Sign in to follow this  
theunraveler

How do I get the PMC and the British Armed Forces DLC?

Hi all

I'm a student so I got no credit card or pay pal. I live in Australia, is there any way I can obtain a physical copy of the 2 expansion? I dont see any shops here selling them, oh I already have ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Thanks

Hi all

I'm a student so I got no credit card or pay pal. I live in Australia, is there any way I can obtain a physical copy of the 2 expansion? I dont see any shops here selling them, oh I already have ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Thanks

Probably not.. I got the same problem cause I don't have these and don't like these methods.. I think even Steam don't sell them.. Just buy them of Sprocket and burn them on a DVD, this requires to have Pay Pal or a credit card though.

Maybe if you wait and they're done releasing DLC's mostly BIS come with a DVD in Germany for example that contains patches and maybe DLC's I don't know, I've seen some strange packages of this game around the world. But that doesn't mean your country can import them. For stores selling, you won't find them anywhere so internet is your best friend at the moment.

Steam sells the DLCs but you need the Steam version of ArmA 2 / OA to play them ;)

So there are no boxed copies of BAF or PMC, only digital download versions?

Sad...

Why is it sad? It's not. Use a parent's, mate's, pet dog's etc cash card/paypal account. It ain't hard.

Hi all

There are several companies that offer prepaid debit and payroll cards.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaidcards/?p=0&keywords=prepaid+visaExact&p=0&ef_id=Sp7pckNIYXsAADXOZL8AAABA:20110116162142:s

They are what sensible people use instead of travlers cheques.

You just set up a bank account which any one over 16 can do (you have to be that age plus to play ArmA in the first place) and then pay into one of these cards in your name. They are debit based so just put in enough money to do the job. As to not being able to use paypal sorry but it dont wash.

Then just use Sprocket, job done.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

So there are no boxed copies of BAF or PMC, only digital download versions?

Sad...

I googled Define: DLC and look what I got

Definitions of DLC on the Web:

* downloadable content

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/DLC

I googled Define: DLC and look what I got

Patches are also downloadable and there are some DVD's that include updates so never know what Arma 2's future is, might be someday if they're done evaluating all DLC's they want to develope..

If they put those DLC's onto disc the price increases, cost of CD/packaging/transport/retail cut etc etc....

Keep it at DLC

OP

as the someone else said, you must have someone in your life that you can give the cash to and ask them to sort it for you buddy.... if not get out of that computer room and get a tan.... :) only jk bud.. hope you sort it.

Patches are also downloadable and there are some DVD's that include updates so never know what Arma 2's future is, might be someday if they're done evaluating all DLC's they want to develope..

Yes, but DLC literally means Downloadable Content.

That's my point.

Visa and Mastercard have gift cards that work exactly like Credit cards online and stores.

Contact your bank and see if they offer them.

You can also check the Visa and Mastercard websites.

This is one thats available in North America

https://www.vanillamastercard.com/learnMore.html

Edited by jblackrupert

You just set up a bank account which any one over 16 can do (you have to be that age plus to play ArmA in the first place)

Nitpicking: Some countries don't have age restrictions for video games, I know at least Norway dont.

Edited by sparks50