Sign in to follow this  
exall

MiG-29 wip

Thanks a lot, Myke. I'll definately try this. I've heard about this method before but you've described this completely clear. Now I understand.

Thanks a lot, Myke. I'll definately try this. I've heard about this method before but you've described this completely clear. Now I understand.

Have a look at this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1174464&highlight=A10+Demonstrator#post1174464

This is the method i developed for flight model tuning that Myke is describing. Check the sample A10 mlod geo lod. It should all be obvious then.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Many thanks for the help, mates. I've tried and now it works pretty well. At least I can do the "kolokol" and the "cobra" manuevers now just as they should be.

Maybe you guys will help me with another goal I want to achieve for this moment? I need to understand how to make different armaments with only one model of an aircraft. It's about that thing, which you Myke described in your tutorial on proxy weapons.

For example I have 3 models of mig, each for the different payload because of different pylons. It's unwisely of course. How can I make those pylons become dummy weapons with no firing options?

How can I make those pylons become dummy weapons with no firing options?

What you can see on the plane are cfgAmmo/cfgMagazines, what you can fire are cfgWeapons.

If you want any sort of payload attached to your plane but don't need to fire them, just treat it like you would any other weapon: have a p3d for it, create cfgAmmo and cfgMagazines as you need it but just "forget" to make a cfgWeapons also.

:EDITH:

If i may ask, any plans to use my Missilebox? It has quite a bunch of russian weapons in it: http://www.frl-addons.armaholic.eu/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=10

;)

Maybe you guys will help me with another goal I want to achieve for this moment? I need to understand how to make different armaments with only one model of an aircraft. It's about that thing, which you Myke described in your tutorial on proxy weapons.

For example I have 3 models of mig, each for the different payload because of different pylons. It's unwisely of course. How can I make those pylons become dummy weapons with no firing options?

Its actually really simple in ArmA2.

All you need do is create a proxy on each pylon you want. The rest can be done via the config. Each proxy will have a number eg:

RKSL Typhoon Proxy positions diagram

In ArmA2/OA the load outs are controlled by the order they are included in the magazine entry. eg:

magazines[] = {
"RKSL_150Rnd_27mmAP_Mauser",
"RKSL_4Rnd_AIM120", 
"RKSL_4Rnd_AIM132",
"RKSL_2rnd_efa_fueltank",
"RKSL_2Rnd_pylonblank",
"RKSL_1rnd_efa_fueltank" 
};

The first entry is ignored because this class of ammo does not use a proxy.

The second entry files proxies #1 to 4.

Third, uses a further 4 proxies. #5-6

etc. So if you have a magazine with only 2 AIM120. Then the AIM132 would jump to slots 3,4,5 & 6. So what I did was create dummy ammo and magazine entries to leave those pylons empty. eg:

weapons[] = {"RKSL_27mmmauser",  "RKSL_AIM120Launcher", "RKSL_AIM132Launcher"};

magazines[] = {
"RKSL_4Rnd_AIM120",
"RKSL_2Rnd_AIM132",
"RKSL_6Rnd_pylonblank",
"RKSL_1rnd_efa_fueltank",};

To be able to use some configurations we needed to get a bit creative. The first tier hold normal proxies, but when using the Brimstone it holds the launcher rack instead of the actual weapons. The weapons are all held in the 2nd tier proxies (nos 15-32).

However, on a complex load out likes the "Close Air Support Light #2" (CAS-L2) where the rack is held on the #9 and #10 pylons we've had to use a "dummy weapons proxy" for the launcher rack and a Blanking proxy.

We use this method for things like CRV-7 Rocket pods, Drop tanks and of course the Litening III targeting pod. These blanks are a proxy ammo object and magazine with no visual lod. This allows us to 'fill' an empty pylon so that we can define where our weapons will sit. E.g:

CAS-L2 Loadout
weapons[] = {"RKSL_27mmmauser", "RKSL_AIM120Launcher", "RKSL_AIM132Launcher","RKSL_CRV7_HEPD_Launcher", "RKSL_CRV7_FAT_Launcher", "RKSL_BrimstoneLauncher", "RKSL_Paveway4500Launcher"}

The weapons can be loaded in any order. The weapon list order only affects the order in which you switch through the weapons in game. So when you get in the plane, the Gun will be your first weapon. Next the AMRAAMS, ASRAAM and so on

The magazine order is the critical part. Any ammo type with a defined proxy will affect what you see on the plane. Things like Guns and Rocket magazines are ignored by the game engine.

magazines[] = {
"RKSL_4Rnd_AIM120", 
"RKSL_2Rnd_AIM132", 
"RKSL_19Rnd_CRV7_FAT", 
"RKSL_19Rnd_CRV7_HEPD", 
"RKSL_CRV_lau5003FPodx2", 
"RKSL_2Rnd_brimstone_rack_mag",
"RKSL_2Rnd_PAVE4_500",
"RKSL_litening_Pod_mag", 
"RKSL_3Rnd_pylonblank", 
"RKSL_4Rnd_pylonblank", 
"RKSL_6Rnd_Brimstone_DM"
}; 

So to explain:

RKSL_150Rnd_27mmAP_Mauser - No pylon - Ignored by the game engine's proxy system

RKSL_4Rnd_AIM120 - 1 to 4 - These are the recessed missile mounts under the fuselage are part of the common aircraft fit.

RKSL_2Rnd_AIM132 - 5 & 6 - These fill the out board short ranges missile pylons and are part of the common aircraft fit.

RKSL_19Rnd_CRV7_FAT - No Pylon - Ignored by the game engine's proxy system since no proxy is defined in the ammo.

RKSL_19Rnd_CRV7_HEPD - No Pylon - Ignored by the game engine's proxy system since no proxy is defined in the ammo.

RKSL_CRV_lau5003FPodx2 - 7 & 8 - Dummy Rocket pod magazine with no actual weapons assigned.

RKSL_2Rnd_brimstone_rack_mag - 9 & 10 - Dummy Launcher Rack magazine for the Brimstone.

RKSL_2Rnd_PAVE4_500 - 11 & 12 - 2x Paveway 4 LGB proxy

RKSL_litening_Pod_mag - 13 - Centreline Pylon - Dummy mag for the Targeting pod.

RKSL_7Rnd_pylonblank - 14 to 20 - Because the Brimstones are on the 9 and 10 pylons we need to blank not only the 14 Conformal Fuel and pylon but also the empty Tier 2 Brimstone proxies 14-20

RKSL_6Rnd_Brimstone_DM - 21-26 - Brimstone Dual mode missiles. All unused proxies after this can be left empty.

There is one rule that you need to observe when making custom load outs:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You cannot split active weapons across pylons.

E.g. 2x Paveway 4, 2x Drop tanks, 2x Paveway 4.

This will cause the proxies to jump positions when fired. You may end up with drop tanks on you outboard pylons or in the recessed missile points. Its just looks a bit daft. But it wont crash the game or anything. Its fine for the dummy proxies such as the drop tanks and pods but any weapons you drop or launch when used this way will cause problems.

Have a look at my Typhoon to see what i mean.

RKSL Typhoon FGR4

OMG, I can't ask questions with as fast speed as you answer them!!

I know how to fullfill proxies, but I can't make my own weapons. As for cfgAmmo and cfgMagazines scripting in config, is there any tutorial on this? Or maybe some exact examples?

I've seen both configs of your wonderful aircrafts and tried to make the same dummy pylons. But i had no result. More than that, i couldn't even change the amount of gun rounds in spit of the same config lines.

Myke, today my mig use standard weapons: r-73, s-8 nar and fab-250. With your missilebox added they automatically change with yours, except the nar.

Edited by exall

check your ICQ mate

:EDITH:

it would help if you answer me on skype ;)

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Dont let it die. Same thing happened to the Mi-24 Krokodil and the Tu-95 Bear, not another dead project.

Dont let it die. Same thing happened to the Mi-24 Krokodil and the Tu-95 Bear, not another dead project.

Do you check the Mi-24 post at all?

PatheticBeserker updated it 3 days ago.

As for the Bear i agree, Crying shame!

If you need any help Project RACS would be willing to chip in with the weapons

Thanks a lot for any help in forward, wld427 ;)

For now I'm making UVs of a cockpit, preparing it for texturing. So, I believe that I will have questions about sections and supershaders in near future.

I'm glad to see that you are still working on this, I don't think there are too many Mig-29s floating around in ArmA 2 right now.

A pair of screens, showing untextured cockpit ingame:

q7WRXR77.bmp lgyYewqI.bmp

Sorry Myke for that F-16 being shot down by me ;)

Picture links don't work (as i'm not interested in russian poker ;) )

Sorry Myke for that F-16 being shot down by me

Wouldn't have happened if i were sitting in the cockpit of the F-16. :D

Sounds to me like you two will have to set up a PvP match at some point in future!:D

EDIT: And record it of course!

Some progress with cockpit textures.

80002794.th.jpg

And yeah, it's not dead and won't be :)

Some progress with cockpit textures.

And yeah, it's not dead and won't be :)

Hoooolllly cow. That is absolutely gorgeous!

Are you sure you're on the right forum? This looks to be more LOMAC 2 ;) Seriously, damn astonishing bird, been following for a while and can't wait to see more of the cockpit in color.

Thanks guys for very kind words. I really appreciate.

Looking great! Amazing progress, and im glad the best guys around on aircrafts are helping you. :)

Cant wait to see it in the sky.

I have an Idea.

Polish scheme for Vilias NPL

Takinistani sceme

Russian Demo Scheme