Sign in to follow this  
danny96

Will you buy ARMAIII?

Will you buy ARMA III?  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy ARMA III?

• Of course and even all DLC's & Expansions for It!
    • Yes I will!
    • I don't know I want to see more informations about It first
    • No!

I'll certainly buy A3 and probably all of the DLC.

I got turned onto ArmaII after playing FPDR and it's one of the couple of games that has permanent residence on my machine.

The mind boggling scope and complexity of the stock game has kept me coming back to it, time and time again. And if I fancy something different from the stock game then I just need to install any of the astonishing amount of high quality missions, campaigns, islands, mods, addons etc there are.

I can lose hours just messing around in the editor nevermind acutally "playing" the game. Add to that the great developer support and what is not to like about it.

Sure it has it's issues, some more frustrating than others, but on the whole it's pretty damn fine. The positives far outweigh the negatives

I can't think of another game in the military genre that comes anywhere close to meeting the breadth of game/sim experience that ArmaII/OA etc offers.

All of the pretenders bar none have been weighed, measured and found wanting.

As A3 has lot's of new funky stuff in addition to whats already there, then for me it's a real no brainer. I know it'll be fun at release, there will be great developer support and within no time a ton of mods and other fun stuff will be appear.

I'm also looking forward to ToH and Carrier Command ( ah, which reminds me of those halcyon days of the Amiga ) for more or less the same reasons as above.

I feel i'm a bit to old to be a fanboi, but am I enthusiastic about A3 and it's developers, damn right.

Oo look, it's lamb for dinner, yummy. :yay:

Well, my PC is playing Arma 2 so poorly it has begun to be unacceptable for me, so that's the other reason I'm upgrading now rather than later.

Yup good reason,

myself is buying a new computer to play arma 2 since my last one died :(

but i know people who are actually spending thousands on a computer to play arma 3, would it not make more sence for them to buy/build a cheaper computer for now, then upgrade when the game is reasled?

Shit..you shouldn't need to spend thousands anyways. I have a future build planned up (I've been intending on building in 2011/2012 anyways) that is only gonna cost me just under $1100, and that's just because I insist on a couple of pricier components, I could easily go cheaper, though I intend to use this for editing as well as gaming (and slave out my old pc to assist in this, damn my expensive hobbies). Also I have quite a few extra parts lying around that will be used (like the gpu). If you already have a pc, even a dead one, scavenge those spare parts that still work, and add them to the new build, and decide that if what you want is really worth replacing a well working harddrive, or a powersupply that is still within spec of what you are going to build and isn't billowing out smoke (true story from about friend's pc lol).

Depends how many upgrades ArmA3 will offer when compared to ArmA2.

Price of a game itself is nothing, but a new PC isn't, especially since I don't really play games that would require powerful rig. In fact, in last 2 years I bought only 2 games: ArmA2+OA and Fallout:NV.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really mind paying 50-80$ for a game and 1000-1500$ for a new PC if ArmA3 will offer a significant quality jump in gameplay experience like between Armed Assault and ArmA2+OA.

And I think it's possible. Just introducing armor/penetration values alone, would allow to increase both realism and fun A LOT.

But if it will be just unfinished game with new graphics, crappy perfomace, mountain of bugs, unbalanced sides with randomly given gear and hardly playable missions like Armed Assault, answer is "maybe", at best.

More likely I'll play ArmA2 as I did play OFP after medicore Armed Assault.

I'm one of those in the wait and see basket.

Judging on past performance I will buy it.

But then, I don't make my decisions based on past performance.

The factors I expect to be bearing in mind at the time, will be do I have the time in my life to play it... do I have the money free, is it good value for that money?

The chances of me buying it close to release day, based on past performance are very slim indeed. But then I don't make these decisions on past performance.

So we will have to see.

But if it will be just unfinished game with new graphics, crappy perfomace, mountain of bugs, unbalanced sides with randomly given gear and hardly playable missions like Armed Assault, answer is "maybe", at best.

More likely I'll play ArmA2 as I did play OFP after medicore Armed Assault.

That's what I did and will do too.

I really hope that what Buchta said in the recent interview will be achieved - then it's a sure buy.