Sign in to follow this  
vassdel

Storyline

Does anyone know what ARMA 3 has to do with Lemnos island? Is that the "hostile island" that Cpt. Scott Miller is washed ashore upon?

NATO research team tries to find some kind of means to end the war, things go wrong, Miller first fights alone and gradually gets more friends. Then the enemy gets defeated and we wait for the expansion.

Yes, but does all that take place on a specific island like Lemnos (a real life Greek island, located in the Aegean Sea) or on a random generic island?

That's what I'm asking

It's an island based on Lemnos. That's all we know.

I believe the island in the game is fictional, but based on real geographical data. Like South Zagoria in Chernarus, which is a fictional place but the geography is based on a real region in the Czech Republic.

Basically, the developers are going to take a real place and give it a fake name.

Basically, the developers are going to take a real place and give it a fake name.

This. I think!

Ah, OK. btw, Lemnos is an island. I have a video posted on youtube that shows Lemnos and someone posted that my video is an ARMA 3 video leak....

That's why I asked about the storyline.

Thx for your replies.

Ah yeah,

. It's really cool being able to see how Arma 3's island airport might look on approach. Feel free to check out Take On Helicopters by BIS too, that's also in development at the moment - and i'll be surprised if Lemnos isn't ported to ToH at some point.

I wonder what happened after OA/PMC, which ending of PMC is canonical, if EW is canonical (and thus the nuclear exchange. This can´t be, though, because there is nil indication of the russians being hostile in Operation Arrowhead. Thus, EW never happened.), which ending of Harvest Red is canonical, and if any established characters are going to be involved in Operation Magnitude.

Also, is WTWE canonical...? Considering that´s where Reynolds apparently first appeared.

BIS, we need an official timeline so we know what´s true and what isn´t, what happened and what didn´t!

NATO research team tries to find some kind of means to end the war, things go wrong, Miller first fights alone and gradually gets more friends. Then the enemy gets defeated and we wait for the expansion.

and PR:A3!

I'm curious which country will represent the main force of NATO .

They should switch it over to the former Yugo countries. I'm itching to get a chance to burn and pillage my "favorite" neighbours.:)

"The Year is 1985 and you are a young recruit on the island of Everon..."

Oh wait, already been done before :)

I'm wondering what this island has that can stop the war? Uber alien weapon maybe?

Laser technology, railguns and penicillin (used to treat bio-warfare agents like Anthrax) have all had unexplained mentions in the ARG. I have a feeling that if it turns out to be something along those lines, BIS may want to keep it mainly under wraps until we actually play the campaign. Really looking forward to E3 now.

Edited by Daniel

I'm wondering what this island has that can stop the war? Uber alien weapon maybe?

Ninjas

James Gastovski.

James Gastovski.

Victor Troska

oh wait hes dead :o

James Gastovski.

That would be too cool.

James Gastovski.

How old was Gastovski when Guba went down on Everon and Malden? In his 30s? He´d be close to 60 now.

Isn´t that a bit old for SF work? (Unless you´re Sylvester Stallone, of course.)

i can now picture james on a .50 MG chopping people in half :D

That's not too out of the question, even though I doubt it would happen. An old SF badass could play a key role in building a guerilla army.