Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Option to disable terrain parralax mapping

As per the title. That little circle of ground that follows you about and applies parralax mapping to the little rocks and plants that are part of the terrain texture, it's OK but I'm sure a little performance could be regained by turning it off. Speaking personally, my machine can handle it OK it's just that I'd prefer not to have it, I'd prefer the various blood addons to look good against a flat tarrain rather than "float" on the false surface. Also case shells etc would look better.

good idea!

I think this ugly transparent wave on the ground (best you can see this in prone position) is from the parralax mapping.

Yes and

+1 for case shells

parallax effect i believe is a pretty good performance hit, I would like to disable it aswell as its only on terrain textures.

Grass drawdistance should be seperate from Terrain detail (the higher its set the better the terrain looks at distance)

As per the title. That little circle of ground that follows you about and applies parralax mapping to the little rocks and plants that are part of the terrain texture

Are you talking about that funny effect when the player runs up/down on hillsides and the ground nearby looks like it has a wavy effect? (As it's made of water, shifting around?) If so, that looks like a bug to me in the first place. I cannot imagine that anyone would consider that any kind of desirable.

Or did I misunderstand you?

IMHO, you guys should be playing other games if you turn off every option possible to get some fps, like ArmA1 and Flashpoint.

IMHO, the game should be scalable. Which it isn't. What would it be for you if it was an option?

well this is just IMO but AFAIK the CAA1 converted Sahrani has no Parallax mapping

so You can easily create maps w/o it

but i assume You want this as config option ?

well this is just IMO but AFAIK the CAA1 converted Sahrani has no Parallax mapping

so You can easily create maps w/o it

but i assume You want this as config option ?

Would like it to be yes :) but it doesn't need to be an ingame setting, a config file entry or a command would be just as good.

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/company/developers-blog/94-show-me-the-light

IMHO, you guys should be playing other games if you turn off every option possible to get some fps, like ArmA1 and Flashpoint.

I already stated my reasons to disable it, and FPS wasn't one :)