Sign in to follow this  
granQ

PVP, "head bob cheating" ?

Lol this topic really spiraled out of control, dived of the hope cliff, slammed face first into the ugly three and hit every bransh of shit on its way down to unforgiving earth.

Nothing more satisfying than killing a cheater and if you consider no headbob a cheat, learn to relish in the satisfaction of taking those exploiting it down.

Easy opponents are boring kills, the harder they are to kill the more reward.

I don't use very much headbob (20%ish) and I use TrackIR so I still get some nice immersion, I don't on the other hand resent players who adjust settings to suit their own style of play.

Arma really shouldn't be about the reactions anyway, when it gets to that stage it is already too late.

I will add that if you go on some proper PVP TDM or DM games, no headbob and no TrackIR are the way to go if you want to be competitive in close quarter shoot outs.

A2 is surprisingly good fun when playing it in a CoD manner. :)

I doubt there's any serious advantage for non-headbobbing players, it's not like you can run and shoot.

The whole PvP thing can very easily spiral out of all perspective, how will anyone prevent people with huge hi-res monitors from joining the server? Surely such a huge advantage as pin sharp high resolution and high FPS represents an enormous advantage? :)

Well, the difference is that a person without headbob can observe better while moving, and thus much more easily spot a person than say... someone with 50% headbob.

And Ziggy, if you want to get respect when playing, better earn it. That last post of yours is hardly worth of it.

Either way, why do we even have this discussion, and here of all places? granQ's question was answered in the first few posts.

Oh, and high resolution can be a disadvantage. Much harder to notice a pixel or two changing colour at 1920x1080 than it is at 800x600 ;)

I doubt there's any serious advantage for non-headbobbing players, it's not like you can run and shoot.

The whole PvP thing can very easily spiral out of all perspective, how will anyone prevent people with huge hi-res monitors from joining the server? Surely such a huge advantage as pin sharp high resolution and high FPS represents an enormous advantage? :)

Don't forget the track IR people or those actuelly using a full programed HOTAS in air combat.

btw. High Res monitor are a joke... I use a 55" (139cm) HDTV display. It's the pure size that matters not only the resolution, you can simply sit further away but still see every detail. But on such a hughe Display the headbod is killing your equilibrioception (what a sophisticated word) even while sittign in a leather chair. It's the same effect that keeps me out of discotheque, the strobelight makes me nearly vomit sometimes and makes me headaches at some frequencies.

I reaD this is used as a weapon nowadays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_Incapacitator

It's like spraying pepper spray at myself...why should I do that?

Edited by Beagle