Sign in to follow this  
Warts

Server hackers

I am running a dedicated server with battleye running on it.

Hacker are coming in and disrupting game play. I am unable to figure out who it is. There is no name changing going on that is showing up.

How can the punks be stopped ? ? ?

Warts

More than likely it is not "hacking", but the use of modifications that give players an unfair advantage, ie spawning any vehicle, etc. etc.

This is why you really need to enable signature checks.

More than likely it is not "hacking", but the use of modifications that give players an unfair advantage, ie spawning any vehicle, etc. etc.

This is why you really need to enable signature checks.

And this is why so many severs simply dont allow mods. mods are the wide open gate for cheats.

And this is why so many severs simply dont allow mods. mods are the wide open gate for cheats.
I don't see how that is the case.

Yes if you don't run signature protection (leaving your server wide open to e.g tool addons or addons specifically tailored towards cheating)

or do run it but don't take care in what you allow (console, editors, testing addons like lost keys etc, which I think are only a small part of the available mods), then you invite these things,

But otherwise, if you run sig protection (preferably v2), battleye and you simply take care of what you allow,

it should be just as safe (or unsafe) to run mods as it is to run vanilla.

Only allowing mods that don't give unfair advantage seems common sense to me, same as forcing mod and version equality.

For stability technical quality needs to be good and if you allow client-side mods, make sure that they are truelly client-side; mods that don't cause issues in MP when other players don't have them.

Edited by Sickboy