Sign in to follow this  
SOSyourself

Warfare singleplayer?

Hi all,

I'd like to play the warfare game type by myself with the AI but I can only do so through setting up a LAN game.

When I do this, I can't pause or speed up the game; too things that are REALLY inconvenient for me.

Is there a way to get around this, or enable it for LAN?

If you set up a LAN I would have thought there is an assumption there is a human player at the other end.

-

I know, I'm trying to get around that somehow... like converting a multiplayer map so it works for singleplayer?

Yeah, you could just put a warfare mission in your missons folder,

but you wont be able to respawn.

@bracer

I tried that, but yes there is the respawn issue you mentioned but also the "no player selected" one also

Well you know... you could just start it as LAN game and enjoy it that way... It'd be basically playing alone with AI then :p

@bracer

I tried that, but yes there is the respawn issue you mentioned but also the "no player selected" one also

Right. Then you'll have to open it in your editor and make the unit you wanna play into a player.

Would be nice to see some full support for SP based scenarios, I just found that reverting a save game seems to corrupt the assignment to capture towns, so its not perfect anyway.