Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

Lucky me.I am teen so I don't have to plan anything.I will return from school eat and then start bombing every single Jap that I see.:o

Looking forward to giving this a go once released boys.

Good work :)

I feel more a texture artist then a 3d modeler in these days.. :icon_mrgreen:

Type 89 knee mortar will take probably the slot of the pistol and will be able to fire standard Japanese army grenades.

kneemortarrender.jpg

(not sure if the model has been made by Gachopin,please correct me if I'm wrong...and yes yes I know that It's Improvements instead of improvments ...lol)

Still need some tweaks on the Normal . Hope you will enjoy !

Edited by Babylonjoke

Ahhh.The knee mortar.How many young marines lost their legs using one of these.Hope that the player won't lose one too!:o

Ahhh.The knee mortar.How many young marines lost their legs using one of these.Hope that the player won't lose one too!:o

I don't know. Wikipedia says that at most it broke their thighs or gave them a bruise. Unless they exploded.

I don't know. Wikipedia says that at most it broke their thighs or gave them a bruise. Unless they exploded.

I watched a documantary about japanese small arms and said that when the fired the mortar would destroy their knee because they positioned it the wrong way

I watched a documantary about japanese small arms and said that when the fired the mortar would destroy their knee because they positioned it the wrong way

Well, they weren't supposed to rest it on their knees. If only the government would have gone to some effort to destroy the nickname "knee mortar" and replace it with "knee wrecker mortar", perhaps all that could've been avoided.

Is it too late to apply for a tester? This mod looks like a lot of fun to try and break over and over.

I dunno about you guys but personally I've know for months already what the first thing I'm gonna do when this mod comes out. I'm going staright to Mission editor and going to spend a day just looking at all the new weapons and troops, vehicles, objects etc, then just wander around the island checkin out all the awesome new stuff. Then, maybe if a day is enough, Ill set up some firefights hehe Lookin forward to this one for sure :D

When they inform as for the release I am gonna reinstall arma 2 CO so that the mod won't have any problems.

When they inform as for the release I am gonna reinstall arma 2 CO so that the mod won't have any problems.

Dont belive you will have any problem. And it will come with sixupdater.

Is there already someone willing to make SP missions or a campaign as soon as the mod is out?

Dont belive you will have any problem. And it will come with sixupdater.

Not a really big one but I have ACE and Cowarmod and many more so it will get a bit confusing

Is there already someone willing to make SP missions or a campaign as soon as the mod is out?

We just have to wait and see.

:)

Hey, wow. Reminds me of the caves on one of the Jap Battlegroup42 maps.

thx m8

:)

Hey Mr Pedersen, I've sent you a PM!

When will this be released?

Before Arma 3 is all I can say.

And asking for release here on BIS-forum I belive count as spam?

Hey I know it's a little early to be thinkin about future add ons, what with the the Beta still awaiting release, but I got a cool idea for a map. What if you guys did a map based on the invasion of Japan that never happen, Operation Downfall. I tried my hand at it, got all the programs but like so many newbies couldn't figure out step one. I was thinkin maybe the Operation Olympic portion would have been the easiest to do, that attack on southern Kyushu. Problem I guess would be trying to find WW2 era images of the area to make it all up. But going off of google maps based on terrain alone it looks like it could make a pretty fun and intense battleground. But like I said, a little too early, kinda far fetched and probably a huge pain in the rear. But just thought I'd throw that one out there

Hey I know it's a little early to be thinkin about future add ons, what with the the Beta still awaiting release, but I got a cool idea for a map. What if you guys did a map based on the invasion of Japan that never happen, Operation Downfall. I tried my hand at it, got all the programs but like so many newbies couldn't figure out step one. I was thinkin maybe the Operation Olympic portion would have been the easiest to do, that attack on southern Kyushu. Problem I guess would be trying to find WW2 era images of the area to make it all up. But going off of google maps based on terrain alone it looks like it could make a pretty fun and intense battleground. But like I said, a little too early, kinda far fetched and probably a huge pain in the rear. But just thought I'd throw that one out there

It was enough with the atomic bombs over japan.

That idea of yours will never happen.

/mod-team.