your own teammates from each other. It would really make things much easier when you're trying to coordinate something with someone when you know what they look like in game. As of right now I have to have a name above the players head or remember any unique weapons a teammate is carrying to help me identify who it is. But with this, that would no longer be needed.

I think that soldiers that don't have desk jobs would be rather skinny and muscular, haircut is regulated, so it's identical for everybody. Combat armor hides most other features, so I guess that things that could be customizable would be limited to height (which also should be randomized on AI units, it's weird that everybody in 12 unit squad is the same height) and face. In full armor and with tactical glasses, it's even difficult to distinguish male from female (unless you know him/her, that is). Nametags and cutomizable attachment system should be enough to tell squadmates apart.

I'd like these features simply for a sense of diversity in all of the units. Making their height and BMI slightly randomized like their race. Also to help with creating characters in missions or cutscenes, if that's your thing.

Well, another feature that would make a huge difference would be various animation styles for different characters.

Look at the GTA4, every character (and I mean every single model) in the city has its own animation style.

That would be a huge step for ARMA with its otherwise robotic characters.

But I don't know if it is possible for the Virtual Reality engine.

Well, another feature that would make a huge difference would be various animation styles for different characters.

Look at the GTA4, every character (and I mean every single model) in the city has its own animation style.

That would be a huge step for ARMA with its otherwise robotic characters.

But I don't know if it is possible for the Virtual Reality engine.

So your saying different kind of walk / gait, different ways individual characters interact with the surroundings etc?

I can dig that!:)

I want to be able to choose the color of my lips, hair, eye color and the shape of my face just like in "The Sims", as well as social behaviour aspects that could effect the AI. Then lets rename the game in "The Arms" and build homes and bases by earning money in the war :D:rolleyes:

So your saying different kind of walk / gait, different ways individual characters interact with the surroundings etc?

I can dig that!:)

Yes, that is it.

Legislator;1994970']I want to be able to choose the color of my lips' date=' hair, eye color and the shape of my face just like in "The Sims", as well as social behaviour aspects that could effect the AI. Then lets rename the game in "The Arms" and build homes and bases by earning money in the war :D:rolleyes:[/quote']

:D

if this kind of custom is possible it will be awesome, but just like some people said, if there's some restriction on it and to not look like that

if this kind of custom is possible it will be awesome, but just like some people said, if there's some restriction on it and to not look like that

It's hugely ironic to post an image of a genuine soldier as evidence that ArmA3 shouldn't allow for it :D

IMO this is more or less the same topic as whether we should have females in ArmA3. In the end, it's down to different body types. I think different body types (within a set min/max) should be introduced.

Would be a nice feature, but with some limitations, because all of you kno! we dont want to play aside some weird fat ass skinny legs big head green guy

Would be a nice feature, but with some limitations, because all of you kno! we dont want to play aside some weird fat ass skinny legs big head green guy

Ah shit! Seeing this post after DM's made me visualise those rare males with wide hips who get stuck doing stand up at the Oyster bars.

You'r right. BIS go ahead, bring it on, just keep it clean.