Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

The difference between 1-6 Stop and 1-7 Halt

What is the difference between 1-6 Stop and 1-7 Halt ?

I have run some tests with me as an infantry squad leader and can’t see any difference between the two.

-

Stop simply tells the ai to Stop. The farther away from them you become then one of their attributes changes (Moral I think) from good to worse.

Halt Tells them to stop and await your next command (letting them know you are leaving them (instead of taking off and not telling them where you are going).

So when you tell AI to Halt, they never message you saying, "Where are you". When you use 1-6 stop they become afraid and call out for you, their mom/babysitter by asking where you are all the time!

hope that helps!

Cheers

Then the question is; why use 1-6 stop? In what situation is stop better than halt? I have always used 1-7, but there must be a reason for 1-6.

From my experience 1-7 (wait for me) is used when you're in a vehicle (humvee for example) and decided to disembark to recon or whatever, but you dont want your AI follow you in the humvee. When you return and get back in the vehicle, you dont have to 1-1 (return to formation) them to get them ready. If you use 1-6 (stop) you have to 1-1 them to get them back in formation

Stop simply tells the ai to Stop. The farther away from them you become then one of their attributes changes (Moral I think) from good to worse.

Halt Tells them to stop and await your next command (letting them know you are leaving them (instead of taking off and not telling them where you are going).

So when you tell AI to Halt, they never message you saying, "Where are you". When you use 1-6 stop they become afraid and call out for you, their mom/babysitter by asking where you are all the time!

hope that helps!

Cheers

I always use 1-6 to stop the AI Asking "Where are you", they will never ask if you set them to this stance.

I have never used 1-7 myself, but Mr Centipede's description sounds likely.

hope that helps!

Cheers

Any proof? Playing since 2001 OFP and have never noticed anything like this.

To be honest, that doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Stop is obviously related to dostop, and in 10 years ive never used halt before so i have no clue what it is supposed to do. :p