Sign in to follow this  
theblessedpig

Connecting ArmA III and Take On

Hello everybody

I am starting this thread not to complain about the future weapons (who cares about those, either way there will be 1000 mods that will add current weapons, so why do you care about that), neither the audio (again, sound mods are awesome for this) nor the render to texture function (which is already so desired, that hopefully BIS have learned that the community wants it really hard).

I am writing this thread to suggest a feature, which could possibly attract people to whom the FPS simulator doesn't appeal that much, but a chopper simulator fits perfectly. I am proposing something that is rather big and it mustn't necessarily be included in the initial release, but now to the point.

As you all know, VBS 2 can be connected to Steal Beasts (another simulator focused on armor combat) to create the ultimate military simulation using Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol called DIS-HLA GMUGateway

Here is a scheme of what I mean

arch.jpg

So what I propose is a similar system developed to connect Take On with ArmA III to create a complex simulation both for infantry and aircraft.

Here is a link to the DIS-HLA Protocol

http://netlab.gmu.edu/SRMP/gatewayDoc.php

I know it's too much to ask and I would fully understand when BIS wouldn't have the capability to do it, but at least make it possible for the community and the modders to do it....

Appreciate it really much

With regards and thank you for your time

Pig

This is easily the best suggestion so far. I had no idea games like VBS2 and SB could be linked.

Edited by Daniel

I have long advocated the linking of "niche" games into one great experience. :) It's nice to know that it can now be done.

I remember going to an Simulator Expo in 2001/2 to listen to a paper on HLA. The speaker mentioned then that it would be possible to interconnect any game but manufactures did not want this as it was suppose to lower the numbers of sales.... He said he was pertty much laugh out of the building.. So he went to the Military instead...

I guess they could make you buy each game you want to interconnect.. that might be a way to make everybody happy... I would gladly buy Take on and Arma 3 if this would allow me to connect them..

Edited by gonk

ARMA 3 = WIN

TOH = WIN

ARMA 3 + TOH = WIN

Now, seriously, I agree absolutely