Sign in to follow this  
amos m

The optics cam on the oh-58

Tell me, on your copy of the game, on your computer, is the optics cam on the oh-58 a sphere? Cause on mine it's just three intersecting circles, and I've seen a screen shot of it where it looks more like a proper sphere.

Is mine displaying properly?

Start by moving the Visual Quality slider to the right. If that doesn't yield a proper mast-mounted targeting/sensor pod, try reducing the setting of the Frame Rate slider.

Yah. I got an athlon 1700(1.5), 256m ram, win xp, and my vid card is a 32m GeForce2 mx400, with the latest drivers. I have the detail and frame rate set at max and using a resolution of 1024*768. Reducing the framerate slider does nothing.

I was thinking that maybe it is the vid card before i made this post, but thought I might check to see what other ppl think.

Stupid question I know...

... but can I use the optics cam as pilot, when how?

The "V"-button does not work. confused.gif

Isn't that "ball" used for laser targetting?

Thought there was some kind of "periscope" like submarines use on top of that heli to look through... confused.gif

The gunner uses it for Laser Targeting, but it is also nice for observation, since ther is a rather powerfull binocular built into it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and my vid card is a 32m GeForce2 mx400, <span id='postcolor'>

It's problably that.I have a Geforce 2 Go 32MB on my laptop, and it looks like a box, but with my Geforce 2Ultra 64MB, it looks like a perfect ball.

OK. thanx skulls.

Although I am still left to make a decision, Geforce 4, or Audigy with front panel.

Hmm.....

Wait, I've got a GeForce 2 Mx/Mx400 too, and it's working fine for me! So don't go buy a very expansive 3D card just yet! Test around with the 3d settings first!

Anyone got any suggestions?

Be shure to get some thing with 64MB.I would have gotten a 64MB Geforce 2 card for my laptop IF there was one, but there wasnt.So i got 32MB 4xAGP DDR sdram for my laptop.But my desktop, has a 64MB Geforce 2Ultra 4xAGP,DDR sdram, plus alot more features, and there is a BIG diffrents.

So bottom line, GET 64MB video card or 128MB. smile.gif

I don't think any laptops have regular GeForce2 chips in them, they are all mobile versions which consume less power, but also offer less performance. The performance difference you are experiencing is not the result of the extra on-board memory of the GeForce2 Ultra.