Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.5 (CO)

Are you planning on reworking the "tank shells"? At the moment the tanks are firing giant tracers, that look like blaster bolts from "Star Wars".

Maybe something the LIB Mod did in OFP, they had the "glowing orbs" tank shells appear as when viewed from behind.

We've not done anything specific to tracer shells on tanks, though I think Mac did fix a few odd bits here and there a while back, there's honestly so many fixes and changes in 2.6 its hard to recall what was done off-hand. I believe they are still based on the standard A2 shells so I wouldn't expect much change in the appearance until some later patch. To be honest though I'm not too sure how laser bolts and glowing orbs differ in appearance, and never having seen any of the rounds from WW2 shot for real I wouldn't like to say how realistic any of it is :)

With the Stuka stuff, again there's been a number of script changes with 2.6 with a lot of random fixes here and there, not having played 2.51 since its release last year I can't really help in anyway except to say best bet is wait for 2.6 and work off that versions scripts rather than 2.51's which will be out of date and pretty much broken with 2.6's setup.

The reason for the two different formulas probably stems from different mods + authors, as we didn't build the Stuka initially and as I said we haven't fully integrated the Few's units with ours there will be inbalances and inconsistances, some of which were addressed for 2.6 but many still remain and will be attended to in a future patch.

How hard it is to change the attached weapon I couldn't say, the Stuka's gun has been built to be placed in the back of the plane, our weapons haven't so you'd probably have to build a custom MG42 to work there anyway.

Check the config.cpp in I44_sounds_music.pbo, updated list will be in 2.6's class list.

How to I open pbo's. I've seen people talking about a program un-pbo. Is this what I use to access the config.cpp

yes, but I don't suggest playing with files if you don't know what you are doing.

cpbo is what I use.

you just download it and make a 'copy' of the file you want to unpbo, then put it in a directory that is easy to remember - i.e. C:\1

Then you you move the .pbo file (copy) that you want to explore into C:\1

go start/run type cmd and hit enter

once in the C:\1 directory, type cpbo -e (filename).pbo

done!

to pack it all up

cpbo -p (folder name)

For all of you who'd like to help the development of I44 while the 1.60 patch recently released did fix the netcode it did unfortunately break one thing for us, our bolt action reload sounds. So please go vote up this issue on dev-heaven to help us get it fixed, thanks!

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28201

Thanks. Is it possible to make AI stukas dive and is there a script to make landing crafts doors open?

You could script it yourself with the UnitPlay feature, it would only work if you wanted it to be very specific though for example a cutscene or scripted segment or gameplay. That way you could get the plane to fly exactly as you want it to (as long as you can pilot it that way yourself to begin with).

To animate the ramp on the boat check the scripts used on the D-Day and Landing MP/SP missions to see how it works, I'm pretty sure it has to be stopped for it to be able to open, but that may only be for players not AI, been a while since I checked.

BoatUnitsName animate ["Ramp", 1]; // Lower the Ramp

BoatUnitsName animate ["Ramp", 0]; // Raise the Ramp

Please don't forget to vote for this issue on Dev-Heaven so we can get it fixed ASAP ;)

They can be a little hard to find, generally you need to point your cursor at the tip of the gun spot you want to get in. You currently can't switch between interior positions though as each gun is a seperate vehicle. Tail and ball gunners are easiest to get into. The top turret is accessed by standing in front of the right wing and looking up at the turret on top. The others are a little more fiddle and hard to explain, best bet is run around outside an empty one and try and remember the spots (please no complaints about it, not something we setup or have time to address at this stage but is in consideration for future patches).

B17 gunner positions are easy to get into - once you do it a few times. Just mouse over every part of the gun and turret until you get the crosshair icon.

A few mates of mine expressed a wish to be able to change positions inside the plane, as this would inspire us to make a BOB mission, or at the least promote 3 or 4 of us to co-op a B17.

Not that it is a priority or anything, but is it complicated to create a script to switch from gun to gun? Just wondering because I have next to no experience with coding.

Ok. Thats worked but I have a little feedback on the mod. Everything in the mod is mostly bug free but is it possible to make the stuka pull up a little faster. I enter a dive from and altitude of 500 but I have to pull up right after that to avoid crashing so is it possible to make the plane pull up faster. Thanks

See a lot of my past messages, we've not making any changes on the aircraft just some minor ones, the main plane overhaul will come in some later patch as we've been focusing on the infantry and armour side of things as ArmA2 handles them better than planes and is where we've put our focus for on missions etc.

You should see it in action ;) The original work was done by the Hell in the Pacific team, with the model of the flamer+tank made by Kraetzer, Macolik and Homer have been tweaking the scripts and adding in a few effects of our own to enhance it, and they have all done a fantastic job!

The flamethrower? Previous versions in ArmA2 I44 have all been pretty much placeholders and have little to nothing to do with the version in game now :D

Let's look at some specs for this and compare it to the M2 browning that P-51 used:

MG 151/20

RoF - 740 rpm

Muzzle - 960 m/sec

AN/M2

RoF - 750-850 rpm (keep in mind rof was reduced on these aircraft as to not wear out the bore after a few thousand rounds so 750 rpm was more typical of the mustang)

Muzzle - 890 m/sec

So both guns are close in RoF - having the AN/M2 edging slightly, while the MG151/20

has a noticeably faster muzzle velocity.

All in all, the 20mm cannon should fire faster (as in rounds travel at a higher rate of speed) and have approximately the same RoF. in game it is like you are tossing pebbles out the window!

The AN/M2 is a 30 calibre machinegun.

The MG151/20 was a low impulse cannon with a low muzzle velocity. The MG151/20 should actually have a muzzle velocity of 800m/s.

The MG151/20 was a low impulse cannon with a low muzzle velocity. The MG151/20 should actually have a muzzle velocity of 800m/s.

low muzzlevelocity compared to what? I stand corrected on the muzzle velocity, I typed that in by mistake. It's actually 805 m/sec which is lower than the hispano mk. II, but has a hell of a lot faster rate of fire. the MG131/20 also had a faster rof than the MG FF. Still 800 m/sec isn't considered "low" and I don't know what you mean by "impulse" weapon, this isn't star wars, it was a "kinetic weapon" sounds better.

The AN/M2 is a 30 calibre machinegun.

Wrong.

The AN/M2 stands for "army/navy"

and M2 is standard designation for all browning .50 cal HMG.

The AN variant was a lighter barreled version with a heavier bolt and higher RoF that was usually mounted on airframes. Due to the lighter barrel, RoF was theoretically 750-850 rpm users would fire weapons in quick,short bursts as to not warp the barrels due to overheating.

here are a few quick and dirty links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_P-51_Mustang