Sign in to follow this  
msy

Will bullet be able to penetrate multi-person or corpes be shot again?

I don't mean every type of bullet, but for some heavy calibre bullets such as .50BMG bullet or magnum bullet etc. it may be able to penetrate one person's body and still have enough lethality. Can we use one bullet to kill two or more enemies?

And after using ragdoll will the dead body be just a visual air shape? Or will the dead body can be shot again like what in OFP\ARMA\ARMA2?

Will bodies become stiff with rigor mortis several hours after death and eventually bloat and decay? Joking.

I doubt that they'll change the dead body physical properties from ARMA 2. The amount of times a dead body has saved me from fire and provided better cover in an open area I do not know

I don't mean every type of bullet, but for some heavy calibre bullets such as .50BMG bullet or magnum bullet etc. it may be able to penetrate one person's body and still have enough lethality. Can we use one bullet to kill two or more enemies?

And after using ragdoll will the dead body be just a visual air shape? Or will the dead body can be shot again like what in OFP\ARMA\ARMA2?

msy, If you've seen the video about "Wound Ballistic" (创伤弹é“å­¦), the penetration can not just cause with high-caliber bullets, but also small size one. That because the bullet casing is made with entirely covered copper, which we call Full-metal Jacket (FMJ). These bullets can penetrate with very less energy transfer when entering the body. The multi-person penetration is highly possible with it.

As body armour (armor for Americans) is designed to spread out the force and try to remove it. I'd like to see a double penetration actually being possible going through 3 layers (entry, exit, entry) of armour and flesh

Hi,

0:46

Hehe, that would be fun to see in Arma 3

Each time a head explodes, an arm or a leg torn off, think it's you...

I don't think it's... ''cool'' and I don't think that will be needed in a video game.

Just my opinion,

-Luc-

it wont be possible if they model infantry body armor correctly

...or at least better simulation than they do now

Hi,

Each time a head explodes, an arm or a leg torn off, think it's you...

I don't think it's... ''cool'' and I don't think that will be needed in a video game.

Just my opinion,

-Luc-

He meant the part where the .50 BMG went through two people...

It should be implemented. Rock solid, 10 inch solid steel bodies are a joke. Why would you make a dead body impenetrable?

It would have to take into account body armor, body size, caliber of bullet, distance to body, and type of bullet. I don't think I left anything out did I?

Or just to make things simple, 12.7mm penetrates all bodies, anything smaller is stopped by body armor. Typical effects on velocity and heading apply.

No need to go any deeper into than that for gameplay purposes, and there aren't hollowpoints in this game anyways. (And you could just config them like pellets, which don't penetrate in the engine)

Will bodies become stiff with rigor mortis several hours after death and eventually bloat and decay? Joking.

They certainly make convenient sandbags!

I doubt all units will be armoured... especially guerrilla. And if so then velocity (distance), calibre (ammunition type, some kind of penetrator bonus) and body armour type will do. It's basic and will have flaws but meh...