Sign in to follow this  
ray243

More races

Is it just me or BI dislike other races? There should be more races in the game. There's quite a number of asians in Afghanistan, so they should be added to Arrowhead too. And there's too little blacks in this game, most of the soldiers are white.

Edited by ray243

First i thought you meant car races and such xD

There is already a big variety of races in game. Only one missing would be the hispanics. Watch out for asian faces along the russians. With PMC, they got some.

Isn't number 2 in command (USMC) always the same african american dude?

Wasn't there already threads for this? Some say we got too much diversity, some say too little, can't please everybody :)

There was a thread some time ago where a guy complained that if you put down a squad, most of them were black.

In fact I just went in the editor and put down a US army and USMC squad. In the US army squad there were 2 asians, 3 blacks, 3 whites. In the USMC, about half the squad was black, and of the remaining half, 2/3s were asian.

OMG Y U RACIST BIS

I also demand Khajit and Argonians :P

Too much oblivion?

There are plenty of races, the ai just has an inaccurate selection of races, as described above .

Wait what there were asians?

Added by PMC. You could just have bad luck, when the game chooses the faces, but they are all randomly chosen.

Misleading thread title, thought this was going to be about racing HMMWVs, APCs and MBTs around a race track. :p

Added by PMC. You could just have bad luck, when the game chooses the faces, but they are all randomly chosen.

True, but if you want specific faces, you can use the setface command, which works well, now all we need is a setvoice and setglasses command, maybe even a setname command too. ;)

Wait what there were Asians?

In the new patch (can't remember which one), some low-resolution faces were added. To get the high-resolution faces, you need to purchase the full PMC DLC.

Class names for the new PMC DLC faces are below, some people were asking about them on the forums a few months back. There could be more faces, but I couldn't find any more than the ones below; if anyone knows of any more, please post them.

Face108_PMC

Face109_PMC

Face110_PMC

Face111_PMC

Face112_PMC

Face113_PMC

Face114_PMC

Face115_PMC

Face116_PMC

Face117_PMC

Face118_PMC

Face119_PMC

Face120_PMC

Face121_PMC

Face122_PMC

Face123_PMC

Face124_PMC

There is already a big variety of races in game. Only one missing would be the hispanics.

Some of the Takistani faces could pass as them, just use the setface command if you want some face variety in your missions. ;)

There's quite a number of asians in Afghanistan, so they should be added to Arrowhead too.

That's pretty obvious, seeing as Afghanistan is located in Asia to begin with. But, they were already added into the game, via patches/DLC.

And there's too little blacks in this game, most of the soldiers are white.

It really depends on which side and faction you're playing as. I for one think there's a pretty good balance of faces for the units in-game. Now, the unit face quality is another issue, the low-resolution textures, model variety, etc. I for one, take an issue with the long hair and facial hair on most unit faces, neither of which is allowed in most countries' military forces. But, that's just nit-picking. :D

There should be more races in the game.

Agreed, and more faces for each.

Is it just me or BI dislike other races?

I for one, don't think so. What made you come to that conclusion?

Edited by Laqueesha

OMG Y NO EWOKS! RACIST

No, but seriously, in the actual US army I doubt that there are as many black or asian people as there are in Arma, I don't really care about it cause they all have Robotic voices anyway, even if you are a white supremacist there is always setidentity and setFace, and in multiplayer everyone can set their own identity, out of all the things that would be a priority to change I think this would be way, way down the bottom.

more races ? Sure I would really love to see the klingones and the Bird of Prey in an Alpha release allready.

Since we have human race in the game already, we could use some more sheep diversity.

e8eb40ca729842638b20739.jpg

I remember that in the last thread the complain was

"too few White in the US forces" (which makes up 70%)

Some Kazakh or Kirghiz-looking Takistanis would be nice.

Is it just me or BI dislike other races? There should be more races in the game. There's quite a number of asians in Afghanistan, so they should be added to Arrowhead too. And there's too little blacks in this game, most of the soldiers are white.

I'm sure that BIS doesn't dislike other races. The reason why there are more white soldiers then black and Asian soldiers is because the only army black and Asian soldiers can realistically be in, in the original ArmA 2 is the US army.

I don't know how realistic seeing a Chedaki squad consisting of Asians and a Russian squad full of Africans would be, probably not too much.

http://www.centrale3d.com/IMG/image/2009/Jeux/Arma_2___Razor_Team_by_thejohan.jpg

Razor team seems pretty diverse to me :j:

Im easy i,ll shoot anything ;)

Im easy i,ll shoot anything

I engage all infantry targets equally. ;)