Sign in to follow this  
DZR_Mikhail

ANTI-Chat (Disable chat ingame)

Simple addon with only one config which relocates chat to invisible part of the screen.

Chat is available everywhere before the mission start.

After respawn you can type and switch channels but none can see your messages. They're shown off screen.

Handy way for RPG game admins to force people to use Radios and stop chatting from unrealistic distances and spoil storyline intel in public channel.

LATEST version DOWNLOAD (signed)

P.s. I'm not the author. I only took lines of code from Tushino Radio addon (tuts3) and made a simple config with this resource changes and packed to pbo.

Edited by zvukoper
signed

This an excellent mod. Ill be testing it soon as i get home.

This mod would be excellent for our clan considering the amount of crap that gets said during our Sunday Operation, (mainly said by myself) As it ruins youtube videos.

Good stuff. We will most likely resign this internally for our group, to sign your own files you need DSCreateKey and DSSIgnFile.

The easiest way is to grab binPbo from here - ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/Tools/BI_Editing_Tools.zip

You then need to make a privateKey (don't release this) which you use via binPbo options as your signature file.

DSCreateKey - http://www.armaholic.com/paga.php?id=2065

Edited by rexehuk

will players that acidentally press the chat button _ suddenly realise in a combat situation that they cannot move because they are "typing in chat"?

I asume yes by what you have said, so players using this should disable the chat key or is it automatic?

Thanks rexehuk. I'll try to sign.

Demonized, yes. They will be able to type. But no problem here. Input line is visible at the right place. So you'll see that you're in the chat line. Mod only removes the messages off screen, not input chat.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Ok. Thanks to rexehuk. Now it's signed.

This is a pure clientside UI tweak.

You must ensure every player has this pbo installed as an addon. If you install this only for yourself - the chat will be disabled only for you. Everyone else will be chatting freely.

As an addon maker or squad server admin you can also unpack pbo and use the config contents in your config for your squad custom addon.

Please could you create a scroll wheel option to disable or enable the chat. So we can do it on the fly?

Basically so people running fraps can record with retardation during videos.

But can still have the functionality of the chat.

Sorry guys, but this feature is totally created using configs and as far as I know configs are loaded and compiled on game start and cannot be changed.

If we could do such manipulations after game launches, sigh, we could do really amazing stuff in modding.

clearRadio should clear all (radio) chat.

You only need to run it in a tight loop.

hey, noob here, how do I install this mod for use with a steam version of combined ops? (for use with Day Z - can't get immersed with a quarter of the screen coated in text)

most likely wont work as most server limit addon use. Best to contact the dayZ devs itself on their site to add the option to disable chat.

Yep, contact server admin and ask them to allow this addon on the server. You can look at any armaholic.com addon description to find instructions to install addons. I.m from cellphone and cant give direct link.

I think Ill add instructions and repack addon with required folders

+1 on first post by DuddBudda ...

I've always wonder how a sim does not have any optional ticket to disable these console like bla bla...

Anytime I see bla ble I can't avoid to think that arma series are just a first/third person shooter whithout jump bar space hahahaha

cheers!

Addon will need to be introduced officially with DayZ, server operators cannot just add it. Hopefully the Devs pick it up.

Is it possible for Administrators who are logged in to send messages?

Or is there anything like that, which will disable chat for players, but once an Administrator log's in and sends a message, everyone can still see it? (Basically for helping new people to work their way around etc)

This should now all be sorted by the newest beta patch, where mission makers can add disableChannel and there will be nothing shown! Well done BIS !

This should now all be sorted by the newest beta patch, where mission makers can add disableChannel and there will be nothing shown! Well done BIS !

using isPlayer, how would I use disableChannel to disable for players, whilst isAdmin will allow logged in admins to chat whilst players can see that chat.