Sign in to follow this  
Luke(CZ)

Mi-24 fix

Hi BIS,

I didn't find this thread anywhere so I need to ask you,

I very like your DLC's and your patches to the game is very helpfull but you never fix a Mi-24 helicopter. How is it possible that the "flying tank" chopper has weaker cockpit than regular civil Mi-8 ????? Few shots into the cockpit and I'm dead ??? Also, what the hell is with AT missiles Falanga 3M11 ??? The missile almost never hit the target only with a big luck. It's very annoying and it's very unfair when the enemy doesn't have a proper air support. The Mi-24 is the most used chopper in the game (CDF, RUS, TAK) and doesn't work properly, could you please do something with that ??

Dunno if the AT missiles actually should be 'fixed' though. They are horrible IRL, so I can't see why they shouldn't be horrible in-game. =/

Mi-24 is no flying tank. it's a flying APC. And this was discussed log ago...on,y the front screen is bulletproof...and the falaga missiles are unreliable in RL too. To hit something you have to use them almost like FFARS since they do not manouver well.

The russisn Hinds perform much better in the game, its only the CDF and takistani Hinds that a sub par reflecting armed forces with outdated Equipment.

Mi-24 is no flying tank. it's a flying APC. And this was discussed log ago...on,y the front screen is bulletproof...and the falaga missiles are unreliable in RL too. To hit something you have to use them almost like FFARS since they do not manouver well.

The russisn Hinds perform much better in the game, its only the CDF and takistani Hinds that a sub par reflecting armed forces with outdated Equipment.

Well actually the "flying tank" is unofficial nickname for Hind, I'm just saying it's little bit lame when chopper has this nickname but you can easily kill pilots in cockpit.

Yes, Russians work properly but I'm sick of the "USA VS RUS" wars. It also looks weird when Rus. Hind flies in Takistan desert and it's very annoying when you have only CDF vs Chdkz scenario with NATO choopers flying around. I just want a quality air support for all sides (without downloading addons):)

Well, here is the deal: The cockpit is fine, its front windshields are bullet proof, it just depends where u receive fire from. As for the Falanga, well, IRL the engage distance is minimum 300m. Also it has really poor penetrating capabilities. To top it all, the missile was fairly slow and hard to maneuver IRL, and it had serious difficulties hitting a moving target. And when considering it is shot from 200kmph at a target that moves 20kmph in another direction, it is really impossible to hit it. Unless you were aiming it from the launch point straight at the target, you have no chance. If you think this is lame, well, that's the same thing that Iraq said in the late 1980's when trying to stop the Iranian armored units.

I hope BIS can realize the twin-engine feature in the game. only one hit at one of the two engines in 500m by .50 bullet will cause the chopper losing power.

I hope BIS can realize the twin-engine feature in the game. only one hit at one of the two engines in 500m by .50 bullet will cause the chopper losing power.

THIS!!!

That is the best suggestion since the stone age. That is something that seriously needs implementation. The engines of the Hind and Mi8 are actually two.

I also hope they fix AT missiles,I have problems hitting anything with all Hind versions in A2CO,even the AI Hinds uses them very rarely.

The Shturm,Ataka and Falanga weak hit ratio was true for the first old soviet ones.This is still a game,from a gameplay perspective the Hinds are friggin' gimped regarding the AT side of things.Not to mention that for CDF and TA it's the only attack chopper.

The russians are more lucky because I don't even bother taking the Hind,I just load up the troops in a MI-8 and clean up the battlefield with an Ka-52.So basically the Hinds are next to useless right now.I could score hits using FFARS but sometimes I need AI backup and this is where things turn ugly.

Regarding the cockpit,I think it's fine the way it is now,afterall I can agree that we don't want an terminator chopper.

The Hind is massive and heavily armoured, you would have a hard time shooting it down with anything save a ZSU-23 type weapon or a SAM. Comparing a round from a ZSU 23 and that of a 50 cal MG or sniper rifle is like comparing a brick with a pencil. 50 cal bullets get all the fanboi sorts interest but in reality they are at the very bottom of the ballistic food chain.

Seriously people the Falanga had a really low hit ratio! This is why the Hind-C's arent the best tank hunters.. THE TAKI'S AND CDF USE OLD CHOPPERS.... The Russian one's are a lot better.. All models should have the front of the cockpit glass armoured though.. And all should also have duplicated systems and twin engines along with every other chopper in game I think