Sign in to follow this  
Angle

Inventory improvement suggestions and discussion.

Hi all

Add in the ability to search people and remove things from their inventory.

Things in their hand requires they either acquiesce/agree via chat or dialogue or are restrained or subdued so tie in with ability to arrest and restrain a prisoner and knockout or subdue an individual.

Things in pack and pockets should require either acquiescence or sneakiness and physical contact. Would be great for a future covert ops games and Military Intelligence ops and for "... life" type games as you could have pick pocketing.

Also additional inventory objects like cards, keys, money, wallets etc.

Make ALL doors on buildings lockable with IDed key numbers that we can then link to objects like brass keys in persons inventory, and make some electronic with card pads retinal scan keypads etc used via dialogue, ditto vehicles and have padlocks for gates.

Imagine bumping into a character, then having to check you inventory to see if they stole your ID card, credit card, cash car keys and or wallet.

Would open up a whole bunch of gaming ideas.

I built a prison mission in ArmA II but could find no way of locking gates or doors, so it was no use :(

Kind Regards walker

I'd be for this general idea, but without the pickpocket/etc ideas. A system where you can "search" any AI who you can stop, via the ordinary gear window will be fine. ID cards can be examined without taking, that sort of thing.

Hey,

I agree with Walker on giving the possibility to lock any door, would also be nice if all doors start closed when you start a mission, versus what we have now that all doors are open at mission start, or maybe give a random probability for each door.

_neo_

or maybe give a random probability for each door.

Nooooo...

Two words: 3D editor.

Some ideas to go with it:

1. Right-click on building, get options menu, select "open all doors" / "close all doors".

2. Select multiple buildings, even a whole town, right click, "open/close all doors".

3. Right-click on individual door, "open/close door"

4. Same as above but with "lock/unlock door(s)".

5. Create a "key" item, associate it with a specific door (or several doors) to allow locking/unlocking.

locked doors would be awesome for the insurgency missions, as you had to do a little more to find the ammo staches.

you will have to search every corpse for keys or keycards, or use door blowing satchels (wich should be very rare in the mission) or let the airsupport blow up the whole building :D

1. Right-click on building, get options menu, select "open all doors" / "close all doors".

2. Select multiple buildings, even a whole town, right click, "open/close all doors".

3. Right-click on individual door, "open/close door"

4. Same as above but with "lock/unlock door(s)".

I wouldn't count on any of those.

Although I aware that is very easy to script this even for whole map after mission start, the cost of bandwidth is huge.

_neo_

it could be depending on what uniform and items you chose in your customization loadout

they say:

Customizable Soldier Load

Choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get loaded up.

so you can customize the number of pouch, mag belt, backpack, etc. and ofcourse a carry weight system that affect your movement

yes! good!

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

For myself, also a very interesting feature is the ability to put and remove silencer and switch magazine from subsonic to normal ammo.

For me a useless exchange between magazine and ammunition, could

how to make silencers on real weapons with the quick release, and then

silencer and shooting attacks, without changing ammunition, unplug the

silencer and get the weapon is not silenced

My rucksack can hold ALOT of stuff. And Ive seen customized ALICE LRRP rucks that are even larger, and hold way more. Why are the backpack inventories so small?

There should be a quick function to drop/quick-doff your ruck/backpack so you can get light and beat feet in case you need to bug out. A hot-key even. Can even be scripted to self-destruct/ via Willie Pete to deny equipment to the enemy.

Butt-packs. A couple more inventory slots, dropable, but not quick-doff like rucks should be.

Any thoughts?

Hi, for me an improvement would be to allow us to carry an AT and a LMG or GPMG, just as IRL, if it weights too much... you just fuck yourself and keep walking; for the kind of gameplay we're lucky of that have that many rambos arround even on PvP os having an admin... we could get ridd of the rambos and "that kind".

Other improvement would be IMO, to have the satchels as equipment like the GPS, the radio etc.. and have the shape of a C4 charge, not a buttpack's shape... .

The über improvement would be to have a view of the character's model and then attach pouches, bags, ruckshacks and gear to it, having a max weight limit based on our possition (max weight for rifleman... max weight for autorifleman etc) but that won't gonna happen because we've fixed models as we all know; dream is free anyways. Let's C ya

The über improvement would be to have a view of the character's model and then attach pouches, bags, ruckshacks and gear to it, having a max weight limit based on our possition (max weight for rifleman... max weight for autorifleman etc) but that won't gonna happen because we've fixed models as we all know; dream is free anyways. Let's C ya

Well... ArmA 3 will have a weight system and the more equipment you have, the slower you will be. That should fill half your glass I hope :)

and have the shape of a C4 charge, not a buttpack's shape... .

I agree with that, Arma 2 involves high tech military superpowers running around placing exploding bags on the ground. Keep the original satchels, but I'm just saying, something like the M112 Demo Block would be a nice thing to see. Of course, I'm really going into wishlist territory here, but never mind.