Sign in to follow this  
Reezo

Reezo' Tauntspeaker Script (taunt your enemies with a loudspeaker!)

Is it possible to add something also tells any CIV to run away? IE, adding the ability to tell the CIVs to run away in a broadcast before using your EOD script to detonate a bomb.

Great idea, I only ask in exchange that you point me to sound samples that could work for this. Even a simple YouTube link is perfect.

Consider it done as soon as I get the above :)

That is a great start anyway :) getting to work at it.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

V1.2 released

Changelog:

- ADDED: Ability to engage loudspeaker to Evacuate Civilians from the area

3) To let a unit or object use the Loudspeaker (e.g. a HMMWV), put this in its init field:

nul0 = [this,500,50,90] execVM "scripts\Loudspeaker\loudspeaker.sqf";

Where:

this - is the object you want to be able to call the Loudspeaker from

500 - is the audible range of the speaker

50 - is the probability in % of attracting enemy fire

90 - is the probability in % of persuading the civilian population to leave the area

Yes I think the sample is great, I don't know what the recording says but it pretty immersive :D

Just tested it; seemed to work quite well. The AI were slow to react, but they eventually ran away. Kudos.

Edit: also can you turn down the AddAction radius for the script? Like a meter or so?

And if we can get that sound issue fixed, it'd be damn perfect in my eyes.

Edited by SpectreRSG

is for mp?

the other players dont hear the sound.

No clue on why it does not sound for everyone..the sound script part gets executed on all machines..

Weird, if anyone has a clue, send it this way :)

It looks like the say3d is the right command; not a clue why it's not working. Any chance a member of a sound mod team can help? :P

It looks like the say3d is the right command; not a clue why it's not working. Any chance a member of a sound mod team can help? :P

I am going to use all the available mana points to cast 'Summon ArmA expert' lol

Got it working both on dedi and non-dedi server. A few changes only.

Just for you to know, the main script is running on every connected player, but the scripts launched using addaction are running local, so you have to use a public variable. Also say and say3d work only local.

A note about the volume, if you want to use positional audio, don´t use more than 10dB (not fully tested, but beyond that 3d audio doesn´t work).

Things I´ve changed:

In loudspeaker.sqf:

Added two variables for vehicle identification (both taunt and evacuate, needed but not working right now).

Only server is publishing variables (just to avoid JIP players).

Added loop for sound (because the script is working in every machine, but you can use a trigger for this).

In loudspeaker_evacuate.sqf and taunt.sqf:

Replaced calling for sound with publishing variable and modified addaction just to fit the whole thing.

In general, removed

if (true) exitWith {};

just because is sqf (don´t need that).

Sound part is only running in clients (that´s why you exit if it´s dedi server).

Right now, i can only have one vehicle (or object) working with this script (if you put exec in more than one vehicle, just the last one in mission.sqf works), so gotta work with that.

Cheers, and keep doing your magic with scripts! (This was a really nice idea for a script!!!!!!!!)

Check the file in:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Xj4d66R

With this modification you must call it this way:

handle = [this,500,50,50,3,4] execVM "scripts\Loudspeaker\loudspeaker.sqf";

Where 3 and 4 are just to publish the right sound just using one public variable (gotta work on this, but in a future we can use them for multiple vehicles).

Greetings from [CLA] Arma 2 Latinoamerican Community

Edited by KePcHu

Kepchu u r the god of scripting .. CLA rulez.. great Script Reezo!

Thanks both of you.

Edited by Scar.arg

The taunt enemy sounds, can you raise the volume a tad? Other than that, thing works quite nicely - I love it.

Hey Reezo, I've had a brain wave !

What about a version that doesnt use the car but is an personal addaction when close to a civilian.

Something like "Hey you, are you a filthy suicide bomber?" or "Please leave the area" (obviously in their language) to which they either blow you up (Reezo Ambient Bombers!) or they walk away.

I'm thinking that this will make troops life easier (OR harder as they need to approach the civvies!)

Should be a simple adaptation of the loudspeaker script. What do you think ?

Nice idea, the only thing keeping me from doing this is the audio clips. Find them and thou shalt be rewarded lol

You want me to shout into a mic 'GET THE FU*K OUTTA HERE' ? Just kidding.

I'll see what I can find on t'interweb.

How about allowing it to also work as one of those high-intensity, focused loudspeakers that can disable enemies by being incredibly loud? It could work so that anyone close enough and within the right azimuth would get their screen blurred or make them do something crazy like that. That would be awesome :D

Anyway, nice job with this. Very original.

Great idea! Anything for someone with a Quagmire avatar. I can't hide behind the finger: propose a candidate sound effect and I might do it :)

Now I have to find the right math to calculate cone areas..somebody send me a free pass to a university lol

want me to send you an audio clip?

Sure, if you have/know a realistic annoying fx that is used in those situations..

I didn't read the previous posts, and Reezo, I hope you don't mind, but I substituted Wagner's Ride of the Valkeries as one of the taunts to evacuate so that it would play into the mission I'm making in Vietnam. I love the script, so easy to implement. Thanks Reezo.

I didn't read the previous posts, and Reezo, I hope you don't mind, but I substituted Wagner's Ride of the Valkeries as one of the taunts to evacuate so that it would play into the mission I'm making in Vietnam. I love the script, so easy to implement. Thanks Reezo.

You're welcome. I don't mind, but I will ransom you with a Youtube video. Just kidding but who wouldn't love to see that in a Nam scenario? :)

Hey dude PM me with your e-mail and I can send it to you. I got it in a 4 second loop.