Sign in to follow this  
BigToe

Flying on a 27 inch screen

I would hav thought anybody that likes arma would appreciate a high tech sport like F1 ;-)

But yeah the F1 and Arma 2 are great at that size, I sit about 4-5m away so it doesn't really fill your peripheral vision any more than sitting closer to a little screen. The thing that immerses me the most is sittin in the middle of a 5.1 setup, hearin footsteps or tanks rumbling up behind you is great experience and a genuine advantage over a player using 2.1. Anybody else using a projector or 5.1?

I`m using a true 5.1 Headset. You are right, 5.1 is incredible. Much higher immersion

Good for you mate, glad your enjoying flying on your 27" screen.

It might even be big enough to surf on.

Yes the pic is genuine. If your wondering about the guns.. they're airsoft guns. And I wish my desktop was similar.. although I'd have a much better keyboard, lol.

Do you mind if I post the pic at the Few Good Men club?

And what else can you tell me about the pic, is it one persons airsoft room, or is it an airsoft weapons group clubroom or whatever?

What are the big monitors used for?

PS- Speaking of the FGM, they're chronically short of AA2-playing members, so if anybody wants to join be my guest (I'm second-in-command).

Go check it out, scroll down to the Armed Assault Section-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forum.php?

I`m using a true 5.1 Headset. You are right, 5.1 is incredible. Much higher immersion

Yes I agree, the main reason I put my computer in the living room, in front of the big screen was for the sound, 700 watt 7.1, not so much the screen itself. Now that I got a G930 ,7.1 headphones, I'm back to the 22" and let friends play on the big screen.

For me, like I said, it was just too much screen and hurt my eyes after awhile. But of course I don't have a fancy LED either, just a plasma. ;)

And yes, that picture Kenwort posted made me drool...

While not as impressive as Kenwort's picture, here's my 37" LCD TV that I use for my PC all the time:

TV_1.jpg

You can use my TrackIR5 (or headset) for scale purposes. :cool:

That looks good Zipper, seems to be the right size I'm looking for... also it will fit on my desk. I can live without the 2500 x whatever resolution, my cpu would die trying anything higher than 1080p anyways.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

While not as impressive as Kenwort's picture, here's my 37" LCD TV that I use for my PC all the time:

*image*

You can use my TrackIR5 (or headset) for scale purposes. :cool:

what are the mods?

cant read them..

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

massive

EDIT: @pure passion me too

but mine is 18 ^^

Edited by Zipper5
Quoting hotlinked image

No mods, just the entries "beta" and "expansion" due to running the latest beta patch.

I play on my 11" screen right now.

I threw my old monitors away when I moved and waiting for my 24" samsung. While I'm waiting i'm stuck with my alienware MX11 (it works fine, but I miss a big screen)

Screw Arma, watching F1 on that is heaven!!!

"screw arma" BLASPHAMY! HOW DARE YOU SIR! HOW DARE YOU!

Someone should rent out a cinema and play Arma 2 on it. Then he would deserve a medal.

No, a Imax theatre.

I was loving the game and screen untill I tried to run crossfire now I crashed everything and spent the last 6 hours resetting the system. Did anyone get the hd6870 crossfire working? Just installed new drivers and I think it is all good will test more tonight. Not good enough do not run crossfire it sucks.

Edited by BigToe