Weather graphics

Weather Update or not  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Weather Update or not

• I do not care about the weather
    • I would like to see visible rain with a layer of water on the ground
    • I would like to see both snow and rain with a visible layer on the ground
    • I would like to see a weather update ONLY if BIS has the extra time

Just a simple poll to see what people think about this idea.... So for weather in OFP, arma 1, arma 2, and arma 2 OA is some what subtle. What I mean is when its raining it does not feel or look like it most of the time. Or when it is winter there is no snow.

Updated weather with the following:

Visible rain on the ground (like a small layer of water covering the ground for example)

Snow visible on the ground

Edit

P.S. Option 4 does include rain and snow visible on the ground.

Edited by 5LEvEN

best unbiased poll i've seen in a while - that is because it doesn't exist ;)

best unbiased poll i've seen in a while - that is because it doesn't exist ;)

Thats because I was still making the poll.... ;)

haste...well i would choose option 3 plus the if BIS has time part from 4

haste...well i would choose option 3 plus the if BIS has time part from 4

Part of the reason why the poll was being made was because I was trying to think of a way to shorten option 4. As my original which said it included both rain and snow was not under 100 characters long.... Hmm I will just mention it in the OP...

I'd like to see proper rain, not just some screen overlay or whatever it is called that we have now.

I'd like to also see a better balance for fog so it doesn't just randomly pop-up in your face and take your view distance down to 100m within an instance. It should be progressive.

I'd like to see proper rain, not just some screen overlay or whatever it is called that we have now.

Is that what it is? I don't think it feels like that anymore. In OFP it was obviously just a texture that scrolled down the screen, but now I think it looks like it's raining (except when you go inside or under a tree). The droplets on the ground help alot too.

Though I have often thought how cool it would be in game if things actually got wet. I have absolutely zero expectation for anything like this in Arma 3, but it would be nice to see water dripping off things and more of a slickness on objects and people when it rained. I remember in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory that when you were in wet areas it looked like Fisher was wet. Maybe it was like that all the time and everything just had too much sheen to it, can't remember, but certainly I remember rainy levels being rather atmospheric.

Would something like that be possible in the RV engine? I mean sort of increasing the 'shininess' of textures as it rained?

Also, and I feel like I mention Ghost Recon in every other post, but a nice effect in GR was when you waded through a river or swamp and your clothes darkened with dampness. It would be cool if that happened at least when you went swimming, if not when it rained.

Currently in the RV engine, you could accomplish this with hidden selections.

Though I have often thought how cool it would be in game if things actually got wet. I have absolutely zero expectation for anything like this in Arma 3, but it would be nice to see water dripping off things and more of a slickness on objects and people when it rained. I remember in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory that when you were in wet areas it looked like Fisher was wet. Maybe it was like that all the time and everything just had too much sheen to it, can't remember, but certainly I remember rainy levels being rather atmospheric.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

GVBiF-hlkso

When it rains, everything gets wet and water runs down walls. :D

Heh yes - Stalker uses a special texture for rain effect for each model i think

Oh yeah, I remember seeing a Stalker video with the rain effects. That's awesome.

Stalker is very impressive with its weather. Is it possible to have something like that in the RV engine though?

Edited by Foxhound
Do not quote videos!!

Probably. Check the very bottom of page 1. ;p