Sign in to follow this  
Skozza89

Advice

Pretty new to these forums. i last visited them in 2009 apparently! long time ago!

Anyway i've recently bought a top end computer and wondering what the multiplayer is like on Arma 2:OA? Is it laggy?

Is there lots of 'Idiots' are servers bare? I will probably not re-buy arma if the online community is not there anymore.

Just wondering how full the servers are. And more importantly English speakers since im not multilingual! A reply would be greatly appreciated!

I also am getting into Arma 2 (best game I've played since Delta Force) and will buy OA soon. I see a small amount of people playing online, many with beyond stock game files. Are there more pople playing OA online? Ultimately I want to do pvp...

ArmA 2 OA is better optimized and runs smoother (many reasons for that).

Most servers are running CO or OA, not A2 only.

There are a few good PvP servers out there.

ArmA 2 OA is better optimized and runs smoother (many reasons for that).

Most servers are running CO or OA, not A2 only.

There are a few good PvP servers out there.

Ok thanks so there is a pretty active community out there?

There are hardly any PvP servers to be honest. It also depends on what kind PvP you prefer - the one you basically play COOP but somewhere there is another playing on the opposing team or in fact a solely person versus person without AI :)

There are hardly any PvP servers to be honest. It also depends on what kind PvP you prefer - the one you basically play COOP but somewhere there is another playing on the opposing team or in fact a solely person versus person without AI :)

Yesterday, I had an intense deathmatching with other 3 players in a certain server I've joined. At the same time I'm testing with your PvP anim mod to see how it works out.

And the result is UNIC! (Uniquely Epic) I had also recorded on Fraps and I will upload it when finished the footage composting. :)

3 players in a certain server I've joined.

I suppose that sums up the A2 Mp-scene. :)

You can also check the server list from here;

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

Imo A2 mp-scene is just not what I expected. Low player amounts, bad netcode. Not good.

the netcode could be better, yeah, but basically only AI bots are lagging resp. "warping" around.

There are plenty of locked or hidden servers, check the squad section in the forums to find people to play with. you dont have to join a clan in most cases, just introduce yourself, get into TS and receive the password

Hello, My name is AVIBIRD 1 and I play with a small group of players COOP mission only, if anyone wants to run with us just let me know and we could give you a passcode to the TS we are on!