Sign in to follow this  
Commonplace

Would you decrease detail for less lag?

What are you up to?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What are you up to?

• More features, Editor all the way
    • Less features, core mechanism, as less lag as possible

I just hope BIS doesn't listen to these morons, but keeps on doing what they always do. ;)

now are going the insults?

People do not expect to run at max, but they do expect to have it playable at some settings, problem with Arma 2 was there seemed little difference between low and max, it still ran poorly at lowest settings while games like crysis 1 pushed the max it still ran great on older machines when you turned down the settings.

While even now with hardware that came out after arma 2 it still doesnt run all that smoothly, your graphics card for example the 430gt came out more than year after arma 2.

Actually my bottleneck for arma 2 is my CPU... My GPU handles it fine... Also my GPU is a low end GPU... The only reason I bought it is there is certain things I do which needed the dx11 capabilities, otherwise I would of bought a 9800gtx as it is much better and same price. Basically what you said does not support your argument... As a low end GPU handles the game fine...

The graphics seem about the same, because you can only change post processing effects, aa, af, textures, and hdr... Most people here should be able to have af on max and textures on max... So you really only have three options to increase graphics... And those three options make a difference, but not as big as say shaders...

EDIT:

Forget you can also change resolution... Which obviously makes a difference in how it looks...

Hi, i'll remove the UV maps and the game will perform (im guessing based on the ArmA2) between three to five times better, aside of look better (to me) with just the colour maps; separate each graphic parameter will help the players to tune up their game up to their needs and wishes. That's an improvement. Let's C ya

Hi, i'll remove the UV maps and the game will perform (im guessing based on the ArmA2) between three to five times better, aside of look better (to me) with just the colour maps; separate each graphic parameter will help the players to tune up their game up to their needs and wishes. That's an improvement. Let's C ya

UV maps? Eh? If you remove the UV maps, nothing will have textures mapped to it.

Do you mean normal maps? Or specular maps? Or ambient shadow maps?

Wouldn't the textures still be applied on the system..just not look worth a damn?

Where on the poll does it say; No, I will just buy better hardware instead of being a miserly git who holds back progress.

Stick with ArmA 2 or even ArmA 1 if you don't want to see detail increased on ArmA 3.

Let's C ya

You add that to the end of EVERY post you make and it doesn't make sense. I have no clue what you are trying to convey with that phrase.

Screw optimization. My computer always do need a good test every once and a while.

More Detail and More Lag Please!!!

Yep, more detail and more lag plz! We'll, you may minimize the lag...

Let the world evolve again :)

I'd say allow a more robust Options menu to disable more stuff, so that the people who can handle every feature can play with every feature, and so that the people who can't can drop the unnecessary, non-gamebreaking features so that they can also enjoy the game. In other words, allow the player to change more things in the in-game options menu so that players don't have to go to the ArmA3.cfg file (which I expect it will be named) to change stuff. That'd be the most ideal solution.

The only thing that can reduce in detail is graphics:p