Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

Take on Helicopters: Social Media pictures

Very nice read. And Im happy animations get the love they deserve!

Thanks this is great news! :bounce3:

*screaming animations*.. finally i get to hear the screams of appreciation at another failed autorotation.:p

Interesting devblog, thanks.

;2024911']I must admit that the coastline took the most of my attention. It looks really great.

I also admire it and todays picture from dev blog looks great and these clouds are again impressive.

Will beta include this new animations (get in/out)?

Edited by BoboCZ

The dev blog was a good read and those pics are sweet. *pats the dev team on their backs* :)

Edited by Maio

I'd shit my pants if suddenly Godzilla turns around the next skyscraper and tried to grab my chopper.

BAD KITTEH, BAD KITTEH!

hvTIyhtji_Q

I'd shit my pants if suddenly Godzilla turns around the next skyscraper and tried to grab my chopper.

Maybe its foretaste of the future thing.

• Yes, we have a bird nest on our list of things to model.

Be warned, however, its priority falls somewhere between "fully operational gauges" and "wouldn't it be nice to model a full-size Godzilla?"

devs list:

bird nest ... check

............... check

devs are now bored

............... check

last item

godzilla ...... :D

Wishful thinking, but it would give game credit to simulator community. :D

Why is one of the heavy copters titled Marine 1?

I don't want to be the one to fly the president.

Also: Tiger striped MD-500? ^^ :D

I... it looks sassy :p

Also: Tiger striped MD-500? ^^ :D

Hope it comes with Tiger skin furry dice hanging from the thermometer in the cockpit.

Completely possible using the rope slings coding I would imagine. :D

Part of our work has been to look at ways to encourage editing your own missions in Take On, and easing new users into the experience!

To that end, we've made a few visual and technical refinements to our 2D editor (and incorporated some of the features already mentioned), and plan to back up this sterling work by providing some easy-access sample missions!

hmm i see no "slingload whale" marker :eek:

:D

I have already had good use out of that debug console for fixing an issue with nvidia surround, the new editor update looks pretty good too.

Will we have a heli powerful enough to lift that whale?

New picture from Editor: http://takeonthegame.com/social-media/?pid=111

Looks easy and friendly.

I have a question for developer:

1/ it will be possibility tu use models of people in this editor and missions (for dialogs f.ex.)?

2/ it will be possibility to conect all missions in one career mode?

1/ it will be possibility tu use models of people in this editor and missions (for dialogs f.ex.)?

If you're asking whether you'll be able to place not just helicopters, but also characters (or cars, tanks, dogs, ...), they yes, it's possible. It's already possible in preview version.

But if you mean having model preview in unit selection (F1) menu, then I'm afraid it won't be there. Yet ;)

2/ it will be possibility to conect all missions in one career mode?

All official missions are already part the campaign, with returning back to heliport between missions.

However, heliport status (owned helicopters and their upgrades, finished missions, bank account, ...) is stored persistently and any mission outside of campaign structure will be able to access it - including community ones.

Imagine creating simple scenario and just by including "Heliport" module, you'll give anyone chance to play it with their own helicopters and earn money by completing it.

If you're asking whether you'll be able to place not just helicopters, but also characters (or cars, tanks, dogs, ...), they yes, it's possible. It's already possible in preview version.

But if you mean having model preview in unit selection (F1) menu, then I'm afraid it won't be there. Yet ;)

Well then I have one thing to say...

Z9rD4Paq0zE

Good read. It's a shame I won't be able to play it until next summer.