Sign in to follow this  
arremba san zorzo

PROGETTO FLOTTA (Navy Project) - PedagneMOD

Hi mate, i'm just uploading some photos and a video about our work (W.I.P.) with "FREMM" and "Naviglio"...

UPLOADED

I have published some photo in EDIT section of FREMM and NAVIGLIO of the first page of this topic.

Over, you can see here a video in-game at low resolution about the WIP work of Progetto Flotta

Stay in touch for other news

Edited by Arremba San Zorzo

Nice video Arremba!!!!!!!!

It's a real pleasure seeing the FREMM completely textured.

Now some info about the FREMM:

- Animated Screws and rudders

- Working Muzzle FXs for all cannons (usinf Tank muzzle effect) and automatic guns (Machine Gun FX).

- More than a dozen custom animations (RHIB bays, catwalks, hangar doors)

- Helicopter lashing system (Thanks to GNAT for the scripts)

- Countermeasures system (compatible with GNATs frigates)

- VLS system for the ASTER missiles (Compatible with OA coutnermeasures)

- Main Gun with OA Artillery Computer and correct ROF (these will be able to throw a Rain o' Death barrage)

- Water FX

- Correct animated numerals, names and Mottos (in Latin) for each of the frigates.

Edited by mankyle

:inlove:This is really awesome. Wow just saw the video. Would it be possible to implement building position into that ship so that AI can be placed in various locations or can the AI manoveur on it's own?

In any case love your work.

Really surprised yet happy to see several people making new warships for arma :)

Can't wait to see more stuff about them.

I have to ask though, will gnt_frigates be necessary to use these ones, or are these completely independent?

I have to ask though, will gnt_frigates be necessary to use these ones, or are these completely independent?

I'm the one doing the config so I can say that the Pedagne Flotta ships will be independent of GNT_Frigates.

BUT...

They will be compatible with them. With that I mean that if you use one of the Projetto Flotta ships with one of GNAT's ships they will target each other with missiles and both will be able to deflect missiles with their Chaff launchers

Edited by mankyle

"I'm the one doing the config".....is not correct

MANKYLE is MR. (GREAT) CONFIG of this project!!! Never his awsome, work this ships would remain dry.

AMAZING detail !

Great job, both of you.

Just one small concern, whats the poly / vertices count of that main ship (in video)?

Must be huge ..........

Thanks GNAT, the appreciations by you is a must for us. About detail, if i remeber right, there are six sections around 70.000 vertices. The incoming San Giusto, i think that is the same or just a bit up. Cavour will be around 100.000....

Just one small concern, whats the poly / vertices count of that main ship (in video)?

Must be huge ..........

Don't ask Gnat. The polycount is HUGE. The model is made of 5 different sections attached to the main P3D.

All mobile animated sections belong to a P3D called ASZ_FREMM_A. Other details are in the other P3Ds.

In the works we have also guided Vulcano ammo for AA action. So far I have a preliminary version. It will see the light with the beta, I think. BTW, as many of your scripts have been modified and adapted I must say that you are also in the credits.

Wait till you see the San Giorgio ingame!!! It is really huge!!!

un progetto impressionante! li hai creati tu tutti i modelli in 3d? sorry for italian:D

un progetto impressionante! li hai creati tu tutti i modelli in 3d? sorry for italian:D

Outstanding work! Did you create all the models? ;)

Please post in English on these forums!

Outstanding work! Did you create all the models? ;)

Yes, models was created in C4D, now i'm mapping them in 3dmax before the exporting in O2.

There are a couple scripts in the works, mainly for the RHIBs, that will be reused for othewr ships such as the Caio Dulio destroyer or the San Marco/Giorgio LPDs. The script system is at 80% more or less. The idea would be to create a cargo system for the San Giorgios so we can use the ships to move large contingents of land vehicles

That's awesome !!!

no words... just say great work ;)

cheers

massi

Is there already a work around to allow players to walk on the ship when its moving? I love all the ship addons we currently have the only down thing is you can't walk on them :(..

Is there already a work around to allow players to walk on the ship when its moving? I love all the ship addons we currently have the only down thing is you can't walk on them ..

No, unfortunately the answer is no. We have used a couple tricks such as using scripts to force boarding/gettingout of the crew via some actions and also liberal use of the "attachto" scripting command.

We are now trying to reduce the poly count and using proxies in the P3ds to reduce the use of the attachto command.

For the moment you can board the frigate with RHIBs and lash helicopters to the landing pad. Both features use extensive animations triggered via actions and scripts.

We could use a little help with the scripts to improve them but overall they are quite functional.

Can you board it with AAVPs/other amphibs?

Not planned. But this option will be available with the San Giorgio for sure

Can you board it with AAVPs/other amphibs?

FREMM class are Frigates, not over. We have force the reality a bit to have a better palyability: so the RHIB arrive in a Back bay directely in the sea. The real FREMM class have are two versions: one antisom and one with a dock for RHIB. But every docks in real FREMM are dry, 'cause are just a bit over the sea and the sonar or the RHIB are declined in the sea trough a crane.

The San Giusto ship is an LPD for AAV7 and LCM. Will follow also LPD San Marco and San Giorgio, over a fictious variant LPD of a Cavour carrier: project 168 of Fincantieri, not builded.

:o I missed the word frigate in mankyle's post. Of course you can't drive an AAVP into a frigate.

:icon_bash:

I'll read a bit more thoroughly from now on. lol

Is this addon done??? or if any of the ships are done could u pm or post the URL for the addon. This is an awesome addon for OA CANT wait!!!!

Release will be WID (When it's done)

Actually I can post a couple features:

FREMM Frigate:

More than 25 custom animations

RHIB boarding/docking system

Helicopter attaching system

1 SAM/SSM Turret

1 Main Gun compatible with OA artillery computer

2 light caliber automatic cannons

Compatible with GNAT's frigates (comparable hitpoints, compatible missile configs)

Light Navy

More than 10 different boats/small ships

LCM attaching system for cars (can load/unload cars)

LPD San Giusto

More than 25 custom animations

RHIB boarding/docking system

LCM animation system

Helicopter attaching system

Vehicle attaching system

1 Main Gun compatible with OA artillery computer

2 M2 heavy caliber machine guns

compatible with GNAT's frigates (comparable hitpoints, compatible missile configs)

Release date: When it's done!!!!