Sign in to follow this  
EnGhedi

[Answered] Error playing Arma II - TRIED EVERYTHING

Hi,

I have a bootcamp Mac running Windows 7 32. It's Intel Core I7 mobile with 4 Gb of Ram and a nice Nvidia graphics card.

Never had any problems until I ordered Operation Arrowhead from Amazon.

It installs correctly but each time I try to run the game I get an error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)"

I got all updates, even for the patch for OA. I even disabled Norton both on installation and on running. I tried running in compatibility mode on Windows XP and Windows Vista... What gives? I sent an email to Bohemia Support and got NO REPLY. I am considering returning this to Amazon since I can't make it work...

Edited by Dwarden

I got the latest DirectX

As for the rpt file, I searched the %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA and there's no such folder there... perhaps because I was never able to play the game...

I did. I even messed with permissions and registrty stuff. No luck. This is just stupid. AOA is the only game I have that returns this error.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

The worst part of this was seeing that my emails were ignored by your support and that I have a useless game that no one seems to care to solve or even knows how to... Getting a bit aggravated since I bought this game. Perhaps if I just get the cracked torrent I would be playing the game... talk about irony, huh...

Perhaps if I just get the cracked torrent I would be playing the game... talk about irony, huh...

That's not a good thing to say if you wanna some support here.

Try putting yourself in my shoes:

I support the industry by buying games. I get a faulty game and miss warranty by hoping bohemia can help me in my issue. I get no replies whatsoever. I search the web and mess my head trying to solve this since BI doesn't seem to care. Meanwhile I have a useless box at home of a game I really wanted to play.

I look around and see all these torrents flowing the web and people saying the game's good and all. What do you feel?

You would feel that supporting companies might pay if they helped you but when they do not, you can't help but feel you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

And your words, ProfTournesol, I understand them, I can't however feel moved since I get no support anyway... so...

Try putting yourself in my shoes:

I support the industry by buying games. I get a faulty game and miss warranty by hoping bohemia can help me in my issue. I get no replies whatsoever. I search the web and mess my head trying to solve this since BI doesn't seem to care. Meanwhile I have a useless box at home of a game I really wanted to play.

I look around and see all these torrents flowing the web and people saying the game's good and all. What do you feel?

You would feel that supporting companies might pay if they helped you but when they do not, you can't help but feel you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

And your words, ProfTournesol, I understand them, I can't however feel moved since I get no support anyway... so...

You'll surely get some support here. Contact Dwarden for example. Any errors during install ?

No errors at all. It just doesn't start up.

I just tested the game on my old PC with windows XP and it works. So it's not a faulty copy.

EnGhedi first person to talk to would be amazon support. Most likely they wont have a clue,

yet that's how it works.

Second you can try BI support, yet obviously it has been weekend and a holiday.

People are not working on these days over here in Europe. :)

A torrent will not help you either.

I don't want to be redirected to the same places I've been before. I wanted to have proper support to get the game working. I am not nagging to get attention, I want the game running to fire some rounds...

I feel your pain buddy.

Contact Dwarden on the forums here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=23627

that link is to his profile, send him a pm and put a link to your post so he has an idea of whats going on, he may be able to help you.

You have a mac? that OS might not be supported.

and what Nvidia card do you have?

System requirements for OA

Minimum Recommended

Windows

Operating system Windows XP or higher

CPU Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Memory 1 GB 2 GB

Hard drive space 9 GB of free space

Graphics hardware Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM

I would suggest returning OA, getting Arma2CO (Combined Ops) As it has Arma2 and OA together for the same price I believe, and get it from sprocket.

But if you dont meet the OS system requirements its not going to work, cant say for sure or know if it works on a mac or not.

I have a BOOTCAMP Mac running Windows 7. My system tops that by far. And like I said I have other games running fine.

pleas post your mac's configuration in full (CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD).

what is your antivirus software you use on the bootcamp partition?

try running as administrator (even if you are on an admin account)

make sure you got the latest DX9 redist

Edited by PuFu

MS Windows 7 32 Bit

Intel Core i7 2.66

4Gb Ram DDR3

Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

145 Gb available

Running Norton Internet Security 2011 updated, disabled during instalation and running the game, problem persists.

DirectX 11 installed (stardard to Windows 7) and updated to latest build.

Like I said, specs aren't the problem.

GT 330M is not a gaming card, far from it. I have the same one on my toshiba qosmio, and while being able to play stuff like Assasin Creed and some other games pretty smoothly, A2 is killing it.

Anyways, your game should be starting either way.

get the latest DX 9.0c version here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109

But isn't it supposed to run using DX11? I'll try it anyway.

no, A2 works on DX9 only. The fact that win7 is a DX11 environment, has nothing to do with the engine the game was designed for

Two words. That link you supplied doesn't install due to an "internal error". I did however run the latest web installed that also didn't install saying I already had the latest version of dll's...

Any other suggestions are welcomed...

i'm sorry i am out of ideas...but it is obvious that the problem is on your end..

Edited by PuFu

Getting into the 'eh, why not' section of the troubleshooting flowchart, but..

-Have you updated your audio or video drivers? If so, maybe search for your current driver version and Arma, see if anyone has problems with the same version.

-Any other security/firewall/memory editing or otherwise unusual programs running the background (other than Norton)? Anything unusual about your setup otherwise (uncommon peripherals/drivers) or any major modifications to your Win7 installation?

There has to be something different or missing somewhere. I know a few people that have no problem running Arma on a Mac. Bootcamp can be bit strange sometimes though. It should be just like any old PC, and for the most part it is, but I've run into a few rather odd problems with it.

Hi i run this game well on a mac under boot camp.

Make sure u have all the drivers installed for windows don't use the bootcamp drivers!! especially for the graphics card download from Nvdia.

Do u have ssd drive? when u install windows on a mac because there is no bios u can't select the correct drivers for the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers so windows loads the default Sata drivers which will make your hard drive access slow.There is a fix for this at insanely mac but will require a new installation of windows with a tweaked installer.

Good luck keep trying !!!!It is worth it.

It's getting frustrating now. It's been 15 days trying this, I sent that PM do Dwarden and so far only you guys replied and no one from BI...

I am sure this is something related to my specific system. I know the copy is ok, but I can't go around this issue.

I see that other bootcampers play the game, so it's not rig related. I can only assume it's drivers or something. Strangely enough I read around the web and found some people complaining the very same issue with other cracked games... and that's odd... Could my copy have some sort of code that Windows is blocking? Copy protection or something?

I play so many games in my system, from COD to OFPDR and OFPRR, MoH, Bad Company 2, all demanding games, never had an issue...

One last resort... I am going to download the Demo from Steam... we'll see what happens...

like vohk said, try downloading a recent driver, if you dont care about 100% brightness all the time you can install the latest nvidia driver by adding your chip to some text document.

Also, update directx 9, windows 7 has dx11 but that doesnt mean 9 insn't in there and still receives updates sometimes.

and maybe try running it as admin. sometimes that helps. Winxp/vista compatibility modes have never helped for me, so dont bother.