Sign in to follow this  
skytheman

What are you excited about resistance?

Well, i was thinking this the other day... Woundering what secrate things BIS is hiding... For one, I would like to play around with the new Actions and see what I can do with them. Most of all im looking forward to the new graphics engine and enhanced Multiplayer code.

Well...

...Im not exited about the "cars"

Not exited about the "Graphics"...

.BUT

...... Im exited about the "What!"

i'm excited about the bridge and the bus, blow them both up at the same time biggrin.gif and the motorcycle only if when you turn too fast you tip over and slide on the roadway, ouch but would be funny to watch some guy grab the bike in mp and crash it into the enemy base

i'll only be excited about the drop commands if you can pick them up again instead of just removing it from your inventory, because even i could script that wink.gif

The bridge and bus!

I will put 3 bus full of passengers on the bridge and Shoot at it with a Maverick BOOM!

All of the above I reckon! But mostly graphical features, I need to use my Radeon 8500!!!!!!!!!! tounge.gif

and i need to use my geforce 4 tounge.gif wouldn't work on dad's chipset so now it's all mine muhahahahaha resistance here i come

now my cheap ass just needs to decide if i want to get E-D goggles or not

I'm interested in the campaign. Building up the weapons cache, keeping soldiers alive - dynamic logistics missing from campaigns till now.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the graphics, new island, weapons, vehicles and addons as well.

yeah that will be pretty sweet (or sucky depending on if you waste ammo or men) unlike 1985 where you had a limitless supply of weapons & men

i hope the same will be true for vehicles too, like if you use a tank for a few missions and don't have any ammo trucks you won't start out fully rearmed, but we will just see how it goes

Will the bridge be high enough to fly a chopper or plane under?

Looks high enough. Could probably get kegetys hawk under there. I was thinking that if you were in a chopper you might be able to hide under there.

[imagination] ahh yes...poor little OH-58 getting shot up by a big bad hind in multi, head over the hill and quickly hide under the bridge before the hind gets there, hind flys by, lil OH-50 pops up and shoves some FFAR up hind's ass biggrin.gif [/imagination]

[imagination] ahh yes...poor little OH-58 getting shot up by a big bad hind in multi, head over the hill and quickly hide under the bridge but while he's flying under the bridge, the Hind pops a few 55mm's in that bridge just in case so it collapses over the poor little OH-58... biggrin.gif [/imagination]

I am goona use my divers to blow up that bridge. A perfect job for the SBS Kaboom! Wonder if looks more prety all mashed up?

i am also looking forward to the more "alive" part. i want to meet new, interesting people and kill them!

i havent seen anything worth getting excited about except for the new campaign

i'm suprised noone mentioned the netcode, and the new island.

graphics litle bit it is just managing to work on my comp right now upgrading my tnt2 tho its gettin old, the new net code is what i want and the new actions, the islands probly the most exciting thing with bigger towns and buildings and new vechilces im looking foward to but i look foward to anthing new, my cs playin friend keeps sayin swars mod swars mod(leg software is unkonw to him)

Of all the new things/units/features I'm more excited about the new island. I don't care if it has industrial complexes or not etc... I just want new unrecognised terrain smile.gif ...and when BIS makes a island we all know it will be great nomatter what.

This time I'm not going to play with 'extended map info'. I want to use my map'n'compass skills for once wink.gif

I'm just excited about any code revision they do. Let's see what they might do to the existing code that's never seen e.g "strikefist" or "drop" to name a few. It would be wastefull not to fix those things up to work. Also the texture improvements are important to me if I can run them on a 933MHz + 32 meg video card and better AI. Another nice addition I want but am not clear if they are going to bring it are new formations and better sounds. I don't expect their's to be another Red Hammer by Codemaster(which I didn't like), but I'm waiting to see if it going to meet expectations first. I'm not falling for the idea to spend full price for the series of three. I might just wait around for the price to drop if it isn't great.

I failed to mention mod tools and reworked multi-play because I hope to see some of it in a patch for OFP: Cold War Crisis.