Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

Reezo' Tauntspeaker Script (taunt your enemies with a loudspeaker!)

Reezo, I noticed when you evacuate the civilians they run away in DIFFERENT directions (sometimes AT you, and then past you). Is it possible to make them strictly run AWAY from you?

Also, I'm working on getting you a translation of what the sound clips actually say (Lol).

Reezo, I noticed when you evacuate the civilians they run away in DIFFERENT directions (sometimes AT you, and then past you). Is it possible to make them strictly run AWAY from you?

Also, I'm working on getting you a translation of what the sound clips actually say (Lol).

Random places are picked far from the area where the HMMWV is..I could make it work so each civilian checks the distance from your HMMWV but .. I like the fact that they somehow do it their way :)

Oh and what do you think of this: Evacuate civilians executes and it checks for a triggerman (via your IED script), and if one of the civilians is a triggerman, he DOESNT run away.

Reezo, I just found out that if I'm on the other end of the map from where someone else is, and they play the taunts and such, I can hear it clear as day - is there a way to have it actually create a sound source location? So, if I walk X meters away, it fades out.

You made the IED respawn capable, any chance of this one too? Reason is, I have it on a person (like a loudhailer) but it disappears on respawn.

Cheers mate.

Will check these out :) and fix/add in a next release :)

Reezo, I just found out that if I'm on the other end of the map from where someone else is, and they play the taunts and such, I can hear it clear as day - is there a way to have it actually create a sound source location? So, if I walk X meters away, it fades out.

The problem is dB settings in description.ext, using a value higher than 10 overrides positional sound. And you must use say3d instead of say for positional audio.

Edited by KePcHu

Hi Reezo!

I´ve tested your script now and it´s working in multiplayer in our dedicated server, and sound works positional too.

Thank´s to Kepchu too for his "MP" support for this great script!.

Thank you for using it!

Yes, there is a minor bug in the sound intensity but I'll fix it ASAP

and any chance of making it 'personal' (not in a vehicle) & respawn compatible while you're at it ;)

Cheers mate!

and any chance of making it 'personal' (not in a vehicle) & respawn compatible while you're at it ;)

Cheers mate!

Thanks for reminding me!

Try the new version out, it should have..

v1.4

- FIXED: Sounds could be heard anywhere in the map

- ADDED: Respawn compatibility

just exec the file on a unit if you want it to be "handheld" :)

now..wouldn't a portable loudspeaker-backback be nice!

So with this can we or in the future will we be able to broadcast or own voice, say for Training and set it up to broadcast over the ingame speakers?

You will need to play with dialogs. If not skilled in it .... it will take time to sort.

You will need to play with dialogs. If not skilled in it .... it will take time to sort.

Ya I know nothing about dialogs, haven't tried to learn that yet.

Again, great mod. The update improved the sound quality a lot, specifically, it added depth to the sound and made it feel as if it were actually being played through speakers in-game, rather than an audio track playing over the gameplay audio. Just for personal use, I replaced the taunt sounds included in the mod with heavy metal rock music. :cool:

In real life, the U.S. Army PSYOP likes to use heavy metal rock music to lure out enemies into the open, such as in 1990 Panama and 2004 Iraq. The U.S. Army soldiers love it, it improves their morale, but the enemy forces always seem to hate it, sometimes, even driving them to surrender. :D

Anyway, great mod! ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Lol thanks Laqueesha!

Finding the right dB value for the sound source is not always easy, but after some tests I think I managed to find the correct settings.

Feel free to replace the sounds with your favourite, but it would be great to have a collection of videos of the various taunting in-game :) lol!

Lol thanks Laqueesha!

Finding the right dB value for the sound source is not always easy, but after some tests I think I managed to find the correct settings.

Feel free to replace the sounds with your favourite, but it would be great to have a collection of videos of the various taunting in-game :) lol!

No problem. Now, all we need is an actual in-game model of a speaker object. ;)

No problem. Now, all we need is an actual in-game model of a speaker object. ;)

Super-true :) sadly I know nothing about modeling but if anyone wants to drop in and contribute, that would be great!

Has anyone found any good voice files to telling the civilians to leave (emshi) with American accents? Taunts would good to, have an uh-merica yelling "F-you haj, come get some."

Awesome script

It's be nice in MP if it didn't play all the taunts at once. Any ideas about that?

Yeah I noticed that. I have little time to open the script and work on it again but I am suspecting it is a simple fix..I might just bind it to @CBA and everything would work MP-erfectly :)