Sign in to follow this  
purepassion

How the new dimension water can be used [Ideas & Concepts]

Good idea! But dont forget SpecOps trained dolphins and squids :)

I am a Special Forces Dolphin, and I agree with that comment.

I am a Special Forces Dolphin, and I agree with that comment.

If you are a SF Dolphin then you can translate this: ____...__/\....___---...._--[...]...

I want friggin' sharks with friggin' laser beams attached to their head!

Other than that, it's interesting to read your ideas guys, and I tend to agree with Zacho: those grenade launchers would be a cooler addition IMHO.

it could be very good! hopefully they don't spend too much time in it! more interested in flight model etc!

i just want a automatic server mods downloader so we can join every server, without downloading the mods manually!

Cows with guns, chicken with choppers, the only thing we miss is sharks with laserz :D

Cows with guns, chicken with choppers, the only thing we miss is glowing sharks with laserz :D

There, fixed it for you. :yay:

So if you have other aspects in your mind or ideas where in particular you see this potential, let me know

Yes, the new dimension of water. The potential is huge !

"The present focus, however, is on maritime assets supporting the ground force – but much more is possible, if a few new key features are implemented." VBS2 Maritime Discussion Paper

VBS2_Maritime_Discussion_Paper-23_1.jpg

VBS2_Maritime_Discussion_Paper-15_1.jpg

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

This quote popped out at me.

"VBS2Fusion is a full-featured API that allows external applications to interface with VBS2 through access

functions. For example, VBS2 may be connected to an external radar simulator, a weather server, an

external physical ship model or any other program that needs to receive data from or send data to VBS2."

Don't know if ArmA 3 has access to that but it could be used to make "reality based" scenarios taking data from real ship positions. Reminds me of some mobile phone games.

ArmA 2 had some naval abilities that have been exploited by some developers (Gnat comes to mind). But there have been some limitations. I'm very excited to see Bohemia developing new water/ocean capabilities. The underwater scuba element is covered in their document VBS2 Maritime Discussion Paper so maybe we will find some of the other developments mentioned in that document in ArmA 3. Even if they are not in campaign scenarios then hopefully they will be accessible to modders. Such things as full ocean simulation ... large waves, storms, gales? Ship roll physics dependent on ocean conditions (seasickness pills anyone?). Ocean currents. What about proper naval charts that match the mapping accuracy of the land maps ? Civilian search and rescue ? Lifeboats and Seaking heli's ? Anyone watch the rescue TV series ? Fog ? Maritime AI ? Full scale submarine warfare is going to possible judging by the scuba / sub elements in already revealed for ArmA 3. But it would be nice to see some bigger ships and bridge simulations that can use some kind of ability to walk on decks and land helicopters on decks of moving ships.