Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Thermals for Russians? Radar for Hind? Thermals for USMC? Radar for USMC?

I realize these features weren't implemented at the time of ArmA 2 release. Is there a mod to balance out the factions so USMC and Russians have updated OA equipment? Also it'd be nice if the Takistani Army had thermals on their more "advanced" vehicles like the T80.

Do a seach for thermal and see what you get. Forum rules say to search before posting.

I realize these features weren't implemented at the time of ArmA 2 release. Is there a mod to balance out the factions so USMC and Russians have updated OA equipment? Also it'd be nice if the Takistani Army had thermals on their more "advanced" vehicles like the T80.

There is no T80 in vanilla Arma 2 or OA, The T80 is a rhs addon pack. Also T80s dont have thermal sights but have active IR night vision.

Prototype I searched for Proper addons and True addons. I thought it was under one of those, but I was wrong.

Anyway I don't just want thermals. I want radar, flares, and all of the other new features ported to standard A2 vehicles. Basically to balance it for PvP.

There is no T80 in vanilla Arma 2 or OA, The T80 is a rhs addon pack. Also T80s dont have thermal sights but have active IR night vision.
You're stuck in the 90's, time moves on!

You're stuck in the 90's, time moves on!

None of the T-80s operated by the Russian Army have any thermal sights. That is still the case in 2011 as far as I know.

Peace,

DreDay

I think DreDay is right. T80s do not have thermal weapon systems in the modern day. I should have used the example of a T90 instead, or even the USMC M1A2 Abrams. The US Army has thermals but the Marine Corps does not? I think we need to change that. :)

Prototype good sir, you said earlier I should search for "Thermal" and I'll find the desired file. I have not found it. :( Please point me in the right direction.

Thermals do work in USMC M1A2 Abrams as far as I remember because it uses the same class as OA's one.

T-90 on the other hand...

Use TGW Vehicle Fixes or ACE mod. They both add thermals to vehicles that have them IRL.

None of the T-80s operated by the Russian Army have any thermal sights. That is still the case in 2011 as far as I know.

Yes. Because when USSR fell Ukraine had T-80 factory (the latest T-80 model is T-84, ukrainian produced only). Russians went with T-72-based T-90.

Edited by metalcraze

Yes. Because when USSR fell Ukraine had T-80 factory (the latest T-80 model is T-84, ukrainian produced only). Russians went with T-72-based T-90.

Actually the Russians had their own T-80 factory (first in Leningrad and later in Omsk). All the Soviet T-80B(V)s and T-80Us were made there. The Ukrainian plant in Kharkov had started making T-80UDs (which had more in common with T-64B than T-80B) only in the mid 1980s... Be that as it may, the Russians had chosen to put all their eggs in T-90 basket and no new T-80 production is expected, although some upgrades to the existing T-80s are quite likely.

Peace,

DreDay

Thermals do work in USMC M1A2 Abrams as far as I remember because it uses the same class as OA's one.

T-90 on the other hand...

Use TGW Vehicle Fixes or ACE mod. They both add thermals to vehicles that have them IRL.

wrong. T80U/T80UM line was produced in SPb, Omsk And Kharokv factories. while only NTagil factory stuck with producing T72 and following "upgrade", named T90[T72B with amament].

T84 is diesel-engine-powered[turbo-piston push-pull opposite comb, all-fuel]T80UM derrivative. slightly less mobile that original T80UM and slightly less launch-ready in harsh temp-conditions[diesel engine was bulkier, heavier, harder/slower to launch below -30'C more cranky on fuel quality, than gas turbine engine].

and now we saw struggles between two factories lobbysts in Russia. Kremilan bureocrats lobby NTagil Uralvagonzavod-made T90 chinky/bulky monster, cuz had various[financial, political, family]relation with it.

army lobby T80UM ordering, from OZTM[now almost collapsed because lack of funding]cuz its fit their needs/concept of deployment/application of tanks PER-FEctly.

but basicly you right, bureocrats will tend prevail and army get T-90 instead of asked T80UM. same with pointles Mi28/Mi28N2 purchases, instead of requested Ka50N/Ka52.

SPb factory will completely be comverted to trains production factory or something like that.

Edited by BasileyOne