Sign in to follow this  
skytheman

What are you excited about resistance?

I wanna see this bridge from all angles  wink.gif  or some new news on the addon...... we have been through all the news in 10 min. But that will make the game that much more worthwhile when it comes out  smile.gif

I'm the most excited about the new graphic engine and the campaign.

I hope that bridge will really fall apart. Not just smash like houses.

The netcode patches seem to make it seem that mp will be promising.

Im so excited about this game that i can feel it...even in my pee pee tounge.gif

110 ninja

IM am excited about the new island becuase It was great the first time I got 2 explore the islands in the editor.

Also the towns will be very large looking at the pics.

I also cant wait to see the bus and bridge

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 20 2002,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about a Venice mod with gondollas? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thats a great idea!!!, maybe when OFP internals releases their island tool?! smile.gif

I love the Island allready! It has it all, just like a real country, small but real! biggrin.gif

and ofcours the new vehicles!!!, and the bridge!

Hi jack the bus and drive it into the river biggrin.gif (I gues the bridge crosses a river)

Humm there's a river in OPF actually...

At everon island there's a town called "La riviÄre" translate it from french to "The River".

Well now i understand why BIS team dont understand us, maybe they think we are mad biggrin.gif

Just cos theres a town called that doesnt mean theres a river, and there isnt one

Heh, I wanna get on the first bus when resistance comes out and take a tour and take photographs biggrin.gif then right when we cross this bridge, get the bus to stop and put a sachel on it and walk away and blow it tounge.gif

You know it looks like being a great mod, BIS are being pretty cool acctually LISTENING TO WHAT WE WANT. I would like however!!!!! A city map, wouldent be too hard to code. I mean like a 4km big urban area, my italian job mission was impossible to create as even with gunslingers there was only little tarmac (laying road tiles down didnt change the properties of the enviroment, just how it looked)

I can't believe BIS actually added some bid buildings and bridges. I whined about them, and I guess other ppl did too. One of the pics from that E3/Gamespot screenshot had glimps of that big 5 story building in Nogova's city, and it had interior all the way to 5th floor. also from Expansion trainler, in the scene where bus drives by, you could see that those buildings actually have interiors.

so BIS is actually listening to us.

speaking of that city in Nogova, that city is big, but it seems like it's big cause buildings are aprt a little more and each building is a bit bigger.

thanx BIS. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 20 2002,15:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe if you're a really good pilot<span id='postcolor'>

I coud do it in a Black Hawk no problemo a a 10 or su 25  dont know but i guess i coud... i WILL try ofcourse!!   tounge.gif

"Who dares wins"... who dares risk getting his butt shot off...  wink.gif

[edited]

Oh i allso look forword to the brigde, islasn(s) the bike (im gonna make a BMW based on it) and the possiblity to drop weapon [mp "Hey you drop your weapon!] tounge.gif

I will attempt an evil knevil jump across that river with the motorcycle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RavenDK @ May 30 2002,00:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[edited]

Oh i allso look forword to the brigde, islasn(s) the bike (im gonna make a BMW based on it) and the possiblity to drop weapon [mp "Hey you drop your weapon!]  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i think they already have 'drop weapon' function in it.

is all this stuff going to be included in a patch?[except for the campaign of course] or do we have to buy resistance to get the island, vehicules, features etc? and if we do have to buy it, will the new stuff be applyable to OFP?

>>Joe

No. Imagine how long it will take to download a patch with new island with higher resolution textures and new units and all other awesome stuff? But I reckon that there's going to be a 1.60 patch for us to download 'cause BIS is distributing 1.60 beta.

-----------------------------------------------------------

By the way, it said that the new resistance map will be "100 km square". Is this going to be a 100km x 100km map (10,000km^2) or is it going to be a 10km x 10km map (100km^2)?

There has been quite some arguments in Japanese OFP fan page forums.

1.60 is a beta patch, not a 1.60 beta. Im not sure but Resistance is probably going to be 1.70 or 2.65 or 2.0 or something, but not 1.60...... and i wish i could speak japanese or german to read some of the forums in diff languages like u guys can biggrin.gif

>1.60 is a beta patch, not a 1.60 beta.

Ah... sry

>i wish i could speak japanese or german to read some of the forums in diff languages like u guys can

I wish I could speak (or at least understand) Russian. I think it's gonna be awesome listening to what the SpetzNatzs that captured you are saying... smile.gif