Sign in to follow this  
AZCoder

Gambit Royale campaign by AZCoder

No longer available for Arma 2.

Arma 3 version 

Hey AZCoder

the trailer is cool. I'm unfortunately not able to play test due to RL issues, so I wouldn't be a reliable tester. Head over to OFPEC they are testing all submitted missions or campaigns and giving advice . . . finding flaws etc.

Keep 'em coming. Once released I will definitely give it a go.

Kind regards

Looks good. One, kind of oftopic, question though. In trailer you have white hud/text for weapons and such. Is that proper/pvp addon or something else?

I have updated the first post with more information. Beta testing has gone well, with a few points of interest for me to investigate. I should have this ready in a few days if nothing crazy happens :)

Updated first post with link to the campaign, now that I'm done with final tests.

If anyone understands Takistani (I'm not sure how real it is), my apologies for the mission "Turbulence". I have no idea what one character is saying, and I know it does not match the dialog, but it sounds good :)

I have downloaded the latest "Must Have" addons and tried numerous times to start your campaign.

I added nothing else, including sounds and simple addons that I can rely on to work.

After setting Difficulty level, it sits at that screen after clicking Play.

Won't move. Won't start. Nothing, but mouse does move around that screen.

End up Ctrl-Alt-Del each and every time.

Sorry, I'm clueless.

I have latest everything, all up to date.

@up

I lunch this campaign with the 3 mods/addonass required (Massi's Delta Force,ARMA9W's Desert Camo Pack,RH Ak's Pack (this is a dependency of the Desert Camo mod))

and its start, all its ok.:)

Then i use "cheat campaign" to check all missions, all missions also start. I playing with jsrs sound mod and all is ok.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by tom3kb

@Kommitkat: perhaps you could look at your arma2oa.RPT file for errors, on Win7 it's at C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA. What you describe is usually a missing mod. :(

Nonetheless, I tested the full campaign on an old AMD4800 dual core / 8800 GT video / with the 3 basic mods before releasing it, both to verify dependencies, and to verify performance. And thanks tom3kb for testing.

@AZCoder

I only run all missions too check if thei start, not play this whole campaign too the end.

So ther could be some bugs but....

I hope there are no bugs :)

This one looks interesting, will definitely give it a try.

=^.^=,,,

Hmmm, I have the same problem as KommieKat.

After I try launch the campaign after setting difficulty, it locks up and I have to hard shutdown my game?

In Arma CO.rpt looping message is

"Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rh_aks_cfg"

I have the mod enabled, any idea's?

Looks good anyway, I like your trailer. Hope to get it working

Thanks

Frosty

ehh there is a easy fix to all those weird problem,,, relese a version that only require ACE then thats it.... who doesn't hav it really, what dosen't it has really it got guns, army and all the toys,n no need to mention u can mount weapon...

Edited by j rock

An ACE2 version would be kind of kewl.

=^.^=,,,

@j_frost - do you have the AK mod from the link on the first page? The error says it is not there. You could also have an older version. All I can say for certain is that the versions linked in the first post work. I really debated for months whether to use the Russian camo mod due to that dependency. Sorry for the troubles over it.

Let me clarify, it says the config file is missing. I'm not @home atm, but I believe all current versions of Robert Hammer guns have a config pb, possibly since the OA versions have been released. I will check on that later.

Edited by AZCoder

@Kommitkat: perhaps you could look at your arma2oa.RPT file for errors, on Win7 it's at C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA. What you describe is usually a missing mod. :(

My bad. Turned out to be an addon that needed an addon.

Really liking this camp lots. Good music. Good voice. Good cinema. Good story.

Especially liked the "Knock on door" part.

2 Questions for you:

A) This is a wip camp with only 4 missions so far?

B)

After escaping the prison by heli, where exactly am I to land to trigger success? I landed near the marine base on the island and met no officer nor any triggers, so had to Endmission?

I hope you have more coming! Really getting caught up in it!

just tried your campaign looks really good so far, however i got a issue in the first mission:

I stole the russian chopper to escape from the island now i got no clue where to fly. maybe you should add the task to steal a map from a tent or something like that. also the guards didnt shoot me after i denied to sleep and pushed the guard away from the door hehe

There are 8 missions. It shouldn't end at 4. This is the full complete package.

After you complete one of the prison tasks, after "knock on door", you have a map. Also the final objective should give indication to that island. Whether you take helo or boat, you just need to go to that objective. its near the medical tent :) with the helo, you can just fly low over it and end will trigger. I don't advise endmission, because key variables will be lost on for later missions.

@Coffeecat: I reread your post after getting home and understand what you did. I've now fixed that :D I will wait and see if anything else needs to be fixed before I consider posting an update.

Edited by AZCoder

great job lots of action and i like the fact that it's not all happening on the same island and you have different roles im not all done with it yet but i'm lookin forward to starting it up again tomorow good work keep it up :)

@j_frost - do you have the AK mod from the link on the first page?

You may be onto something there. I downloaded the version linked on your mission at armaholic, perhaps the armaholic mirror needs an update. I am at work ATM but will check this tonight.

Edit: I didnt have the mod enabled in my launcher : P. Had 1 box checked (for the RH_aks mod) but not the overall mod control checkbox for that group of addons (Weapons)

Thanks for the reply.

Frosty

Edited by Rough Knight

There are 8 missions. It shouldn't end at 4. This is the full complete package.

I see. I got a "No Script" as soon as

the two main hero's went into the warehouse and discussed about the nuke and the black car. Maybe my Endmission did that. I don't recall a map and did knock on the toilet a few times. Door does not open, some dude inside says to go away. Will try again.

Thanks for having the patience to explain things out. Sorry for my problems.

That's very much appreciated!