Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Co20 F-14 Tomcat Carrier Operations

562e488623d24379c4f43ccb6f8b490826deebd29fc8efbf5b4a60d9ab3a6ad36g.jpg

NEW VERSION 1.1 !!!

Hi all, me again..:)

This time we would like to share with you a different version of our "Air War" Series MP Mission in the FPS friendly and Large 50x50klm "Necro" Terrain by "Coward_Heart".

This variation of the Air War missions utilises the U.S.N. Nimitz Aircraft Carrier by "Jdog".

On deck is the Ikar Navy F-14 Tomcat addon.

This MP mission is based around teamwork between Airborne Strike units and Marine Force Recon units.The airborne units have numerous targets to destroy.SF units will assist in "lasing" some of the more diffficult targets for the airborne units such as ZU-23 AA guns that aircraft cant "lock on" to.

All feedback is welcome thru the "Co20 F-14 Tomcat Carrier Operations" thread on the Bis Forums.

Here's a Description -

- Game Required -

- ARMA2 Combined Operations

- Theatre -

- Necro Island.

- Objective -

There are 2 main area's to neutralize in order to make way for the Invasion in 36 hours time.

We must destroy all airborne aircraft at the same time as taking down all anti-aircraft weapon systems.Once air-superiority has been achieved there are Armoured units based around two main areas that must be destroyed before the infantry Assualt can proceed.Once most, if not all threats from the ground and the air have been neutralised there is Hangers,Comms Towers,fuel storage cylinders,Ammo dumps,Headquaters buildings,Radar Towers to be destroyed for mission success.

Good luck airmen and women.

- Intel -

- Estimated Enemy Strength- Strong.Fighter Aircraft,Helicopter Gunships,Tanks,Armoured personnel Carriers, Anti-Aircraft Vehicles ,Surface to Air Missile Units (SAM's) and Infantry Units.

- Features -

- Base Respawn.

- Increase or Decrease your viewdistance and Terrain Detail During Mission.

- Vehicle Respawn.

- Credits -

- Mission By ANZACSAS Ron and Steve.

- The Excellent Universal Crate Filler 1.0 And Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.4 by Tophe of Östgöta Ops.

- The very Cool On-the-fly GFX Changer Scripts/UI by Deadfast.

- Addon/s Required -

- Necro Island.

- 3LB SA6.

- Jdg_carrier.

- Ikar_f14_ir.

The link-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3b84xt66gq02k56/Co20%20F-14%20Tomcat%20Carrier%20Operations%20%20Necro%20island%20MP%20Mission%20ARMA2%20V1.1.zip

1941f6f7d4ff16fea18ca593b311b808b1d6744bf08d2f2faa32084393b7f22c6g.jpg

Have Fun.

Steve.

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

You have some cool lookin missions going Steve, just wishin they were SP ;)

GJ

Hi m8,

The missions are only cool cos of the cool addonmakers making cool stuff to put in em...:)

Thanks for the comments and the addons m8.

These missions are sp missions aswell.I have only left out the "player" spot to force ppl to load it up in MP section and hopefully team up with a buddy.

I have only ever made a couple of SP missions for Opf, but of what i know just change a playable role to player.

No real differences otherwise ,that i am aware of....:).

Gnat;1947935']You have some cool lookin missions going Steve' date=' just wishin they were SP ;)

GJ[/quote']

Like Steve said ... just fire up your MP server in Multiplay mode (password protect it if you don't want the great unwashed masses coming in), sign on to your own server, pick the map/mission and off you go. I would say that most MP missions are playable as single player. Some MP missions automatically populate unfilled spots with AI, some leave out unpopulated squad mates. If you find the team mission too hard to do by yourself (as is often the case where a lot of teamwork is involved), just edit the opponents skills down to level the playing field. There is a whole other world out there in MP mode, and you don't have to go online to get it all.

Edited by MissionCreep

Hi ... I fire up A2CO with all the recommended mods and get a "nil variable overriden". I see tomcats, tow tractors, refuel and ammo trucks, LDH crews, but the carrier is invisible. Everything is floating in space. I can get in all vehicles and walk around in space. No carrier visible on the map.

[Added] When I go to zoom (num +) in external view, I see the carrier. Any ideas?

I'm running ACE2 and patched to 1.57. The Nimitz Test (Utes) is fine. Any hints (do I need > 1.57? - I'm at 1.57 because I had problems with 1.58 and 1.59).

Edited by MissionCreep

Hmmm,Interesting.

First try without ace.But maybe the mission needs 1.59?

I'll look into it m8.Thanks.

The carrier not showing up problem i think might be related to tex qualtiy i think.

I had that problem myself at one point.I remember now having to adjust my tex or object quality i think.

Have a play around with the tex quality and try turning it up and see if that works.

The script problem "variables overidden " i think maybe related to ace/cba maybe.

Edited by ANZACSAS Steven

The script problem "variables overidden " i think maybe related to ace/cba maybe.

nil variable overidden has nothing to do with ACE or CBA (CBA only tells you that you do something wrong in this case).

There is a simple rule: Never ever assign a value to a global variable called nil

It will overwrite the engine nil and render it useless.

Xeno

nil variable overidden has nothing to do with ACE or CBA (CBA only tells you that you do something wrong in this case).

There is a simple rule: Never ever assign a value to a global variable called nil

It will overwrite the engine nil and render it useless.

Xeno

As Xeno pointed out, do not override system variables/functions like Nil, or you will cause issues, if not for your own scripts, then probably for someone else if not everyone else's, incl BIS scripts included with the game / missions / campaigns.

CBA warning is a courtesy, telling you about the issue instead of you or other people running in circles for a long time wondering why something isn't working as expected.

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy,

Thanks for trying to clarify the problem.Unfortunatly scripting is not at all my forte and I greatly appreciate any help with scripts that i can get.

I will have a look thru the mission but i am afraid i barely understand the error which means i am almost certain i wont know the workaround.

I dont have the time to learn scripts as i am already exceeding what would be an acceptable amount of time developing mods ,addons and now missions to use them in.

If you can help out or know of someone that can pls let me know.

Much appreciated.

Steve.

:)

Thanks Steve, will try tomorrow.

No problems around making suggestions/corrections to a mission maker, but maybe try and show a little courtesy to a guy who is trying his best to contribute a very nice niche to the Community - aerial combat/ground attack missions over a huge variety of maps and terrains.

Loaded without ACE, CBA etc, just vanilla OA/CO and the Nimitz is still invisible. Everything else is there, flight deck crews, other aircraft, fuel/repair trucks, towing tractors etc. Tweaked the textures, post processing, AA and other video settings and still can't get the ship to appear.

When I get into a Tomcat, and I choose close-up view (either the 1st person inside the cockpit, or 2nd person view from the deck), the ship is completely visible. I guess it is still playable, once I get into an F-14 (I haven't tried getting into the on-deck helo). When I dismount from the aircraft, the ship becomes invisible (or super stealthy!). Like I said, Nimitz test mission than came with the mod is fine.

What are your video option and in-mission view distances? I'm not sure if that may have something to do with it? My video option view distance is about 1500m (I have a pretty low spec machine and use pfu's proper distance mods - which I disabled for this test - to get longer ranges) but I noticed the in-mission default is 12 km. I puttered around a little but didn't find the ammo box at which to adjust the in-mission view distance (I didn't look too hard).

Edited by MissionCreep

Thanks for the feedback m8.

I will have a tinker around and see if i can get the problem to happen to me again.

I'll let ya know.

The object quality settings i usually use is very high.Objects will disappear much sooner with these settings on low.This option is to adjust how many objects are on screen also when set above normal.

The in mission viewdistance is set to 12 klm and i have noticed the addaction for the veiwdistance scripts doesnt work on the ammo crate in multiplayer.It works in the editor but not in multiplayer.I have an updated version i am tinkering with atm that fixes this and a couple other things.

Hint- when in multiplayer the view distance and terrain detail/quality settings dont work.It is set by the mission maker.If you are in mutliplayer section the only way to adjust these settings on the fly is by scripts.

Also, Are you able to use the catapults more than once in the mission?

I am having trouble getting the action to lower launch bar once i have launced once and returned to the ship and landed.

Thanks.

Ok, I ran the test to see if i could get the nimitz to disappear and found that if the object detail settings were on normal or lower the ship will disappear.

Try messing with the "Object Detail" settings in your GFX options.

Hope that helps.

Ok, I have had look thru the mission and i think i have rectified the problem the ACE fellows have pointed out and i think it was the reason for the launch action only appearing once upon start up.

Thanks ACE Team.:)

I have fixed the issue with the viewdistance action and also have fixed the screwbied vehicle respawn.

I am just tessting a few more things and i will post up an update 1.1.

Thanks to all who have given feeback ,help and provided scripts or even just downloaded.

Ok, I ran the test to see if i could get the nimitz to disappear and found that if the object detail settings were on normal or lower the ship will disappear.

Try messing with the "Object Detail" settings in your GFX options.

Hope that helps.

Hi ... I have to turn mine to "Very High", but it now works fine. Thanks!

Pleaaase pleaaase pleaaase, make a single player version for this!!!.. This looks awesome and i have the addons needed already for it :)

It plays and works the same in Mp or Sp section.

Theres no need for 2 missions ,SP/MP for all these Air War missions.

Is there any reason why ppl dont like or want to load it in the MP section?

I am interested to know cos i havnt played much SP since OPF and almost never play SP

now in arma 2.

If ppl really want to play it in SP all they have to do is change the desired pilot you wish to play in the editor to "Player" from "Playable" and then its a SP mission.

I'll have a tweak with it soon, to make it SP, for fussy people like my self.. :) if not you'll be getting a letter :) (messin around about the letter thing)..

Cue Topgun Theme.

Well done boys, looks great.

Lets get Blood4odin and Hullcreature on to it ;)

sorry, but i tried the best i can to make it SP operational.. Even in the editor it Arma II wont find the mission on necro island :(

Wait... it's not a submarine mission?

On spawn, the equipment has a tendency to make that long drop into the water, due to waiting for the carrier to be completely rendered in the game.