Galaxy.jpg

Model that landwarrior says he made:

LANDWARRIORDC-5GALAXY.jpg

Judge yourself. I have no doubt.

Its sad sad.gif

what a lame fool!!

landwarrior is the lowest of scum,

actually thinking people might be fooled into believing him,

it seemed kinda weird that he made all these models in such a short time !!

now i know why !

plz dont give him oxygen, BIS!!

let him suffocate tounge.gif

If someone uses premade models of other people, i see no problems as long as there is permission of the original author to use these models and credits are given for those people that did the models.

Landwarrior did not only "steal" other peoples work boasting it would be his to feed his ego or whatever, he tried to use it in an attempt to fool BIS into delivering Oxygen to him.

Now i do not see the logic in this action; what would someone, that has no 3D modelling experience nor talent or potential do with Oxygen, of what use would that be to people like Landwarrior? The only thing that comes in mind is he could be warez´ing it.

We should really do a "Hall of shame" for people like Landwarrior, people that take others hard work declaring it for their own.

That was so lame.. ppl like u make me sick

btw, what's the polycount limit for a vehicle in ofp?

I hope nobody draws parallels between this behaviour and the incident regarding fas.org. ti hi ;)

Seriously though, some things are excusable, this is definitely not. I reeks of teenie boppers trying to impress, and I thought it was a mature forum grrrr.

Tim

(my first post, so shoot me :p)

eidt: apparently i have three posts, put it down to exam stress will you!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TimNiceButDim @ May 13 2002,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seriously though, some things are excusable, this is definitely not. I reeks of teenie boppers trying to impress, and I thought it was a mature forum grrrr.<span id='postcolor'>

its real hard to find any mature forums... dang, i was looking forward to good fighters but then this came up, again mad.gif

and one other thing, all of those were West Fighters the East needs fighters to mad.gif

First of all I hate being called the things you said and second the pic you shown is not the same galaxy I did for the following reason.

1:No cockpit Detail.

2:LANDING GEAR IS CROOKED and it looks horrible.

3:TOOO MANY POLY's around 27,000 from the pic you have and when I downloaded it myself. I modified it significanty.

The planes own detail is really fulked up, there is hardly any it just looks like a piece of sausage wiht wings in this pics you forgot about all the hatches, doors, and switches that I modeled in mine!!

So you can all go to hell if you believe these planes are the exact same ones. Also the modles at 3d caffee are only basis models something ot get started with, In lamens terms I ripped these apart in section in 3dsmax and have edited signifiucantly on all of them. Now if you call doing so much as a mod to one of these that I basicallly started from scratch, you are not a smart person, and abviously know nothing about 3d modeling, and how hard it can be. I bet most of you just thaught that these were just models I downloaded well they are NOT!! Also Full Credit to the first author will be given as is requested by them even though its not at all the same ones up for download. These planes are just basic shapes if you download them.

These models will be put in game as work of mine, and also giving full credit to the original makers too.

If you think you can modify a plane for 3 weeks to actually look like a real one be my guest, the original wouldnt near look good or wouldnt even go in ofp. I worked to much on these models by myself to call it stealing from another artist!

BYE!

LANDWARRIOR

P.S. My geforce 4 and modem went out on my computer so I wont be able to talk to any of oyu guys for about a week.

Until then think about how wrong you are!!

ALSO ABOUT SOME A HOLE NOT GIVING ME TIME TO EXPLAIN SAYING THAT i WOULD WAREZ OXYGEN.

WAREZ!!!!!!!!!1 I HATE WAREZ PUNKS HWO SCAM OTHER PEOPLE AN ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IF YOU DO.

EVERTIME I CATCH A WAREZER I SEND HTEM VIRUSES THAT HOW MUCH I HATE WAREZ. I WAS NOT TRYING TO FOOL BIS TO GET OXYGEN TO WAREZ IT I AM A MAN OF MY WORD AND IF I SIGN AN AGREEMENT OR TELL SOMEONE I'M NOT GOING TO SOMETHING I DONT DO IT!!!! NOT ONLY AM I INSULTED satchel I AM FURIOUS THIS IS AS LOW AS YOU CAN GO BY CALLING A MAN THAT SO YOU CAN GOT TO HELL, BECAUSE NO ONE EVEN GAVE ME TIME HERE TO EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!

bye

LANDWARRIOR

Shit I believe him. If he really had to steal the model so he could show BIS a good model then he isnt a good modeler and woudn't know what to do with oxygen. He didn't steal it though. He may have used some of the same ideas in making his own model but he didn't steal it.

actualy, swedi, if he d/l's someone models he should only study them and then reconstruct them himself, they way he did it, but d/ling them editing alot, he has only done 5-10% of the work and that is not right to take most credit for himself ... infact that is the lowest modeling skill, he doesnt know how to model if he edits, it is not hard to add a box here and that..... but makeing the shape of an aircraft does require skill, you he does deserv to get flamed for not mentioning he is only editing other ppls work...

the first thing anyone should do that is editing model, is to meantion they are and who's and where from if it is not well known.....

like my soldier model i did not long ago, itwas based off a model from ghost recon, i used there model to make pics of the front side and top, and then i studied the model then reconstructed it, and damn it looks just like there model.... so i have kinda hidden it cozz i hate getting flamed, but i do know how to model and i am domn good at it, and ppl around here will soon see, if they dunno me from the HL - CS area, or from Tactical Ops for UT "that just went retail"

what this guy did is lame "just for not saying what he was doing till someone reconised it" cozz it got him into shit, so now he need to learn to model or else he is screwed "known as a ripper with no skills"

I don´t believe him, simply because of the reason of his statement on the site "i build them all from scratch" ..."i worked so hard"...yaddah yaddah. Where are the credits for their real  authors in this thread, on his site... they are nowhere mentioned, he tried to make everyone believe that he did them completely by himself. If noone would have gotten suspicious about the models, he for sure wouldn´t have said anything. Also what did he change, i see no difference to the originals.

hhhmmm, this is very confusing, again........... mad.gif

I totaly agree with you satchel he did state on the web site that he built them from SCRATCH in nice bold letters and about what landwarrior said about building a model (how it would take weeks to build one) Look at Eviscerator he builds the models like mad it only takes him about a day or two to complete one.

Landwarrior: I aggree with you, that galaxy model is crap, as downloaded, but it is the same model you have, extra doors or not.

Saying that I, or some of the others that have come down on you here rightfully, do not know how to model, and aren't smart, only adds to the insult you have shown the modeling community of OFP.

To call a model your own, you take a polygon and add vertices and tweak and manipulate them onto a 3-view of the model. This doesn't take long (not 3 weeks), but getting everything as efficient as possible is an art, editing someones elses work simply doesn't "count" as making a model.

I don't care if you start with a Galaxy and end up with the Death Star, it's not cricket.

About your apparent distaste of warez, how much did you pay for your copy of 3D Studio Max?

And to Swedish Man and OFPman, don't be confused. There's

no dignity in what he did, don't even try to rationalize it. I hope nobody in the OFP community comes near addons that were made in this fashion.

Konyak

Landwarrior, whatever crappy ass server you're using you might wanna upgrade it as nothing shows up.

dont shoot me but, i was thinking about doing roughly the same thing but with telling people the models werent mine, as i downloaded a pack of models b1, sr-71, f-15 etc, and i thought that if me making them into ofp vehicles would stop the requesting of them all the time then maybe modellers would have time to do something better, but i dont think i will now :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 14 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Landwarrior, whatever crappy ass server you're using you might wanna upgrade it as nothing shows up.<span id='postcolor'>

I think he was hacked earlyer today

First of all if it will make you guys happy I will just reconstruct the models completely, even though it will take forever to make them as good as I had them again I will do this to make you guys happy. Second I dont know which one fo you fuckers hacked my site but when I go in there tomorrow and see what your IP is you can expect a virus!!! Unless the person confesses and apologizes for their action and if my forums are deleted which I hve in a secret folder in there I will really be po'd becasue its hard customizing yabb forums!!

Oh and satchel I was planning on giving the authors of the original credit for their work with helping me for a base model to work on.

And the server isnt crappy it hosted on an oc3 connection 1 gig of ram win 2000.

And one of you wanted to know how much I spent on my 3dsmax4 it was around $3500 I had to cash one of my stcoks in to buy it and a friend taught me how to use it, hes a super god 3d modeler.

Bye,

LANDWARRIOR

All I want is the damn thing to be released. So what if he didnt fully make the model. If hes actually putting it in the game, thats more than alot of you guys could ever do. (Disreguard that if your a big time model maker). Of course im talking strictly from the point-of-view of someone who just likes to fly jets.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LANDWARRIOR @ May 14 2002,03:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Second I dont know which one fo you fuckers hacked my site but when I go in there tomorrow and see what your IP is you can expect a virus!!! Unless the person confesses and apologizes for their action and if my forums are deleted which I hve in a secret folder in there I will really be po'd becasue its hard customizing yabb forums!!<span id='postcolor'>

I saw what has happened to the startpage of your site LANDWARRIOR, and went to to the first page of this thread to check out what Advocat meant with 'nothing shows up'; looking for another url than the 'domain root'.

I right clicked on a picture you had linked to, and the link is a ftp adress with username & password...... I was just about to check if it worked, but thought you might find my IP at the server and blame me for deleting your stuff - so im posting here instead.

I feel really sorry for you, but why did'nt you post the http url instead? If that account has all rights it would not need to be a hacker to delete the stuff  sad.gif  BTW I made a search for "t4l1b4n" on Google and it seems like someone goes under that name when gaming too...

And personally I have nothing against it if you release your modified models, as long as you give credit to the author; thinking bout all the time you seem to have put down on it it would be a shame if it was all for nothing.

And you guys blaming him  - give it a rest, if its true what he has written in the last posts, the only 'negative' thing is that he did not mention they were modified from the start; not a real big deal is it?