Sign in to follow this  
ZeosPantera

Removing "zoom" when using ironsights?

I really need to remove the zoom functionality when using an iron-sighted weapon. I am already playing in my corrected FOV fovTop=0.357; fovLeft=0.572; (20.5H, 32V) so I do not need any additional zoom levels compounding the view.

I can see how editing this might be difficult as most would probably just increase their zoom level to make every gun into a sniper rifle.

Thanks in advance.

i dont mean to sound like a prick or as if im sarcastic, but could you just not press the + button?

or remove the control in the options menu?

not when using ironsights. Setting an ironsights key and the zoom keys are separate entities. I think the guns themselves are set to each zoom individually.

I saw a video on here a long time ago concerning a mod that removed the zooming effect when switching to ironsights. Can't find it again.

Why my character uses iron sights "+" zooms in and "-" zooms out.

-

Setting an ironsights key and the zoom keys are separate entities.

yes they are but they can be combined

I think the guns themselves are set to each zoom individually.

possibly but remove the key binds for these keys under infantry controls:

Lock or zoom

Reveal target

Optics

There may be others but I believe part of THIS mod causes all weapons to have the same FOV whether iron-sighted or not.

There may be others but I believe part of THIS mod causes all weapons to have the same FOV whether iron-sighted or not.

Did the trick!..

Shame it needs server approval. No matter my friend is donating his old PC as a dedicated Arma box and that will certainly be on it.

Thanks for the help!

according to what you had asked

I really need to remove the zoom functionality when using an iron-sighted weapon.

What was wrong with removing the key binds in your infantry controls for these keys:

Lock or zoom

Reveal target

Optics

you remove the binds that are attached to those keys and you will eliminate the zoom, or am i missing something?

probably is culd be handy to be tweakable on server-side and in options under "difficulty" settings[so on "Veteran" defaults you can zoom, when ironsight-ing, for example].

Like i said

you remove the binds that are attached to these keys and you will eliminate the zoom

Lock or zoom

Reveal target

Optics

it works server and client side.

It comes down to how you allocate your controls, no need to change server settings.

@Günter Severloh

Most weapons in arma2 have a slight shift in view/fov when you enter ironsight mode. I believe the OP is refering to this shift-- not manually altering your current zoom state.

This is NOT the same as HOLD SECOND MOUSE BUTTON for lock/zoom.

-k

remove the binds that are attached to these keys and you will eliminate the zoom

Lock or zoom

Reveal target

Optics

I will try it but how will i activate the ironsights if the Optics key is unbound?

A bit of video just testing the other plugin with no sight zoom.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Yes NkEnNy that is right. Just to be sure I unbound the lock and zoom and Reveal keys then the optics key and obviously iron sights don't work if you don't have the key bound..

But just to confirm with reveal and lock&zoom off there was no difference in the iron sights from default. The mod is still the way to go.