Sign in to follow this  
Der_Waffen

Su-25 radar bug, armor fix

Thread starter permanently banned for registering multiple accounts, I guess we can close this one now. :)

Das Panzer, der Waffen....this Idiot really shouldn´t post such shit on forums with so many Germans.....

Edited by Tonci87

So lets return to topic then. Do you Guys think that the SU-25 or the A-10 need improvements flymodel or electronics wise?

I would say that the flymodell of the SU really needs an improvement. It really flies like a brick as it is now. The A-10 on the other hand has a much greater agility. Is this supposed to be so?

Edited by Tonci87

So lets return to topic then. Do you Guys think that the SU-25 or the A-10 need improvements flymodel or electronics wise?

I would say that the flymodell of the SU really needs an improvement. It really flies like a brick as it is now. The A-10 on the other hand has a much greater agility. Is this supposed to be so?

The Su-25 and A-10 Simulations available to us mortals say the same. The Su-25 has a very brick like flying characteristic while the A-10 is much, much slower but more agile.

Su-25 easily reaches 900km/h in level, and goes supersonic in a 10° dive while A-10 will not exceed 750 km/h. that's clean but Su-25 will still be in the 800 range fully loaded. The swept wings of the Su-25 make manouvering below 500km/h a bit cumbersom while the bulky straight high light profile of the A-10 does not like high speeds.

Both are completly different aircraft, the Su-25 is closer to a conventional jetfighter in layout.

I wouldn't limit the discussion on the Su-25 and/or A-10. The flight simulation aspects needs a general improvement. I don't even mean to make it comparable with dedicated flight sims, not at all. Just actually it is a pain in the a** to get a plane flying as it should be, either it loses to much airspeed in tight turns or it accelerates too slow or or or. Everyone who ever made a plane addon for ArmA 2 knows what i'm talking about.

I dont think that BIS will add upgraded Su-25SM, Su-25TM and Su-25KM to A2+OA. Perhaps they will have a look into and improve the aircraft characteristics and the damage system a bit more so pilots/gunners can see the damage similar to vehicles. It would be nice if all aircrafts would get their specific flight profile/"feeling" but I doubt that game devs have access to fly+experience all ingame stuff on their own in real life.

On the other hand airplanes do need bigger ingame areas...

Maybe BIS can+will place some AI friendly airports/air bases on this infinite terrain? Or BIS devs will find a solution even for ground units eg adding a working roadnetwork on infinite terrain??

The Su-25 and A-10 Simulations available to us mortals say the same. The Su-25 has a very brick like flying characteristic while the A-10 is much, much slower but more agile.

I've always read that the Su-25 is really agile aswell ( I mean there are a few air display teams that use su-25 aswell) In my book it says that in operation Rombus the Su-25 pilots found it really easy to fly and make attacks between the mountains where as the pilots in the Yak-38's had a nightmare time even without armaments. And that it was more Nimble than a lot of the other aircraft the Sovs were using. Thats just what I've read though.

And yeah and aircraft overhaul would be nice.

I was thinking about trying tomod in ecm and I though the main problems were. That radar in general is just basicaly a top down map projection... It isnt affected by hill/buildings in the way. Adding a cone of radar to each unit that can be turned on/off would help.

Still no dumb bomb pip.... This has been missing since ofp :(

Rockets only a max of two :(

No turrets on aircraft .. This makes me a sad panda

Only 1 gun/canon

CoP/G cant take control of aircraft in emergency and is generally a bit useless

Hit points needs changing to are specific damage Fuel tank/Engines/Control surfaces/Hydrolics/Electronics and maybe a few other things

Just a few things... Theyve been pointed out hundreds of times....

BUT HELL IT WOULDNT BE AN AIRCRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD WITHOUT IT :P

Edited by wolfbite

I've always read that the Su-25 is really agile aswell ( I mean there are a few air display teams that use su-25 aswell) In my book it says that in operation Rombus the Su-25 pilots found it really easy to fly and make attacks between the mountains where as the pilots in the Yak-38's had a nightmare time even without armaments. And that it was more Nimble than a lot of the other aircraft the Sovs were using. Thats just what I've read though.

And yeah and aircraft overhaul would be nice.

I was thinking about trying tomod in ecm and I though the main problems were. That radar in general is just basicaly a top down map projection... It isnt affected by hill/buildings in the way. Adding a cone of radar to each unit that can be turned on/off would help.

Still no dumb bomb pip.... This has been missing since ofp :(

Rockets only a max of two :(

No turrets on aircraft .. This makes me a sad panda

Only 1 gun/canon

CoP/G cant take control of aircraft in emergency and is generally a bit useless

Hit points needs changing to are specific damage Fuel tank/Engines/Control surfaces/Hydrolics/Electronics and maybe a few other things

Just a few things... Theyve been pointed out hundreds of times....

BUT HELL IT WOULDNT BE AN AIRCRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD WITHOUT IT :P

We compared this to the A-10 not to a Yak-38. The Yak is more like a VTOL version of a F-104 starfighter not a turnfighter at all. Just look at the full swept tiny wings it features. I said that the A-10 has a better build in Turn compared to the Su-25 at manouvering speed. The Su-25 has an vertical and energy advantage compared to an A-10.

OK but I think in Arma the SU -25 accelerates too slow (compared to the A-10) and looses way to much speed in turns