Sign in to follow this  
celery

Faulty animations

The recent patches and their animation changes left some less common animations unfixed after the immense speed-up.

Here's what I've found so far (they're way too fast):

-Female death animations

-Strafe right while holding a rocket launcher

while we're on this topic - ever since arma1 - the animation loop when you have a rocket and you get shot in the legs and fall to the ground so your guy puts his rocket away then stands up and takes out his rifle then takes out his rocket then falls to the ground and repeats over and over.

enabling a player to crawl and roll with a rocket would make a big difference - this is a really basic and awful bug - surprised it hasn't been fixed yet

Crawling with launcher is possible with ACE or my mod, however, I believe BIS did not do the launcher animations for proning due to the fact you cannot fire all launcher when proning (for instance, its nearly impossible in case of RPG7 without serious injuries).

Crawling with launcher is possible with ACE or my mod, however, I believe BIS did not do the launcher animations for proning due to the fact you cannot fire all launcher when proning (for instance, its nearly impossible in case of RPG7 without serious injuries).

That's true but even going from kneeling to standing with a launcher your guy swaps to primary, then stands up, then swaps to launcher again. Not great when you have an armoured vehicles gunner staring down his barrel at you.

Is this ArmA2 or OA we are talking about? I do not have the problem you mention.

Did you never enter the launcher animation of death? Just kneel and whip your RPG out, then stand up. You will swap first to your main gun, then stand up, change to RPG again and then finally be able to shoot.

Actually you can fire most rocket launchers in prone IRL without serious injuries, but you have to make sure you lay in an appropriate angle (different launchers require different angles, IIRC RPG7 is ~70deg and LAW is 90deg to the launcher's axis).

Actually even for normal weapons I was trained to lay 30-45 degrees to the weapon's axis, for a better aiming posture.

23250059.gif

Edited by galzohar

That's true but even going from kneeling to standing with a launcher your guy swaps to primary, then stands up, then swaps to launcher again. Not great when you have an armoured vehicles gunner staring down his barrel at you.

yeah thats very annoying from time to time

Sorry for renewing topic but I dont have these issues with my mod, so in case you wish to have it fixed, check it out.