Sign in to follow this  
Penfolde

required spec's

dose any1 know what the pc specs are going ro be for this game?

Pen

Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Memory: 2 GB

Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster

DVD: Dual Layer compatible

Hard disk: 15 GB free space

Other: DirectX® 10

Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista

Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4@4GHz or faster

Memory: 2 GB

Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster

DVD: Dual Layer compatible

Hard disk: 15 GB free space on a SSD drive

Other: DirectX® 10

There you go, fixed for you. ;)

;1929131']There you go' date=' fixed for you. ;)[/quote']

I see what you 'fixed' you have in your sig... :rolleyes:

Pretty hefty requirements, even for a 2012 release. I just hope it scales properly with my current hardware, because there's no way in hell I'm upgrading again for at least another 2 years.

I hope those are the recommended specs. That's just crazy. That's a high end system today and still will be beefy next year.

They want all that and only want 2GB of RAM? I smell 32 bit. Since those processors likely won't even meet the minimum anymore I hope they have 64bit binaries.

I see what you 'fixed' you have in your sig... :rolleyes:

Dale, I wish my processor was overclocked at 4GHz! I was actually referring to the taxing nature on hardware; specifically processors that the ArmA games have had. So far, when B.I have released an ArmA game, you'll have a number of performance issues because a) the game's netcode or whatever isn't properly optimised with the current hardware and b) the game's engine does not make full use of multicore CPUs, greater than 3GB of memory and sli/crossfire rendering that it should do.

I hope those are the recommended specs. That's just crazy. That's a high end system today and still will be beefy next year.

They want all that and only want 2GB of RAM? I smell 32 bit. Since those processors likely won't even meet the minimum anymore I hope they have 64bit binaries.

If its stil 32 bit there would be XP metioned as OS...but it's 7 and Vista only and DX10.

;1929131']There you go' date=' fixed for you. ;)[/quote']

i5 and i7 (especially when talking about sandy bridge) behaves very similar in games, arma included.

i have tested an i7 950 and an i7 970 (the one i own atm) both oced @4ghz and they behave almost the same (very slight difference)

the ssd is another matter though

i5 and i7 (especially when talking about sandy bridge) behaves very similar in games, arma included.

i have tested an i7 950 and an i7 970 (the one i own atm) both oced @4ghz and they behave almost the same (very slight difference)

the ssd is another matter though

Interestingly, on the matter of overclocking. There's an article in the latest issue of Custom PC (#094) about pitting a Gulftown (Core i7-990X) against a Sandy Bridge (Corei7-2600K) architecture processor. They overclocked the Gulftown to 5.05GHz and the Sandy Bridge to 5.3GHz. They had to use water cooling as you can imagine. Anyway, when it came to the test, the Gulftown had a minimum of 92FPS and the Sandy Bridge 99FPs. This was done at 1,920x1,080 resolution with Normal AA in "Operation Arrowhead".

still have to rebuild my system to play the game. Only just got arma 2 working on a core2quad core.

Pen

still have to rebuild my system to play the game. Only just got arma 2 working on a core2quad core.

Pen

Do you have "Operation Arrowhead"/"Reinforcements"too? A SSD/Ramdisk helps performance as well. I use a SSD but there are some who've used a Ramdisk configuration for the game.

Yes I do have "reinforcement" and "Arrow head" but I donnot have any SSD in my system and I don't think you can Ramdisk mechincal HHD.

Pen

Yes I do have "reinforcement" and "Arrow head" but I donnot have any SSD in my system and I don't think you can Ramdisk mechincal HHD.

Pen

I'm not versed in how it's done but I've read that some people have put their game onto a 'ramdisk'/ramdrive; if it's something you wish to explore. I think it's worth for you to consider a SSD. They are expensive but at least with them you don't get drive fragmentation, so you needn't bother with a defrag at least.

SSD is way to go, RAMdisc drive eats huge amount of CPU power (even on quad) ...

also for A2+OA content 16-24GB RAM is only option if You want all in RAM :)

cheap SSD are already on SATA-2 and less cheap ones on SATA-3

expensive SSD are on PCIe but they blazing fast

Link

Anandtech sees SSD as the single most effective upgrade performance wise you can do to a rig. Unfortunately still very expensive... maybe by the time Arma 3 launches we have some good offers.

im thinking of sli-ing for this maybe some more ram. SSD bit pricey for me at present.

running 2 ssd's in raid 0 and only noticed a slight and mean very slight boost in performance

Damn, see i really have no idea about specs much! but i spent alot of money getting mine upgraded just last Febuary! and even tho most of my specs seem to be good for ArmA 3, i still don't get the best game play with my specs in ArmA 2/A2: OA! So it kind of makes me worried about ArmA 3!

Can someone..hopefully a BIS DEV, or someone who knows alot about computers, tell me if ArmA 3 will work on my System? and if so should i beable to play on High/Very High Settings???

System Specs:

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Studio XPS 8000

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit Operating System

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU - 860 @2.80GHz 2.79 GHz

Installed Memory(RAM): 8.00GB

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460

Hard Disk: 916GB

Other: DirectX® Version 11.0

No one can really tell you, the game isnt due till Summer 2012. The required specs are subject to change.

As it stands now you're PC should do fine since it is above the required specs, but don't take my word for it, or anyones because no one has played ArmA 3... -_-

I'm going to upgrade to a gtx560 in a years time when it costs 200 bucks, mwu hahahhahah. BTW does anyone know if Arma 3 will support more than four cores? I have a hex-core (AMD though, nothing too exiting :D)

Those are minimum specs. Because that's what is required by ArmA2 today to have a relatively comfortable gameplay with good graphics but without AA

You wanted physics even though it was the least needed thing - now you get what you wanted, so don't whine.

Oh wait - did you expect physics to come for free on a 477 sq. km map?

Recommended/Optimum specs are of course as it is usual with any modern PC game - from here and to infinity.

Edited by metalcraze

I'm going to upgrade to a gtx560 in a years time when it costs 200 bucks, mwu hahahhahah. BTW does anyone know if Arma 3 will support more than four cores? I have a hex-core (AMD though, nothing too exiting :D)

I don't get why people(not just you) ask these kinds of questions, we don't know ANYTHING more than you do. All we know is what BIS has shared with us.

So all the WILL AMRA 3 RUN DX11 OR USE MORE THAN 4 CORS, AND USE MORE THAN 2GB OF RAM comments can stop now, it's getting pretty annoying.